Rest in Peace Kyra

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    feminzii wrote: »
    I personally won't miss her. She completely devastated the economy around costumes.

Hang on... so the economy is "devastated" if there's ever a time where people can gain a cash shop item either for free (that is, through in-game means) or in mass quantities?

Holy crap, it finally makes sense. I guess it's a good thing I never used the events to try and make a quick buck (I only ever sold stuff if I literally had no other use for it); I'd have been driven insane back when Spacecats was still here (assuming things like last year's beach and Christmas events were his doing).
  • That’s mean people awakening their chars today, then leave and back in December
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    That’s mean people awakening their chars today, then leave and back in December

or never back :3
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I personally won't miss her. She completely devastated the economy around costumes.
    Hang on... so the economy is "devastated" if there's ever a time where people can gain a cash shop item either for free (that is, through in-game means) or in mass quantities?

No idea where you got that from. I specifically mentioned the economy in regards to costumes and not even all the costumes in Kyra were available from the cash shop, in fact most of them were not.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »

No idea where you got that from. I specifically mentioned the economy in regards to costumes and not even all the costumes in Kyra were available from the cash shop, in fact most of them were not.

It's pretty simple where I got it from, actually.

Events like Kyra's Potion Shop or last year's Blood on the Beach? Market crash. Christmas event with the silk dresses and bomber jackets? Market crash. Dungeon jackpots? Market crash. Mongos? Market crash. At this point, logging into the game could be considered crashing the market, because gods forbid people want to earn their own things and not pay another player else for the privilege.

Evidence of such can be found on these very forums. I'd post them myself, but I'm legitimately lacking in time to do so. The only time I can recall someone not saying an event "ruined the economy" was this year's summer event, and that was only because there were very few people doing said event.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    While i did like what i got from Kyra's, i don't necessarily miss Kyra's
  • I was hooping for it to come back :'(
  • ryukomatoi wrote: »
    I was hooping for it to come back :'(

It is back you just have to pay 20$ per play now. The halloween hyperbox contains the exact prizes that used to be in kyra's. Used to be able play Tera for an hour collect 5 catalyst and play Kyra's for one of the hyperbox items. But instead of wanting people to play they rather siphon money from any people who haven't already been pushed away by their greed.
  • as long as people keep swiping for everything new that comes out, they will continue to keep selling stuff.
  • edited October 2018
    MaiAura wrote: »
    ryukomatoi wrote: »
    I was hooping for it to come back :'(

It is back you just have to pay 20$ per play now. The halloween hyperbox contains the exact prizes that used to be in kyra's. Used to be able play Tera for an hour collect 5 catalyst and play Kyra's for one of the hyperbox items. But instead of wanting people to play they rather siphon money from any people who haven't already been pushed away by their greed.

Just to be a bit more precise... if all the accessories were in there too, plus a lot of other filler prizes, then maybe. Like any of the old-style lootboxes, most of the time Kyra's gave you "crap" but occasionally you could get something nice, and you could earn in game. I agree that they should bring back Kyra's so there's a way to earn in-game too. But the hyperbox isn't the same at all as what the 5 catalysts would have gotten you most of the time -- it's only the same as what you could have gotten if you won.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    I agree that they should bring back Kyra's so there's a way to earn in-game too.

That would mean that they need to give up their 'Featured Items' window for Kyra again, since that has taken over her old playground. I just find such a move exceedingly unlikely.

They'd probably have to use those slot machine items or straight up loot boxes to get the same effect. Which, given how there were people with repeated issues with getting the shop to display in-game, might actually work better. On the other hand side, such a move would likely lead to more confusion, if there were multiple items you'd need to pick from. Or, potentially even worse, if they were to do something more complex like Gameforge's letter event, which has a few pages worth of extra items as well as multiple reward pools to confuse people about what they'd need to use to get what they want.

Please don't take this as me being against them having something like Kyra's for earning rewards in-game, I just think that we'd likely have to look beyond the old setup for it, since they have re-purposed systems. A clean break with a completely new setup might well be good, to remove some of the built in expectations. We just seem to get extra salty when they bring back events that then don't live up to the memories of them, be it due to distorted memories or them needing to make changes to be comfortable with the amount of rewards.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    What I liked about kyra was that it made me rich af. It was a good way to make money and destroy the economy.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Destroy the economy...since 2016...

That's why they should nerf everything that is farmable ingame, every costume, make golden talent at 500G each, till there's only 10 ppl playing the game and nobody to "destroy the economy".

This game is WAY WAY worse than VM6/Mongos days and you guys still here bothering with "economy bs", with almost nobody to play with...

Plz, this is just a videogame, play it for fun..
    Bother with your "real life economy".
  • At least the should’ve keeping the event with fashion coupon suits and adornments as prizes.

A lot of people want fashion coupon items cause every coupon drop ratio was nerfed. And now are more harder to get.

• Ellexem wrote: »
    I agree that they should bring back Kyra's so there's a way to earn in-game too.

That would mean that they need to give up their 'Featured Items' window for Kyra again, since that has taken over her old playground. I just find such a move exceedingly unlikely.

Well, they could just add a link inside the Featured Items window that goes to the Kyra page (they're both just web pages on the store). I don't think that would be what stops them, anyway.

This discussion has been closed.