Recent DMCA Takedowns of Third-Party Programs - Discussion [Updated: November 8th]

1646567697073

Comments

  • Ketoth wrote: »
    buffons wrote: »
    If you want actual detailed patch notes with as little errors as possible, look to the Gameforge forums. EME can't even put out patch notes properly even though they're a direct sub of BHS.

    GF didnt post the patch notes 75 yet. even being released there more than 5 days ago

    FWIW, they did, it was just not linked properly in the Patch Notes section. In our region, they seem to be posting the notes the morning of maintenance now.
  • kubitoid wrote: »
    Yabi wrote: »
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    EUs fashion store and dressing room is complete and excellent
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

    @EME, how long we should wait for this to happen in NA for lord DAGON sake

    Maybe if you bought more loot boxes? I mean making literally no content is expensive ya know?
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    \
    metagame wrote: »
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    or Tera NA will die much sooner then it would have otherwise.
    -the millionth person to claim this

    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/212740,323370#3m

    This chart pretty much says it all. Notice how EU population is rising while NA is dropping like a rock since the DMCA?
  • P2W wrote: »
    \
    metagame wrote: »
    Starkhoe wrote: »
    or Tera NA will die much sooner then it would have otherwise.
    -the millionth person to claim this

    https://steamcharts.com/cmp/212740,323370#3m

    This chart pretty much says it all. Notice how EU population is rising while NA is dropping like a rock since the DMCA?

    Going to beat everyone to it and reiterate that the Steam charts are not a good reflection of Tera's overall population. Many, many people play via the launcher directly, which Steam wouldn't track. Same with the Moongourd daily upload stats, as the majority of the population (read as: "casuals") wouldn't be running a meter in the first place.

    That being said, I don't personally think it's unreasonable to draw parallels between the drops on Steam and drops as a whole. It would be foolish to think that it's only the Steam population that dropped by a third and believe that the entire non-Steam population didn't change.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TsukasaKun
    Do you know about SAMPLES? That's what steam population is. It shows us what % of people are leaving but not the exact number.
    You know when let's say universities do research and have to ask the population about their habits etc. They take a sample size of let's say 10K and use that as a reference for their whole country.
    Steam is a great sample, when will people stop saying it's not accurate ughggh
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    a dip in population =/= a game's death
  • metagame wrote: »
    Well, almost all your post has been picking on tiny fractions of other people's arguments and comments, I have so far yet to see your own stand or post, much less a single understanding in the issues that players have encountered over the years.

    Continue kissing the white knights's butt yea. I heard barking dogs don't bite.
    i'm not on either side, because i think both sides made stupid mistakes.

    but enough strawmanning. want my thoughts on the topic? they're right here. don't bother replying to this post, or even to this thread until you acknowledge them.

    What you are writing in your post, is merely facts. Let me quote you a simple argumentative rule: Facts does not mean points. Points are concise statements of your position, facts support that position for coherence.

    Before you start posting, I suggest taking some English classes to get your debating skills right? Since you can't even differentiate facts from arguments.

    As I said, none of your posts contain a sliver of understanding on either side, neither did you bring to light a single inkling of useful facts that helps illuminate the issue of mEME and the playerbase. All you are doing is parroting facts that other people have already known, and trying to make it sound like you are making a point. Do not reply to this post, until you have read up on exposition and at least, have a level of coherence in your argument, instead of regurgitating facts and expecting people to infer points from those alone, which does not work period.
  • Ahhhhh!!!! My foot has a bug on it!

    *Grabs bazooka*

    *Shoots foot*

    PROBUREM FIXED LUL




  • I think my last post was wrong. Maybe it is time to get some fresh air into this game and let some old go. Why, just look at any thread and try to find one that isn’t in instant turned into personal attacks, toxicity in one form or another, entitlement and so on. So if we can get rid of that, I’m all in.
    Also on subject of saying I’ll take my money to EU … well Tera is still BHS’s game and EME is still part of BHS, so :)

    Don’t get me wrong I’m in no form saying EME is great, far from it, they seriously need to step up their game, as Tera is on fast lane downhill for at least last 2 years., but not just EME, BHS too.

    Honestly, its been on the fast track downhill post FOA 1.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi TERA Players,


    Right now, we are working with Bluehole to determine what we can implement alongside our current roadmap. We want to share with you more than a "yes, we'll do XYZ", but a "yes, we'll do XYZ, here is when".


    The TERA PC Team

    @KitTeaCup

    So, where is this "when"?

    At this point, it's very crucial to give a time frame. Otherwise, the whole statement was just saying: "We might do some stuff in the future."

    If you are the player and seeing this kind of statement from the game publisher, what would you think?

    How do I convince my friends to come back to TERA with this???

    It's not that hard, just put yourself in our shoes and think a little bit...are you even convinced by your own statement?

    It's always been like this. Ever since 2014, its always a "we'll do it later" but later never happens anyway.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    simple argumentative rule:
    strawman is not argument
  • metagame wrote: »
    simple argumentative rule:
    strawman is not argument

    So is cherry picking, argumentum ad infinitum, brick walling on facts as arguments.

    Btw, no one else but you is strawmanning here.
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭✭
    Population.
    Just go HW EU, then go HW NA.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Continue kissing the white knights's butt yea. I heard barking dogs don't bite.
    No one likes a smart-aleck, especially for one who does so little thought in your own comments.
    In all seriousness, you have did nothing but troll posting. Either you come up with some useful points or solid arguments, or leave. The real players don't need you to talk for them.
    these are just from a few of your most recent posts, and there are plenty more.
  • metagame wrote: »
    Continue kissing the white knights's butt yea. I heard barking dogs don't bite.
    No one likes a smart-aleck, especially for one who does so little thought in your own comments.
    In all seriousness, you have did nothing but troll posting. Either you come up with some useful points or solid arguments, or leave. The real players don't need you to talk for them.
    these are just from a few of your most recent posts, and there are plenty more.

    Another cherry picking comment. You pick specific parts of comments, trying to make yourself look like you are attacking that tiny fraction of a stand, when you did not bother reading the entire argument. At this point all you are doing is trying to wear people down by constantly arguing with your fallacious methods repeatedly aka argumentum ad infinitum, to the point which no one will bother reasoning with you. Honestly if you have reached that point you are beyond reasoning and lost your plot.
Sign In or Register to comment.