[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

"How many versions of this game are out there?" - a brief look into the EIGHT official releases!

2»

Comments

• DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Content trailers, as far as NA is concerned, have been a good indicator of how seriously publisher treats their game. I mean, have you seen how abominal console ninja trailer was? On top of all the memes, ninja doesnt even appear on screen until split second before the end. I believe it all started with Danicia's high-on-weed cat mounts trailer and trailers have been deterioating in quality ever since. Even the most recent apex 2 skills preview.... Reaper skills completely out of context, Valkyrie using new runeburst without any stacks.... I could go on but thats for a different thread. KR and JP trailers have always been mostly on point, and know when and whether to take things comically or seriously. Elin brawler trailer is a good example. It's a rich meme gold mine, but KR knew that even if it's a small girl with big fists punching giant monsters, trailer should still be class-worthy.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    evilbaobei wrote: »
    snip
    Maulclaw wrote: »
    I'll look into it, thanks!

think ill look too
    itll end up being a third my current ping if not better
    see how I go
    and if you have any other info id be happy to hear of it
    thanks
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    tisnotme wrote: »
    snip

think ill look too
    see how I go
    thanks

nope cant make an account with out an id number
  • edited October 2018
    u can register w.o id. just leave it blank, the last 2 IDs
    snip

think ill look too
    see how I go
    thanks

nope cant make an account with out an id number

• > @tisnotme said:
    > evilbaobei wrote: »
    >
    > snip
    >
    >
    >
    > Maulclaw wrote: »
    >
    > I'll look into it, thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > think ill look too
    > itll end up being a third my current ping if not better
    > see how I go
    > and if you have any other info id be happy to hear of it
    > thanks

Anytime if you need help, just send me a DM or find me in game on TH..🤣 or discord if you wan :x #bei6865..
  • evilbaobeievilbaobei ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Hello guys...

Just an update on the status from TERA TH..

They have recently released news that they will officially have an english server (SEA) in November 2018..

For SEA players who are interested to continue playing TERA with low ping, probably can look forward for it..

I hope this information is helpful to all fellow SEA players!

https://m.facebook.com/TERA.SEA.PLAYWITH/?ref=content_filter
  • evilbaobei wrote: »
    Hello guys...

Just an update on the status from TERA TH..

They have recently released news that they will officially have an english server (SEA) in November 2018..

For SEA players who are interested to continue playing TERA with low ping, probably can look forward for it..

I hope this information is helpful to all fellow SEA players!

https://m.facebook.com/TERA.SEA.PLAYWITH/?ref=content_filter

Quite interesting. But I don't see many people playing SEA or even TH? How are these versions still afloat?
  • Just a word of caveat regarding PLAYWITH Interactive (previously known as YNK Korea). They've pulled some fast ones recently with other games (the following being the most recent one). MassivelyOP covered this since I had blogged about the details earlier. PLAYWITH acquired the IP for Elite Lord of Alliance (ELOA) when NPICSOFT (the original developers) went under in early 2018 (they previously licensed it in 2017 to create their own version). ELOA itself failed twice when published outside Korea (first with Webzen and then GamenGame) while Netmarble finally shuttered the Korean version in December 2017.

PLAYWITH made big noise in Korea in May 2017 about their "new MMO" with the codename Project K which they would be self-publishing. Then in September 2017, they made a surprise announcement about the Korean open beta of Kuntara Online: The Elite Lords Awakening citing an October soft launch. MMO players were hyped for a new release so there was naturally a lot of interest. Here is the important part though; up until the actual open beta, they never disclosed it was a rebranding of ELOA; as a result, they ended up with 150K pre-registration signups. At launch, they had around 45K players but that is finally when players realized it was a rebranded and slightly modified version of ELOA (they came clean after that admitting they were licensing the IP from NPICSOFT which was still in business at that time). Thus the interest level dropped off a cliff and game sites stopped covering it.

In early June 2018, PLAYWITH Interactive announced they were releasing a buy-2-play ($11.99) MMO via Steam Early Access called Warlords Awakening for NA/EU. This was coming on the heels of Neowiz' poorly handled Steam Early Access launch in May of Bless Online (which was also buy-2-play). This was a renamed and english localized version of Kuntara Online. Meanwhile in Korea, they announced in late June that they would be shutting down Kuntara Online on July 11th (the early access version of Warlords Awakening was initially going to be launched on July 26th but was delayed by a week). They were unable to retain players due to questionable changes to the game as well as being heavily pay-2-win in the cash shop in Korea. The removed much of those elements for the Steam version but it still has a lot of other issues resulting again from more questionable design changes. I got a game key for free and thus followed/gave it a shot but their handling of early access has been nothing short of terrible. Early on, players gave a lot of feedback but they've managed to address one or two of them (little communication, just one basic roadmap, few updates that address the issues, etc).

The graph on the bottom shows the trend similar to what happened to the Korean version.

I don't expect the Thailand based subsidiary of PLAYWITH Interactive to handle the SEA version of TERA any better given their history in both South Korea and with their subsidiary publishers in other regions. I don't think their player retention rates (one of the key metrics used) when servicing just Thai players was any good (recurring revenues which is another key metric probably also tanked as a result) which is partly why they are expanding coverage with a regional server for SEA players.
  • ___________________________________

BUMP!

I'm bumping this thread as I've found new information about the eight official releases, and also decided to clean up a bunch of things and make it more organized. Feel free to comment as you see fit.

• There is a mobile Tera called Tera M I believe and I know I played it but don't remember much except that a lot of classes were locked to races far worse then the Tera we play. I think my tablet wasn't good enough to consistently play it or I didn't enjoy it so I stopped playing it.

I personally prefer the NA launched version. The game was a challenge back then and fun. No avatar weapons or what now passes for greens. You had weapon and armor crafting. The orange lettered weapons were hard to find unless you did dungeons and they were awesome when you got the roll/drop. Weapons and armor could be upgraded from min level up to max which the game has now removed. I preferred the old way of changing your armor over the fashion coupon way we have now. The Nexus was around and fun though laggy as [email protected]$k. Servers had fun communities that you got to know the names of a lot of players from chat and Nexus groups which we don't get now-a-days. All races could play all classes and not this locking BS we get now. Had fun titles like Angel of Death that got removed for some stupid reason. I regret deleting my only toon with that title and would've got it on all my toons had I known they were removing it.

Launch Tera > Current Tera imo.