My "main 3" skillbox!!

A little bothered by this since I'm a controller player - so i guess my right trigger on my controller is a little useless now since "Main 3" no longer exist. And now some random skill is assigned to the spot??? Not sure how to go about changing this. Halp. Is it possible to create a new "Main 3" skillbund spot and link it to the right trigger again?

Comments

• you can change whatever you want in the shortcut settings lol
  • Had to edit that - meant the main 3 for controller. Cant seem to get that sorted out.
  • I guess my question is "is there a new way to create a main 3 for controller without taking one of the other 26 spots and changing it to main 3" but i guess not. Right?
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    feminzii wrote: »
    you can change whatever you want in the shortcut settings lol

That's not really the issue. Anyone who's been playing video games the past [console] generation knows they can rebind their buttons. The problem is that there's now one less button to be able to bind.

For pad players like the OP and myself, that's a problem.
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »
    you can change whatever you want in the shortcut settings lol

That's not really the issue. Anyone who's been playing video games the past [console] generation knows they can rebind their buttons. The problem is that there's now one less button to be able to bind.

For pad players like the OP and myself, that's a problem.

Before the thread was edited, it was the issue, or at least it's what it sounded like it was
  • Unfortunately, it certainly appears that way. My husband and I also use a controller, and Main 3 is indeed missing. It just doesn't exist anymore. >.<

We did try extra skill slots; the new ones that open near the main tray are labeled as Left and Right on the keyboard under the Shortcuts portion of the Options Menu, but while we can assign those to other keys, opening the controller menu, we have a Main 3 that doesn't really do anything unless you've already had something mapped there from before the revamp and cannot be reassigned.

This renders our default R2 trigger useless from this point forward, in the event we lose our skills or make a new Alt. We really do need it fixed. ^_^;
  • Yeah can't seem to bind the skill to my trigger button :c Hope they look into this and provide a fix
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed we lost one button. BUT, do you even use those LB+RB+DPADLEFT type commands? I mean, who assigns an actual skill to such a finger crunching combo? I just tossed my left trigger to one of those and I feel no difference in my gaming at all.
  • I have all of them full since I use the dpad ones for emotes :c and it'd be a hassle to press the dpad, move, and aim on my archer since I had the right trigger for PA. It's like losing the spacebar for jump, sure we can rebind it. But it's easier to use what we've been using and would like it back
  • I will post a pic of how I worked around it, I hope it clears things up for u.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Rida wrote: »
    I have all of them full since I use the dpad ones for emotes :c and it'd be a hassle to press the dpad, move, and aim on my archer since I had the right trigger for PA. It's like losing the spacebar for jump, sure we can rebind it. But it's easier to use what we've been using and would like it back

I have assigned stuff that is not critical to the extra shortcut bar. The one they just sliced in two. Then, I assigned numpad keys to that shortcut bar. I use a controller, but I always have my KB+M nearby and ready. So if I want to use the yellow buff pot, I press numpad 0. Same for spawning and feeding a pet (numpad 1 and 2). That way I keep my skill bar with only skills, and I have a few free spaces. Namely those that require combinations of bumper button + d pad...
  • ok so i use a controller too, and i was like the OP, wondering where my main 3 is at, well seems it is on your 2nd skill bar set to F1. just click the up arrow on the left side on top of the number 1. :3
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    KiraKiryu wrote: »
    ok so i use a controller too, and i was like the OP, wondering where my main 3 is at, well seems it is on your 2nd skill bar set to F1. just click the up arrow on the left side on top of the number 1. :3

The skill does not disappear. But can you add anything to your main 3 button now? I can't, so I had to bind my trigger to another skill slot.
  • it worked for me, i can put any skill there and it appears on the controllers main 3
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Huh. Lemme try this. I'll report my findings.

Negatory: That didn't work, not unless I'm actively using that tray, and it didn't auto-map as Main 3.

So, you know, this is gonna suck something awful...

Observation: I ran some more tests. It's cycling through my upper skills.