Stormcry glow and laurels messed up again

What happened to the glow from stormcry weapons? Also before the updated achievement list I was 1230 points from champion then I was 680 points from diamond after it was fixed and set right, now today I'm 2273 from diamond again. I don't want to rant I just want some info please.

Comments

• well if uve seen EU u should know they removed the wings from sc on apex 2 so its not messed up..and regarding ur laurel new dungeons = new achievements..and new achievements=more points in total.. more points in total = u need higher points to reach a certain laurel...
  • Stormcry is the new frosmetal and HO is new stormcry then guardian gear is now god level exa omega weak hope be removed
  • It glows differently now to reflect that it is no longer BiS gear. (Although it seems like even HO doesn't have wings anymore, but a red shine instead)
    The achievements is the result of dungeons being added/removed.
  • No the points that count for the laurels were the same still for me, and the points needed was changed to 680 until diamond again. Now its 2270 it was already changed if the dungeons not being added yet was the reason then why did it show 680 to diamond not 1200 to champ still. I did all achievements but dungeons and im on 134 of 276 and im 2280 from diamond .
  • HitokiriXD wrote: »
    No the points that count for the laurels were the same still for me, and the points needed was changed to 680 until diamond again. Now its 2270 it was already changed if the dungeons not being added yet was the reason then why did it show 680 to diamond not 1200 to champ still. I did all achievements but dungeons and im on 134 of 276 and im 2280 from diamond .

This was changed deliberately in today's patch (after changing a few weeks ago). They posted the new thresholds here:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29350/new-achievement-season-is-live-update-october-16-season-9-has-begun/p1
  • Achievements in Tera
    I would like to address how I now feel about the issue of "trying" to obtain a Laurel Achievement in the Game Of Tera....
    I once worked very hard and learned all about the achievement process and how to gt he the Laurels. I "Had" My Gold Laurel. I was so proud of obtaining it after a bit over a year of playing Tera.
    I made so many mistakes along the way in this year of play, Nut I am an old time MMO player... played Everquest since The second expansion of that Game... so yes I just dated myself. and I am fine with that... I have earned those years of play. Many of the people in my guild were not even born when I started playing MMO's online.
    Back to facts.
    1. Tera Has set achievements... in Everquest, I would say these achievements would be like our battle scars of play.... we have earned that laurel. It is supposed to mean something... well at least i thought it was. But I find out that the people who run and care for the game think otherwise... They don't sweat over threm to find where a boss is or the fact that we spend hours going back and forth killing the same giants up and down a valley or hillside....
    Nope, they can let you buy the house, you you have moved in and bragged to all your neighbors of your turmoils in getting enough credits to buy the house.... the banker (tera), says... oh we are making you move back to your apartment... try harder again and we can sell you the house again... Oh, and by the way, We are not giving you any more opportunities to get those credits back... or making any more.
    2. All Tera "should" have done is expand the achievement program.... make more and create a higher status laurel.... Keep the dream going....
    3. I can see the day that the Tera Folks will now say.... oh we gave you and epic type weapon system ( Awakened Skills, Apex, Whatever you call it) but now we are going to take it away from you...
    4. I was sooo looking forward to Tera being my next gen MMO to play for [filtered] long as I did Everquest... But, With the stupidity of major.... and i do mean "major" Faux Pas's that you have made just within the past 2 months.... wow.
    a. you merged 2 servers into 1 (without testing or a back out plan to get it back and tell your community that not all was going to be right so we put it back and will do it right).
    b. You didn't make sure the pipe was going to be big enough to support the mass use that it made on your systems.
    c. You never considered the strain that a combined community would put on some of the quests or achievements. Which now can not even be tried due to being over farmed.
    d. I can foresee a market just for the people to sit and farm those things and get paid for it (in real money)... Just as it was for some in Everquest... they created a market for quested items that were over-used/needed. Good luck policing that situation. I speak of this from my experiences of questing for my gold/diamond laurel that was removed from me by tera redoing the achievements. There is one to conquer the world bosses that actually sever no other purpose but you have put so much mats and loot on them that a person trying to hunt them down can easily watch the boss get killed within 3 minutes of the servers coming back on line after maintenance... This has actually happened to me for the past server maint. days since the merger... and has not let up... one of the WB's has such a rare spawn time, it is only time you can actually see him.
    e. Is the laurel process worth it? I used to think so... but I am getting jaded to any quest that tera has... will you be taking away my black leopard that took 4 months questing for?... You may be all laughing... tera people or even the readers... but keep in mind... tera did just take away my gold laurel that was "FIRMLY" set.... i was actually close to Diamond....
    But one day you will be saying same thing... omg they took away my house... everything I worked for... they took it.
    Signed Bomana
    Believer in the Unjust
    And I use to believe in the good
  • thought I should post this here since there was a question about weapon glow

b05fca9c42e901c001121f7f31baf912.png
  • Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    thought I should post this here since there was a question about weapon glow

b05fca9c42e901c001121f7f31baf912.png

This confirm guardian gear rip
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    aeyrebaby wrote: »
    It glows differently now to reflect that it is no longer BiS gear. (Although it seems like even HO doesn't have wings anymore, but a red shine instead).
    Yep, SC is no longer BIS but guess what? Enchanting cost of SC gear remain exactly the same as before!
    Now it's VERY clear why i said that the old +15 system was in fact better than this new gearing bs!

On VM9 patch when DW +15 was the new BIS, VM8 gear was made easier to enchant and even Misery+12 was enough to clear everything.
    That's the great thing about the old system that we gonna miss a lot: Enchanting cost/grinding time was CONSTANT every patch!

I logged here to see that the new dungeon Grotto of Lost Souls (Hard) is 455 iLVL (!) which i can't run even on my SC+7/8/8/5 warrior and it's just a 4 star dungeon lol!
    If they wanna make SC gear mid-tier they should heavily nerf the enchanting cost to be achievable even to casuals now.
    And i was right all this time when i said that Frost Metal is just garbage tier, in fact with just 439 iLVL we can't run any content from this patch, even a fkn 2 start dungeon (Dark Citadel) is 446 iLVL hahaha wtf!

They're making gear obsolete JUST as fast as before but now it's WAY harder and more expensive to gear.
    Edit: They wanna add HO+9, prob by mid-2019 we gonna spend 1 year gearing just to clear mid-tier content hahaha WTF BHS!
  • DFMHJ6CAJE wrote: »
    snip

None of these hypotheticals or comparisons you're giving here really apply to this situation because we were told from the very day the achievement laurels came out that they would be recalculated after every major patch. This is not something they just randomly decided to do to screw you over. After that, it's up to the player to decide whether or not they want to pursue one. It used to be miles harder to get those world boss achievements than it is now, so I would rejoice if anything. I don't think it was ever intended for players to be walking around left and right with diamond and champion laurels, it became so meaningless.
  • feminzii wrote: »
    DFMHJ6CAJE wrote: »
    snip

None of these hypotheticals or comparisons you're giving here really apply to this situation because we were told from the very day the achievement laurels came out that they would be recalculated after every major patch. This is not something they just randomly decided to do to screw you over. After that, it's up to the player to decide whether or not they want to pursue one. It used to be miles harder to get those world boss achievements than it is now, so I would rejoice if anything. I don't think it was ever intended for players to be walking around left and right with diamond and champion laurels, it became so meaningless.

My sincerest apologizes for being a noob and not a veteran as yourself. I guess my expectations of an enjoyable game platform is one of stability. Agreed that things need to change and grow, otherwise it becomes stagnate. I should have stated the fact that I have only been playing Tera for 1 year.... so yes, I am new to this game and have enjoyed it for the most part from the very beginning. I do realize that you have probably been playing this game much longer than I have. So please understand my noobness when I tell you that I had no idea about any reset of achievements. Had I known about that, I would have not even gone thru many of them. Just as I am now having second thoughts about even trying to get to endgame gear.... Please enlighten a noob with your wisdom that it would be worth my time and energy to do so? From my understanding and reading of some old posts, The Stormcry gear replaced something before that and was supposed to be better... and then the HO gear came out and now there may even be something else.... So, please tell me with all your knowledge and wisdom, Why?

Bomana
    Level 105 Rogue
    Level 65 Valk
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    snip

It doesn't have anything to do with you being a noob or me being a veteran. It says right on the achievement window "Laurels reflect your recent achievements. The scoring system adjusts each season." Dungeons go in and out so the achievements need to reflect that.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dvsv wrote: »
    aeyrebaby wrote: »
    It glows differently now to reflect that it is no longer BiS gear. (Although it seems like even HO doesn't have wings anymore, but a red shine instead).
    Yep, SC is no longer BIS but guess what? Enchanting cost of SC gear remain exactly the same as before!
    Now it's VERY clear why i said that the old +15 system was in fact better than this new gearing bs!

On VM9 patch when DW +15 was the new BIS, VM8 gear was made easier to enchant and even Misery+12 was enough to clear everything.
    That's the great thing about the old system that we gonna miss a lot: Enchanting cost/grinding time was CONSTANT every patch!

I logged here to see that the new dungeon Grotto of Lost Souls (Hard) is 455 iLVL (!) which i can't run even on my SC+7/8/8/5 warrior and it's just a 4 star dungeon lol!
    If they wanna make SC gear mid-tier they should heavily nerf the enchanting cost to be achievable even to casuals now.
    And i was right all this time when i said that Frost Metal is just garbage tier, in fact with just 439 iLVL we can't run any content from this patch, even a fkn 2 start dungeon (Dark Citadel) is 446 iLVL hahaha wtf!

They're making gear obsolete JUST as fast as before but now it's WAY harder and more expensive to gear.
    Edit: They wanna add HO+9, prob by mid-2019 we gonna spend 1 year gearing just to clear mid-tier content hahaha WTF BHS!

Agreed..
    They nerf SC gear to mid tear, but the enchanting cost is still same like previous patch.

And material for upgrading HO gear is only can be acquired from GOLSHM (Springi draco limb, and Weight pendulum),
    They forcing us to stuck hard SC for a mid tear gear, and make grinding in this game for nothing..

I think gear progressing like this system has too many contradiction in the future,
    specialy how to adjust the balance progress of gear progressing.

It sucks..
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »

This confirm guardian gear rip

Even after that change, you still get given guardian gear at the start and need to upgrade through it

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    feminzii wrote: »
    snip

To be fair, TERA is the only game I've seen with an achievement system that actually nullifies previous point totals whenever new content dropped. This extended all the way back to the FoA expansion.

"That part of the game no longer exists? Welp, looks like your cheevos no longer count! Get f**ked, scrub! :D"