[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1626365676873

Comments

  • Is there some reason they can't just implement the guardian legion "DPS meter" into dungeons? It's obviously not nearly as detailed as shinra (and it would be better to have something more detailed like this) but it seems they already have a DPS tracker built into the game so why not at least just put that in for dungeons as well? Am I missing something as to why that wouldn't be very easy for them to do?
  • @Starkhoe I rarely type in forum until the proxy mess. I am someone who watched this whole thing from the start and made a decision what I support from all the things I read and response.

    Never defend counterpoint before this once before this so I do not know what fangirl means.
    I just think it is hilarious how you are actiing and that 100% you giving other proxy users bad representation.

    Again i do not speak english and I play from different country with 160 ms but NEVER NEEDED TO USE PROXY! I have full +9 stormcry gear today and I have never whined. Do I do lower than top 1% DPS in dungeon? Yes I do but I can still hit almost 3mil on good setup anyway and that is clearable.

    I am an actual player who plays from a different country but I am not whining that proxy is removed?I have had opinion of proxy before but I also read lot and lot of forum post as a final decision. IS that not the main goal for proxy? For 150+ms player to play? But I made a decision from how people like you act in the community post and decided at the end I do not want to be or act like someone that whine and cry.

    End of the mess I can feel for high ping player who need proxy but if it comes to not having proxy that cause a good chunk of people with your attitude stark to leave and cry to EU, I will be more than happy to not support proxy on NA. This is your attitude when toy is removed from the game? Insult try to find post 1 year ago and more crying.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    DDWWKC339M wrote: »
    Is there some reason they can't just implement the guardian legion "DPS meter" into dungeons? It's obviously not nearly as detailed as shinra (and it would be better to have something more detailed like this) but it seems they already have a DPS tracker built into the game so why not at least just put that in for dungeons as well? Am I missing something as to why that wouldn't be very easy for them to do?

    Guardian legion isn't a dps meter, it's a point system. It doesn't show DPS in the slightest, especially when healers get bonus points to compensate for low dps
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    DDWWKC339M wrote: »
    Is there some reason they can't just implement the guardian legion "DPS meter" into dungeons? It's obviously not nearly as detailed as shinra (and it would be better to have something more detailed like this) but it seems they already have a DPS tracker built into the game so why not at least just put that in for dungeons as well? Am I missing something as to why that wouldn't be very easy for them to do?

    Guardian legion isn't a dps meter, it's a point system. It doesn't show DPS in the slightest, especially when healers get bonus points to compensate for low dps

    Is the meter not counting damage? Don't you get points based the amount of DPS you do, even if healers do get bonus points for their damage?
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    I rarely type in forum until the proxy mess. I am someone who watched this whole thing from the start and made a decision what I support from all the things I read and response.

    Your reasons and opinions are inconsequential, and they are not my concern. If you are naive enough to play along with what you set out for yourself, then thats on you.
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    Never defend counterpoint before this once before this so I do not know what fangirl means.
    I just think it is hilarious how you are actiing and that 100% you giving other proxy users bad representation.

    Then your not very bright. I won`t address you mentioning him, as he asked me not to keep involving him. I obliged that request for the time being, unless he gives me a reason to do otherwise. For now this is fine. Overall my talk was with him not with you, your just the little sheep that tagged along. Thats about that. Tho its your assumptions that amused me the most. First you assumed I have a grudge, which I don`t. This is all a result of boredom and amusement. Keep reading, i`ll address your second mistake.
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    Again i do not speak english and I play from different country with 160 ms but NEVER NEEDED TO USE PROXY! I have full +9 stormcry gear today and I have never whined. Do I do lower than top 1% DPS in dungeon? Yes I do but I can still hit almost 3mil on good setup anyway and that is clearable.

    I am an actual player who plays from a different country but I am not whining that proxy is removed?I have had opinion of proxy before but I also read lot and lot of forum post as a final decision. IS that not the main goal for proxy? For 150+ms player to play? But I made a decision from how people like you act in the community post and decided at the end I do not want to be or act like someone that whine and cry.

    You are assuming that i`m a proxy user. Are you sure about that? it seems like your not used to using your head, so let me help you. If I was using a proxy, I could have easily admitted to it by now, and I could have also used it to prove other points ive made. However I have done no such thing. No here, and not anywhere else. Also every opinion I have ever mentioned in the entire forums about these subjects, have often been from an observatory standpoint. Like it or not I never used a proxy, and I have also expressed my negative opinions about cheaters several times over, in various places. Tho I will admit that I did use a DPS meter. They can ban me for that if they want too.

    Also.. on a side note, so you have +9 SC which you got today and you can do almost 3mil?! wow i`m sooooo impressed! you are truly Veliks champion! carry me Senpai! :love: or.. not :lol: putting all jokes aside, you.. seem to talk about your in game performance as if it was some kind of trophy. If thats the case then I feel sorry for you on a number of levels. Yeah content can be cleared without a proxy. Even someone like you can do it. Isn't that fantastic? tho some people have higher ping then yours. Some people have more then 160 ms. Some people even have over 200. People with that kind of ping can`t really enjoy the game properly. So... yeah if your dumb enough to accept playing with your conditions, that's entirely on you.
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    End of the mess I can feel for high ping player who need proxy but if it comes to not having proxy that cause a good chunk of people with your attitude stark to leave and cry to EU, I will be more than happy to not support proxy on NA. This is your attitude when toy is removed from the game? Insult try to find post 1 year ago and more crying.

    Ah more incorrect assumptions. Why am I not surprised. I get that your not an English speaker but please learn read between the lines, to some extent. I did not leave NA because of the proxy itself. I left because my friends left, an entire guild infact. Most of them are Asian and their ping was too high. So when EME stopped the proxy, they lost those players. If you insist on responding to me, please make sure to apply abit common sense, @73K5HJREXP
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    FODOKCH wrote: »
    To play with warrior class, its impossible to do AAHM, without proxy i lose 37,5% of DPS, 37,5%!!! Im not crying because the proxy, im crying because im not going to do any DG 5 stars, because DG 5 stars need time to kill the boss, AAHM u have 10 min to burn the boss, I am SC+9 full and without proxy, i do the same dps as FM+9 full, but the dg is 453, imagine do any dg now 5Stars + going like FM, its impossible, without proxy we have few PRO players to clear these new dgs that are coming and probably u wont find a nice party to finish, now without proxy the only DG that i can do is MAX 4 stars with a lot of problems like lag spikes ( RM sucks with it).

    @FODOKCH You pinged the wrong person tho :lol: I agree that people do need proxies. Its the only thing that will save the game.

  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    @Starkhoe If you've 'left' why are you still here antagonizing the community and targeting people like Counterpoint and others? Take your antagonistic attitude and actually 'leave' rather than group yourself with the amount of people who have said "I quit" then linger on the forums and doing nothing but complaining or attacking other people. You're likely to find yourself either jailed or banned if you keep on this route.

    Very disrespectful, and you come off as rude. We have enough toxicity around here. Please don't add to it.
  • 73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    Again i do not speak english and I play from different country with 160 ms but NEVER NEEDED TO USE PROXY! I have full +9 stormcry gear today and I have never whined. Do I do lower than top 1% DPS in dungeon? Yes I do but I can still hit almost 3mil on good setup anyway and that is clearable.
    what if the people that carried you needed proxy zzzz :bleep_bloop:

  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    If you've 'left' why are you still here antagonizing the community and targeting people like Counterpoint and others? Take your antagonistic attitude and actually 'leave' rather than group yourself with the amount of people who have said "I quit" then linger on the forums and doing nothing but complaining or attacking other people. You're likely to find yourself either jailed or banned if you keep on this route.

    Very disrespectful, and you come off as rude. We have enough toxicity around here. Please don't add to it.

    @Naru2008 Jail me? how would that work? :lol: maybe you meant IP ban. That would make more sense. They can go ahead and ban me if they really want too. I don`t care about that and I don`t care about peoples opinion either. This place is a zoo and i`m here for my own amusement, and nothing else for now. However I do agree with you that I have infact already said what I wanted to say. And.. honestly replying to every parrot like yourself is amusing but it is infact getting old, even for me. Squash one roach, and others come out. Each more blind and sanctimonious then the next. Its pointless and its endless. So Its settled then. I agree with you and your timing happened to be excellent. I will not reply to people from this thread at least until there is an offical announcement from EME in regards to the original subject. Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. No jokes.
  • Lets be real here, the only thing that is left right now, is that the players will leave, because either ways, mEME isn't going to "allow" proxy, period.

    Not only that, the devs are not going to support unless there is an explicit statement from mEME to allow it. The only thing mEME has done so far, is to [filtered] off the dev community into not supporting NA. That, combined with a myriad of other problems, like our CM ignoring players, golden talent problems, bugs/glitches/issues not being fixed, is why people are leaving. Its like throwing a hydrogen balloon into an already burning gasoline tank, it explodes even further.

    I will be blunt here, mEME is playing a dangerous game here. Pissing off the mod community is nothing to be happy about, modding communities are what breath life into games. Just look at the myriad that spawned, like DOTA, BR, CS1.6, all which are successful titles that went on to make their own actual game. Suffice to say, the modding community is one of the communities you absolutely do not want to mess around with. Not only did only [filtered] them off, you screwed them with a legal binding DMCA, which you can't back out on now. Now you want to revert your stance back, but the damage has already been done. Time is of the essence here, either start winning your players back with some god-tier PR miracle with solid action, or risk losing it all.

    Ever heard of a Deadly Gamble (Oops I used it), well now you are in one now, its all or nothing.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Not only that, the devs are not going to support
    time to get off your [filtered] and learn how to code one for yourself then

  • Ever heard of a Deadly Gamble (Oops I used it), well now you are in one now, its all or nothing.

    This is the kind of emotionally charged, poorly thought out, empty threats that make this whole situation that much worse. I assure you that losing ALL of its top players would be a blow to this company, hypothetically, but it will not make this game shut down. They've clearly been on a development cycle that allows them to funnel profits in to other things, and it's clearly not their main focus of a game, anyway. I think we can all agree that TERA has been on a content cycle that's cheap and easy to produce over long periods of time. Hell I know of two guild members who recently joined the game and dropped over $200 on it each. They don't even know what proxy IS, they keep asking me what I'm complaining about on the forums. Does catering to players who do anything to win a good idea? You bet it is. Is it still a great idea when you have to pay extra staff with their profits to compensate for their unhappiness and exploits? Yeah not so much anymore. I bet you the amount of revenue from elite on a worldwide base is enough to cover running and development costs, let alone the shops. Even if NA TERA were to droop pretty low on those numbers it's not nearly as bad as forever March, a several month long time where even the top guilds got desperate for players. Doomsaying doesn't help anyone, not you, nor the situation.
  • DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »

    Ever heard of a Deadly Gamble (Oops I used it), well now you are in one now, its all or nothing.

    This is the kind of emotionally charged, poorly thought out, empty threats that make this whole situation that much worse. I assure you that losing ALL of its top players would be a blow to this company, hypothetically, but it will not make this game shut down. They've clearly been on a development cycle that allows them to funnel profits in to other things, and it's clearly not their main focus of a game, anyway. I think we can all agree that TERA has been on a content cycle that's cheap and easy to produce over long periods of time. Hell I know of two guild members who recently joined the game and dropped over $200 on it each. They don't even know what proxy IS, they keep asking me what I'm complaining about on the forums. Does catering to players who do anything to win a good idea? You bet it is. Is it still a great idea when you have to pay extra staff with their profits to compensate for their unhappiness and exploits? Yeah not so much anymore. I bet you the amount of revenue from elite on a worldwide base is enough to cover running and development costs, let alone the shops. Even if NA TERA were to droop pretty low on those numbers it's not nearly as bad as forever March, a several month long time where even the top guilds got desperate for players. Doomsaying doesn't help anyone, not you, nor the situation.

    Clearly you do not know much about the situation, especially if you think that losing top players is a good idea. There are players, willing to drop 2+k on a single day in guilds, and have left Tera because of this, and I am not talking about a few, I am talking about entire guilds worth of people. Top guilds now are so low on members, many are either disbanding or dropping standards, killing the competitive scene. If you think you are so good as to know how to run a game dev and publishing company, why are you not a GM/CM then. The reason they probably took notice of this issue was because of the huge amount of chargebacks they had to do, just to let you know. Go and read Caali's letter if you want to know more as to why.
    metagame wrote: »
    Not only that, the devs are not going to support
    time to get off your [filtered] and learn how to code one for yourself then

    Hey dumb dumb, I happen to patch and mod my own version of it. Your point?

    In all seriousness, you have did nothing but troll posting. Either you come up with some useful points or solid arguments, or leave. The real players don't need you to talk for them.
Sign In or Register to comment.