We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Moving Forward

2

Comments

  • TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭✭
    My personal perspective is that gearing progression should be limited by meaningful content. Being limited by a resource that is primarily obtained from entry level means is extremely frustrating. Once I exhausted my supply of talents and ground for them for a month or two I lost all incentive to continue. In an mmo with this slow of content release, there needs to be a limit on progression to keep players active, but it should not be from mats that are so boring to farm. That is my perspective of the issue.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    it's simply too late to really do anything about that anymore without doing something drastic like making talents completely untradeable. adding any consistent method of obtaining talents in bulk will only aid in increasing the price further--rich people will buy out the market and relist at a set price just like they did during talent jackpots.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    TYoung11 wrote: »
    My personal perspective is that gearing progression should be limited by meaningful content. Being limited by a resource that is primarily obtained from entry level means is extremely frustrating. Once I exhausted my supply of talents and ground for them for a month or two I lost all incentive to continue. In an mmo with this slow of content release, there needs to be a limit on progression to keep players active, but it should not be from mats that are so boring to farm. That is my perspective of the issue.

    Exactly, I think something that has been horribly missed here is that most dedicated players have 2-3 characters/classes they enjoy playing, aside from their 'main', as well as several other characters they'd like to gear up to at least mid tier.

    Take me for example, I "main" Lancer and all resources go to gearing her up first. But man... Slayer. That's where the fun is at for me, so if I was able to gear my Lancer up to HO or at least high end SC, I'd happily start working on my Slayer. And when she's done? I roll a Priest for a healer and know he could use some gearing-up as well. Even with the acquisition of more talents - I'd still have three times the grind to go through, which excludes my 6 other characters I could have fun with.

    The problem we face now is - without an absolutely OBSCENE amount of grinding, my two alts will never see anything beyond semi-mid tier gear. EME has gated progression to a point where they surely had to think that the goal was to have only one character at BiS per patch without complete dedication to the game. In a much more active game this might be okay, but in a game like Tera, giving a reason for someone to stay on longer should come from the temptation of gearing alts, not draining my brain farming IoD until my eyes roll into the back of my head.
  • 1) Yes. Ditto on XIGNCODE. And yes, i read it as "sign"-code. Useless at this point and it does not serve its supposed purpose.

    2) Geez. The talents. Would be nice to have it as vanguard rewards yeah, aside from it additionally dropping in dgs from every boss. :3

    3) Don't get me wrong, elite mounts are a nice touch, but seriously, whats the point when most of us have our own separate and favorite mounts that we automatically pop just because.
  • @TYoung11 Thanks so much for this feedback! I'm adding it to my report to Bluehole this week :)
  • Soybeans wrote: »
    4) Actually respond to this thread with something more meaningful than "thanks for the feedback".
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @TYoung11 Thanks so much for this feedback! I'm adding it to my report to Bluehole this week :)

    I suppose that counts as "more meaningful"? Still, we've all heard that line before in the past with nothing coming of it, even years later. Hopefully at least #1 gets listened to this time, for once, given the recent circumstances.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @TYoung11 Thanks so much for this feedback! I'm adding it to my report to Bluehole this week :)

    Let's make the Lustrous Federation Crate permanent in the cash shop and I suggest adding a Heroic Crate in the cash shop too. :) <3
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    P2W wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @TYoung11 Thanks so much for this feedback! I'm adding it to my report to Bluehole this week :)

    Let's make the Lustrous Federation Crate permanent in the cash shop and I suggest adding a Heroic Crate in the cash shop too. :) <3

    Maybe add them to the delver coin shop ?
  • P2W wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @TYoung11 Thanks so much for this feedback! I'm adding it to my report to Bluehole this week :)

    Let's make the Lustrous Federation Crate permanent in the cash shop and I suggest adding a Heroic Crate in the cash shop too. :) <3

    Yes and please add, +9 enchantment scrolls too! :monkaS:
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    and while we are at it lets just put clear all content and titles in crates too so no one needs to play nothing
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Exactly, I think something that has been horribly missed here is that most dedicated players have 2-3 characters/classes they enjoy playing, aside from their 'main', as well as several other characters they'd like to gear up to at least mid tier.

    Take me for example, I "main" Lancer and all resources go to gearing her up first. But man... Slayer. That's where the fun is at for me, so if I was able to gear my Lancer up to HO or at least high end SC, I'd happily start working on my Slayer. And when she's done? I roll a Priest for a healer and know he could use some gearing-up as well. Even with the acquisition of more talents - I'd still have three times the grind to go through, which excludes my 6 other characters I could have fun with.
    ^
    You got the point.
    That's why i always tought that the huge influx of mats and easy gearing was never been a big problem on mongo days tbh (esp in a game that trash gear every 6 month like Tera was..and still is, look at iLVL needed for next HM dungeons)
    In general, i think it's better to make gearing easier (i.e: EU) than impossible grindy..

    Btw, gearing was way easier and faster back on Arsenal patch release cuz of perma double VG and lots of meta tokens (it was not that hard to hoard millions of tokens and craft SC+2 w/o much effort for any alt essentially skiping a lot of this huge "gear exp timesink")..
    And there's a new problem now: BIS will be HO+3 but they're doing nothing to nerf enchanting cost of SC gear, in fact it's harder now to gear to SC+7~SC+9 cuz how much they nerfed ingame ways to farm mats, wich make no sense cuz SC is not BIS anymore!

    Prob there'll be huge implication for endgame playerbase cuz : 1 - The majority of endgame players left cuz pr0xy debacle; 2 - Insane 456-457 iLVL req for next HM content; 3 - It's WAY harder to gear to BIS now than 6~12 months ago.

    In the end of the day, the developer got no clear goal in mind when they did the gear revamp and now they rly think that impossible grindy gearing will make ppl stay at the game while in fact is just making lots of ppl avoid Tera's endgame altogether..

  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    ktera added several things to ease the sc enchanting process earlier this month, including adding ees and otherworldly shards to meta emblem shop.
  • metagame wrote: »
    ktera added several things to ease the sc enchanting process earlier this month, including adding ees and otherworldly shards to meta emblem shop.

    So in 5-6 months, NA/EU will see those changes. Until then, though...
  • @Vulcarion there goes ur copy pasta response from eme... classic.
  • spungspung ✭✭
    TYoung11 wrote: »
    My personal perspective is that gearing progression should be limited by meaningful content. Being limited by a resource that is primarily obtained from entry level means is extremely frustrating. Once I exhausted my supply of talents and ground for them for a month or two I lost all incentive to continue. In an mmo with this slow of content release, there needs to be a limit on progression to keep players active, but it should not be from mats that are so boring to farm. That is my perspective of the issue.

    You missed the point of MMOs entirely. Self-sustainability should NEVER exist in any MMO. Again, I believe you're just spoiled by the bad practices done in the past by stunts of the like mongos or absence jackpots.

    The only thing I'd agree with is adding a box to VG that gives 16 talents.
2
Sign In or Register to comment.