Please can we have the old UI back

i had no extra spaces to speak of before maintenance, and now I seem to be missing spaces to put skills. My UI is messed up, skills unbound. If people didnt need the extra bar, they could hide it. I need it. What happened to my bar??? https://gyazo.com/4123e392b027826a04b4c764531ccd9d

Comments

• Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    You can still have the extra bar, just press the small "+" button you see at the bottom of both ends of the default keybind bars.
    I myself personally hate that they took out the 'c' and 'tab' keys; its an extreme inconvenience.
  • I've been using the new UI on EU and there needs to be better customization. This week EU patched in some improvements allowing to move items that you couldn't previously. Simple controls such as being able to extend the extra hotkey bar to a full row would be appreciated. Loss of the C key is manageable with a PC but not so for controller users.
  • edited October 2018
    Ya. Controller user here. No 'main 3' is gonna mess me up. Is there a way to recreate the 'main 3' skill bind to have it connected with my right trigger?
  • Anyone else got some big FPS drops with this new UI?
    I was running 80 fps more or less all the time with max preset and all, now its maybe half of that.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    Should improve fps apparently, sooo...
  • edited October 2018
    The new UI is garbage. Intolerable. Seriously.

Was easy before to use skills both normal and function keys with no trouble. NOW if you have scores of characters you have to adjust them ALL and the skills are crowded both on the keyboard and on the screen. It's awful.

The hotkey bar NEEDS to be a FULL ROW and that's MANDATORY. The top function keys should be at LEAST 8 skills.
    Anything short of that is game breaking bad -- especially for a fast game that benefits from tight precise keying, and if you pvp and use a host of skills.

And we do NOT need to have skills near the directional keys. Again, it just muddles things up on a fast game.

Did they even consider those of us that have 20 toons? So now we have to go toon by toon and rethink and RELEARN EVERYTHING.

It WASN'T broken. It needed NO fixing.
  • Anyone else got some big FPS drops with this new UI?
    I was running 80 fps more or less all the time with max preset and all, now its maybe half of that.
    I'm seeing far less client FPS lag (this is with everything max like before). I just ran several Guardian Legion flight missions where I normally got these really annoying client FPS drops especially when there are a lot of others doing them (one of them, I joined late and started from around twenty something which normally caused me those 0 FPS "freezes"with the old UI). It was surprisingly smooth (so I'm a happy camper there).

With that said though, I'm not too fond of some of the decisions made with the UI design including the much smaller elements (increasing the UI scaling helps only a bit because some elements get too large compared to the ones that you want to increase on their own) which for folks like me who already have bad eyesight, is just going to cause more eyestrain. Also don't like that the extra shortcuts cannot be set to vertical (what I used before since I had them to the left side of the screen). The quest log can also be less legible depending on what is in the background.

• With that said though, I'm not too fond of some of the decisions made with the UI design including the much smaller elements (increasing the UI scaling helps only a bit because some elements get too large compared to the ones that you want to increase on their own) which for folks like me who already have bad eyesight, is just going to cause more eyestrain. Also don't like that the extra shortcuts cannot be set to vertical (what I used before since I had them to the left side of the screen). The quest log can also be less legible depending on what is in the background.

You can increase or decrease the size of most of the stuff individually. that's right under the ui scaling option.
  • NahevNahev ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Anyone else got some big FPS drops with this new UI?

With the new UI I have lots more FPS...may be depend on your video card.
  • feminzii wrote: »

With that said though, I'm not too fond of some of the decisions made with the UI design including the much smaller elements (increasing the UI scaling helps only a bit because some elements get too large compared to the ones that you want to increase on their own) which for folks like me who already have bad eyesight, is just going to cause more eyestrain. Also don't like that the extra shortcuts cannot be set to vertical (what I used before since I had them to the left side of the screen). The quest log can also be less legible depending on what is in the background.

You can increase or decrease the size of most of the stuff individually. that's right under the ui scaling option.
    See what I mean by my already having bad eyesight; I probably never saw that in the old options before either xD

And that made a world of difference for my eyes as far as the stuff I needed to adjust. Thanks much!
  • feminzii wrote: »

See what I mean by my already having bad eyesight; I probably never saw that in the old options before either xD

And that made a world of difference for my eyes as far as the stuff I needed to adjust. Thanks much!

No problem, and my eyesight is completely fine and it took me a while before I realized that was a thing :p
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    No one listened when i talked about the new ui .. now this ?
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    No one listened when i talked about the new ui .. now this ?

its the usual spam form people whose news go completly above their heads... This UI has been out in Ktera for ages.. has been in EU already, there's people talking about it everywhere and we will be getting a lot more of these topics here because people cant seem to read or research... smh
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    Well, it's confusing at first, the layout could've been planned better indeed, it's not very intuitive. Other than that, it feels more responsive than the old one, the one thing I really don't like is the new look of the HP/MP bars, its size is not very confortable, other than than I actually have better fps now, but as always, Tera's performance is very inconsistent even across machines with similar or identhical setups.
  • plz old UI back