Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    The real players don't need you to talk for them.
    are you a part of the "real players" then? because what you said just now contradicts what you said last week:
    What we are upset about is the fact that we are no longer able to play the game as it was intended in the first place

as i've mentioned twice now, my "solid points" are stated here.
  • metagame wrote: »
    The real players don't need you to talk for them.
    are you a part of the "real players" then? because what you said just now contradicts what you said last week:
    What we are upset about is the fact that we are no longer able to play the game as it was intended in the first place

as i've mentioned twice now, my "solid points" are stated here.

Other than trying to pick out a small tiny fraction of a statement to try to sound smart, which is nothing short of immature and making yourself look like a smarty-pants, I have yet to see you make a single point about how this drama could be averted/resolved/progress. No one likes a smart-aleck, especially for one who does so little thought in your own comments.
  • So sad to log onto NA and get all of the notifications from 3rd party software saying NA support is being dropped after the 16th :'(
    I hope Enmasse is able to come up with a quick solution to this. I don't really want to wait a year for this to be solved...
    Just contact the devs and tell them you support their software. Practically all of them have said NA support will return if that happens.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    half of your posts have gone on about how "proxy isnt cheating!" "sp isnt breaking the game!", and none of that contributes to anything you've just brought up either.
  • metagame wrote: »
    half of your posts have gone on about how "proxy isnt cheating!" "sp isnt breaking the game!", and none of that contributes to anything you've just brought up either.

Well, almost all your post has been picking on tiny fractions of other people's arguments and comments, I have so far yet to see your own stand or post, much less a single understanding in the issues that players have encountered over the years.

Continue kissing the white knights's butt yea. I heard barking dogs don't bite.
  • I think my last post was wrong. Maybe it is time to get some fresh air into this game and let some old go. Why, just look at any thread and try to find one that isn’t in instant turned into personal attacks, toxicity in one form or another, entitlement and so on. So if we can get rid of that, I’m all in.
    Also on subject of saying I’ll take my money to EU … well Tera is still BHS’s game and EME is still part of BHS, so :)

Don’t get me wrong I’m in no form saying EME is great, far from it, they seriously need to step up their game, as Tera is on fast lane downhill for at least last 2 years., but not just EME, BHS too.
  • Since everyone is ranting, I might as well.
    I have been playing with 70-80 ms ping. I do end game content with no issues.
    However I tried the proxy.
    I can see why people are pissed . For me even though it wasn't game changing, the game was better overall.

So:
    Removal of proxy bad? Yes but only for those with high ping. Any other benefits that came with proxy are QoL tbh

Is the game dead? Hardly...why...The quality of players that left is grossly exaggerated. I want to believe only 10% of people that play TERA truly know how to play the game and their classes. Priests dont know they can remove shields, and those who know dont know the skill for it. Brawlers tanking out of GF, spacebar DPS, out of position DPS etc etc. Yes a chunk has left NA, but quality wise, not much, honestly a huge bunch of semi-ok people to scrubs left with them.

Is the game dying though....unfortunately yes, so enjoy it while you can at least for the rest of 2018 hopefully

While concern is obvious, the exaggerated gloom and doom some people are promoting is unwarranted.
  • Finally last day for awakening 👑 apex 2.0 I only wish that enchantment even keep running till Friday
  • I think is too late, even if we decide to take the risk and play in 'a gray line', there is no more proxy for NA. I'm so sad, tera was my home, and is very hard to just think to start over again in another place.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There's no real way to know what really got EME to release the most recent updates regarding the topic. Maybe they actually registered a high amount of elite cancellations or dips in EMP sales, maybe they started to register far less server activity since the takedown, perhaps the issue made enough noise and they actually had a severe drop in game downloads, after all, in a competitive enviroment your competitors will capitalize every sinlge mistake you make.

What's yet to be seen is what they're doing in the short-mid term to address the main 2 issues: skill prediction and fps drops (let's not talk about revamping the latency issues). The current "tolerance" stance they released might calm things a bit, but in the future the community needs to keep their eyes open so the problem doesn't get buried under the black friday and christmas sales.

I also believe another pressing issue bruoght up by the DMCA scandal is the lack of communication between EME and the player base. The talent box cashgrab and the rather raquitic in-game event to get talents is a clear sign of it. I agree the current community team could and should be doing a far better job, but I also can't completely blame them without knowing how they're actually being managed by the production team, which is responsible of most of the decissions regarding the game.

I hope Tera gets an exclusive CM at some point (be it our current CM or someone else) and that she/he receives all the needed support so the communication starts flowing again as it should.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Well, almost all your post has been picking on tiny fractions of other people's arguments and comments, I have so far yet to see your own stand or post, much less a single understanding in the issues that players have encountered over the years.

Continue kissing the white knights's butt yea. I heard barking dogs don't bite.
    i'm not on either side, because i think both sides made stupid mistakes.

but enough strawmanning. want my thoughts on the topic? they're right here. don't bother replying to this post, or even to this thread until you acknowledge them.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    By the way, where the patch notes at, guys?
  • If you want actual detailed patch notes with as little errors as possible, look to the Gameforge forums. EME can't even put out patch notes properly even though they're a direct sub of BHS.
  • KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    buffons wrote: »
    If you want actual detailed patch notes with as little errors as possible, look to the Gameforge forums. EME can't even put out patch notes properly even though they're a direct sub of BHS.

GF didnt list the patch notes 75 yet in their patch log page yet