The new UI messed up skill slots!

I don't really like using the setup that is common for MOBAs, so I've grown used to use all of the numbers and F keys for over a decade by now. I also relied heavily on C skills as an escape mechanic, especially on Valkyrie, Brawler, Lancer and Berserker. With the introduction of the new UI, however, the slot that should work as "C" (the third slot next to the mouse) is gone. I know that you can change the hotkeys, which I did... but there isn't much one can do when one of the slots is gone from the skillbar itself. This is going to have a negative impact on my rotations and give me a hard time in general. The old UI had 27 skill slots while the new one only has 26. I also don't get the point of moving the "Mouse Clicks" and "C" skill to the centre? Why, though?

Comments

• you can change the keys to whatever you want in the shortcut settings lmao
    i'm surprised this is stumping so many people
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    feminzii wrote: »
    you can change the keys to whatever you want in the shortcut settings lmao

I'm not talking about the change in keys, I'm talking about the removal one of the major skill slots. "The old UI had 27 skill slots, but the new one only has 26".
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Old layout:
    i3FAPLu.jpg

New layout:
    g0eklUz.jpg

Please read before taking the thread into different direction.
  • Maulclaw wrote: »

You don't say. I'm afraid this thread just went all woooosh on you since you've completely missed the point. I'm not talking about the change in keys, I'm talking about the removal one of the major skill slots lmao. "The old UI had 27 skill slots, but the new one only has 26".
    Maulclaw wrote: »
    I also relied heavily on C skills as an escape mechanic, especially on Brawler, Lancer and Berserker. With the introduction of the new UI, however, the slot that should work as "C" (the third slot next to the mouse) is gone. This is going to have a negative impact on my rotations and give me a hard time in general.

? ? ?

Why is it going to give you a hard time if you can just change it back and apparently you already know that you can ?

You complained about several things. The ability to change your hotkeys addresses one of your complaints. Not sure why someone telling you that would offend you, when they're just trying to help you.
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

You complained about several things. The ability to change your hotkeys addresses one of your complaints. Not sure why someone telling you that would offend you, when they're just trying to help you.

I think it's hardly any help when someone throws "lmao" left and right and deliberately takes the thread itself as a joke. You also seemed to have missed the point. It's not about changing the hotkeys, it's about one of the slots being removed, therefore impacting the characters' rotations.
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

You don't say. I'm afraid this thread just went all woooosh on you since you've completely missed the point. I'm not talking about the change in keys, I'm talking about the removal one of the major skill slots lmao. "The old UI had 27 skill slots, but the new one only has 26".
    I also relied heavily on C skills as an escape mechanic, especially on Brawler, Lancer and Berserker. With the introduction of the new UI, however, the slot that should work as "C" (the third slot next to the mouse) is gone. This is going to have a negative impact on my rotations and give me a hard time in general.

? ? ?

Why is it going to give you a hard time if you can just change it back and apparently you already know that you can ?

Because the slot has been removed? Some of the classes nearly fill up the entire skillbar, especially when one adds potions and other important items for fights. How is that so hard to understand?

? ? ?

Because the slot has been removed? Some of the classes nearly fill up the entire skillbar, especially when one adds potions and other important items for fights. How is that so hard to understand?

The point I was getting across was that you do not need to "struggle" by learning a new iframe/escape key when you could just rebind something else to C and take the hit from the lost hotkey somewhere else where it won't affect you as much, like a consumable or a mount, or a pet, or whatever.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with @Maulclaw . I play on a pad, so now I have to try and figure out where to put my basic evasion skill (I always have it in the same spot regardless of class/character) so that I can do so comfortably.

Also, as was already said, there's one less skill spot now. That's not as insignificant as you may think it is.
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

? ? ?

The point I was getting across was that you do not need to "struggle" by learning a new iframe/escape key when you could just rebind something else to C and take the hit from the lost hotkey somewhere else where it won't affect you as much, like a consumable or a mount, or a pet, or whatever.

It's not like I have much of a choice. I just hope that those smaller and additional skillbars that you can add next to the main one will be of any help. I've never used them before, though. Can one attach numbers / letters to those or are they like most MMOs out there (SWTOR comes to mind) where it's needed to click it with a mouse?
    Can one attach numbers / letters to those or are they like most MMOs out there (SWTOR comes to mind) where it's needed to click it with a mouse?

You can assign hotkeys to those extra slots, thankfully.
  • There's one less spot and that sucks, but I don't know why that would affect anyone's rotations or force an adjustment period on anyone. No class can fill the bar up 100% with skills and consumables alone unless you've got like every kind of bamarama food item hotkeyed or something like that.
  • > @Maulclaw said:

> It's not like I have much of a choice. I just hope that those smaller and additional skillbars that you can add next to the main one will be of any help. I've never used them before, though. Can one attach numbers / letters to those or are they like most MMOs out there (SWTOR comes to mind) where it's needed to click it with a mouse?

This is what i would like to know too.
  • MaulclawMaulclaw ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I'm with @Maulclaw . I play on a pad, so now I have to try and figure out where to put my basic evasion skill (I always have it in the same spot regardless of class/character) so that I can do so comfortably.

Also, as was already said, there's one less skill spot now. That's not as insignificant as you may think it is.

I've never explored the game with a pad or with a console's controller, but I can imagine the struggle.
    Can one attach numbers / letters to those or are they like most MMOs out there (SWTOR comes to mind) where it's needed to click it with a mouse?

You can assign hotkeys to those extra slots, thankfully.

Oh, that's quite the relief.

Edit: Tested it out.

unknown.png

It'll have to do.