Lustrous Federation Crate

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    make sure to sell all your talents sooner than later

after all, they won't dip to a low price for the remainder of the sale and then go back up to an even higher price afterwards

hahaha.....
  • lol what's next? fm and sc gear loot boxes? random chance of +0 fm/sc with a 0.00001% chance of getting that sweet +9 sc? lmao
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    En Masse cashing-in while they can with LOOT BOXES; I wonder what will happen to games that heavily rely on whales to keep games alive.

Could we please bring back subscription MMOs? No...? >_> (I do actually know that P2P isn't sustainable for most games anymore, and F2P brings a lot of players who couldn't otherwise afford to play. I'm only being half-serious.)

Inevitably F2P seem to have no way except to get closer and closer to P2W as time goes on. TERA is still relatively balanced, but it keeps creeping forward one step at a time. In other regions they're many steps ahead.

It'd be nice to believe in the "cosmetics-only" dream, but I really feel like they ran out of creativity there, and in the end most people only needs so many costumes/mounts/etc. (Particularly now that they started with the stats on mounts, it renders the other ones basically useless...)

I definitely believe part of it is the "happy customers are happy spenders" problem (and a lot aren't happy), and I know there are other games that have found another way that works for them, but who knows. I hope the industry finds a way out of this current trap before it keeps getting worse.

Oh believe me, there's no such thing as too much costumes on our cute Elins...
    There IS such a thing as too little purchase options tho, and "Seen/have it..." moments too. Well, they're barely releasing any new cute outfits so there's that for destroying the whale ecosystem, and I don't really believe the current system is as good as it should be financially.

and besides the fact that there aren't really any new costumes they keep removing the older stuff from the shop too so you have even less of a choice :|
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    > @Soffyasd said:
    > mEME is copying certain publisher's p2w sh¡t, i hope they could copy the good stuff.

The big difference in this one is that the other publisher actually offers in game methods for getting a good amount of said item as a dungeon reward, not only cash shop, while here we grind and grind and get nothing but asked to spend money...
  • Ginjitsu wrote: »
    En Masse cashing-in while they can with LOOT BOXES; I wonder what will happen to games that heavily rely on whales to keep games alive.

Could we please bring back subscription MMOs? No...? >_> (I do actually know that P2P isn't sustainable for most games anymore, and F2P brings a lot of players who couldn't otherwise afford to play. I'm only being half-serious.)

Inevitably F2P seem to have no way except to get closer and closer to P2W as time goes on. TERA is still relatively balanced, but it keeps creeping forward one step at a time. In other regions they're many steps ahead.

It'd be nice to believe in the "cosmetics-only" dream, but I really feel like they ran out of creativity there, and in the end most people only needs so many costumes/mounts/etc. (Particularly now that they started with the stats on mounts, it renders the other ones basically useless...)

I definitely believe part of it is the "happy customers are happy spenders" problem (and a lot aren't happy), and I know there are other games that have found another way that works for them, but who knows. I hope the industry finds a way out of this current trap before it keeps getting worse.

how did they run out of creativity when we offered great suggestions multiple times. ktc had a thread this year asking us what we would like to see in the shop. we recently had a thread about suggestions for mounts. the thing is, they don't read the threads or if they do, they just glance over it and do nothing about it unless its to close them. for arguments sake, in case they will read this, I will give them a few ideas since they are lacking creativity... they could try to make a deal with whomever they have to and bring back the hello kitty stuff to sell not in lootboxes, they could bring out the alice dress bugs and all, they could bring back older costumes in the shop and keep all these things in there, they could make sailor moon type outfits, they could bring back and have a version of account bound mounts for all mounts like they used to, they could bring out flying wings mounts angel and demon type, a flying flying carpet mount, a flying broom mount to go with Halloween outfits, water mounts or inflatable toy water mounts, make pets that look like the bams and make them a little larger than regular pets and give them 144 slots, a flying butterfly mount, a butterfly pet, dogs and cats pets since we see them in the game in towns and all, costumes that transforms the character into looking like an enemy like a sporewalker for example, an old fashion bi plane flying mount and a tank ground mount since lore has been broken since police cars, a flying unicorn mount, bring back the ground unicorn mount, sell permant fiery halos, unity stoles, blazing unity stoles, and these are just a few things off the top of my head. so hopefully if they want to make money and if their creativity is lost or not working atm, here are just a few things they can do.
  • TsukasaKunTsukasaKun ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

how did they run out of creativity when we offered great suggestions multiple times. ktc had a thread this year asking us what we would like to see in the shop. we recently had a thread about suggestions for mounts. the thing is, they don't read the threads or if they do, they just glance over it and do nothing about it unless its to close them. for arguments sake, in case they will read this, I will give them a few ideas since they are lacking creativity... they could try to make a deal with whomever they have to and bring back the hello kitty stuff to sell not in lootboxes, they could bring out the alice dress bugs and all, they could bring back older costumes in the shop and keep all these things in there, they could make sailor moon type outfits, they could bring back and have a version of account bound mounts for all mounts like they used to, they could bring out flying wings mounts angel and demon type, a flying flying carpet mount, a flying broom mount to go with Halloween outfits, water mounts or inflatable toy water mounts, make pets that look like the bams and make them a little larger than regular pets and give them 144 slots, a flying butterfly mount, a butterfly pet, dogs and cats pets since we see them in the game in towns and all, costumes that transforms the character into looking like an enemy like a sporewalker for example, an old fashion bi plane flying mount and a tank ground mount since lore has been broken since police cars, a flying unicorn mount, bring back the ground unicorn mount, sell permant fiery halos, unity stoles, blazing unity stoles, and these are just a few things off the top of my head. so hopefully if they want to make money and if their creativity is lost or not working atm, here are just a few things they can do.

The problem with game modification/addition suggestions is EME doesn't have the power to do anything. They can, at best, forward the suggestions to BHS for them to be filed in the trash like the suggestions from any non-Asian (or more specifically, non-Korean/Japanese) territory. It's been that way for many years. Same with bug reports. Best they can do is forward to BHS and cross their fingers that BHS bothers to fix it.. and even if they do, it won't get fixed here for 6+ months in some cases (depends on if the fix was already applied in KTera). Some particularly severe ones might get fixed within a week, but those are generally "BHS screwed up our build and needs to redo it" bugs.

Edit: Case and point... the monkey BAMs in Bastion are STILL broken all these years later, and were broken from the very start. Some of them have extremely short leashes so that if they move more than an meter from their spawn point, they reset. It was reported when Bastion first launched. It was reported all the way up until BHS just obsoleted the content entirely. No changes were ever made.
  • heartlessladyheartlesslady ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Trash company that creates a artificial demand and gives a "supply" thru cash shop. I won't send a penny and hope players support this as well.

Swear they pull this stuff every Friday so they don;t have to deal with it til Monday. Seriously guys don't support this type of business. Where if there is issue with a game just pay more money! Want a new CM just pay more money! Not having fun with the game, just spend more money!
    Tired of EME screwing you over? Just pay more money!.
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    why the actual [filtered] do you think this is ok now this is pay to win or go fkn farm for W/e hours behind a daily # of V quest that are locked at a certain amount,

Cashop should be only costumes an boosters not in game drops

last nail in the coffin more like they are already throwing the dirt on it and saying some words to it
  • Wow great post instead of fixing the [filtered] you want them to sell talents, epic fail.
  • How about you cry about the federation gem crates too while you're at it, a bunch of hypocrites...
  • spung wrote: »
    How about you cry about the federation gem crates too while you're at it, a bunch of hypocrites...

OK? There were plenty of people crying about the gem crates? The gem crates aren't being sold now, the talent ones are...
  • Personally I have no issue with the talent crates because it will inject the market with needed resources without affecting the overall performance and leave long term damage.

Masterwork / Spellbinds Boxes existed as cash shop long before you were born and this isn't any different. The game is F2P, you want faster gearing you open your wallet, its simple as that. You don't want to pay then crap don't complain about how long it will take you to grind.

I don't even know why we are having this discussion, this tell me you're just a bunch of brats who joined the game early this morning because you cannot get your shiny gear the way you want it.

EME held an event to help new comers to gear for next patch, I think they deserve some gratitude instead of the grumpy faces you forum dwellers show.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    spung wrote: »
    Personally I have no issue with the talent crates because it will inject the market with needed resources without affecting the overall performance and leave long term damage.

Masterwork / Spellbinds Boxes existed as cash shop long before you were born and this isn't any different. The game is F2P, you want faster gearing you open your wallet, its simple as that. You don't want to pay then crap don't complain about how long it will take you to grind.

The difference here is that 1) there were very few people who actually bought those and 2) over time getting both became easier by simply, you know, playing the game. It eventually got to the point where spending money on either of those was a massive waste and I certainly didn't see too many people crying about their absence when they were removed from the store (obsolescence or otherwise). By the way, with the average gamer being in their early-30s, I highly doubt those items were around "long before [they] were born".

Also, just because you have no issue with it doesn't mean others don't, just like how I didn't think we needed the server merge last month (and I was very vocal as to why not). And you know what? In both instances we were in the minority and thus the decision was made to appease the many rather than the few (methods of doing so notwithstanding).

I don't like saying this, but this is definitely a case of "deal with it :sunglasses: ".
    spung wrote: »
    I don't even know why we are having this discussion, this tell me you're just a bunch of brats who joined the game early this morning because you cannot get your shiny gear the way you want it.

EME held an event to help new comers to gear for next patch, I think they deserve some gratitude instead of the grumpy faces you forum dwellers show.

People want to play the game to get their stuff, not pay a rapidly free-falling company for the opportunity. Is it really that difficult to understand?

Now, credit where it's due, the enchanting event is great, but it's a little difficult to praise EME on this when they keep f**king up everywhere else.

All that said, no one can stop you from buying these lootboxes outside of a physical confrontation - it's your money and you can do whatever the f**k you like with it. But don't you dare tell the rest of us "Well, I don't have a problem, so you shouldn't either."
  • That’s companies new business model, micro pays if the sold a costume, the only won money once or a mount. You can get 60 $ and that’s all. Until another person wanna buy one.

But if you sell something that people needs to play, and need tons like Golden talents or silver , per small boxes for money, you may get 500 or 1000 or 10000 usd per day.

The only way to stop is people, but people aren’t smart these days. Look at consoles before 80% of the game was launched.now games start in early access and is 20% of the game and 80% dlc thanks to the cows that pay for everything without think a minute .