[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

So am i just not allowed to run or learn content?

Comments

• CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    Digivolve wrote: »
    feminzii wrote: »
    Dying more than 2 times to same exact thing just shows incapability of learning

that's completely bull [filtered]

Yes, of course. In a region that is last to get content, video and doc guides to hold your hand before you even go in, repetitive floor warming is proof that one can't be bothered, don't have any self-respect to take 5 to 10 minutes of their time to look up a dungeon before they go in, to make it easier on everyone.

Of course practical experience is different than theoretical. Even so, in 439 dungeons where bosses move in slow motion, extremely predictable and repetitive patterns.... or wait - it actually occurred to me that there are players who do not realize bosses work through scripted rotations and don't just do whatever they want. That's like the basics of MMO gameplay. Every lethal attack/mechanic has a giant wind-up before it, and if you're telling me that failing to even see it coming, much less dodge it, repeatedly, is normal.... *that's completely bull [filtered]*

I totally agree, many players are lazy to learn. Their are dungeon guides for a reason if their won't any this would be a different story but many players don't want to take advantage of whats available to them.

And this attitude toward mistakes is why I am so reluctant to try harder stuff. Because I die. A LOT. Before I learn. Average deaths to lachelith? I lost count. Still can't see the cues for AANM's last boss to know which way to iframe the spin. I know the mech, I care. Believe me I care. I watch vids. I study. I read guides. And 6 months ago it was RKNM doing this to me.

But now I can fight lachelith. And RK9. And I can do HH with only the occasional fail. I want to try more--but I hate feeling like I'm ruining everyone's day by being in the party. And I hate that people think I am ruining said day because I don't care, am lazy and otherwise not trying.

It's almost like some people are so inherently skilled, they literally cannot imagine that people exist at lower ability levels. They assume that their reflexes and game ability are average, when in fact they may be way above average.

It may take me 30 runs of a new (to me) mech before I get it. I may know exactly what to do, and be unable to make it happen for 28 more runs.

But it isn't because I don't care.

(But that also doesn't mean anyone is obligated to run with me.)
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Western culture ie. it's your culture. learn to live with it i guess .. unless you find a good guild ?
  • sheysheysheybaesheysheysheybae ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I think it's also worth noting that the dungeons today are a lot more "mechanic heavy" than the ones in the past used to be.

That doesn't exactly mean they're harder; because the dungeons in the past were nice and difficult without being too heavy on mechanics. Like, ABHM and SCHM were harder than what's out there today, but not because of mechanics. I didn't need any guide to figure those out.

What it does mean is that it's a little tricker to learn these new dungeons the first time going in. That, on top of the fact that these players are still trying to learn how to play their class, too. I just feel like it's really dismissive to go and say "Oh, I never died more than twice to anything in a 439 so no one else should" as someone who went in for the first time probably way overgeared for it and after already having played the game for years to know the patterns of a lot of these bosses which are reskins of things you've experienced before.

I think elitism is completely fine in LFG, if you want to do your runs quickly and get them over with, that's totally understandable. But I feel like anyone trying to instance match a dungeon should be prepared to have at least a LITTLE bit of patience. IMS should be the safe haven for people to learn.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    Melyodis wrote: »

Yes, of course. In a region that is last to get content, video and doc guides to hold your hand before you even go in, repetitive floor warming is proof that one can't be bothered, don't have any self-respect to take 5 to 10 minutes of their time to look up a dungeon before they go in, to make it easier on everyone.

Of course practical experience is different than theoretical. Even so, in 439 dungeons where bosses move in slow motion, extremely predictable and repetitive patterns.... or wait - it actually occurred to me that there are players who do not realize bosses work through scripted rotations and don't just do whatever they want. That's like the basics of MMO gameplay. Every lethal attack/mechanic has a giant wind-up before it, and if you're telling me that failing to even see it coming, much less dodge it, repeatedly, is normal.... *that's completely bull [filtered]*

I totally agree, many players are lazy to learn. Their are dungeon guides for a reason if their won't any this would be a different story but many players don't want to take advantage of whats available to them.

And this attitude toward mistakes is why I am so reluctant to try harder stuff. Because I die. A LOT. Before I learn. Average deaths to lachelith? I lost count. Still can't see the cues for AANM's last boss to know which way to iframe the spin. I know the mech, I care. Believe me I care. I watch vids. I study. I read guides. And 6 months ago it was RKNM doing this to me.

But now I can fight lachelith. And RK9. And I can do HH with only the occasional fail. I want to try more--but I hate feeling like I'm ruining everyone's day by being in the party. And I hate that people think I am ruining said day because I don't care, am lazy and otherwise not trying.

It's almost like some people are so inherently skilled, they literally cannot imagine that people exist at lower ability levels. They assume that their reflexes and game ability are average, when in fact they may be way above average.

It may take me 30 runs of a new (to me) mech before I get it. I may know exactly what to do, and be unable to make it happen for 28 more runs.

But it isn't because I don't care.

(But that also doesn't mean anyone is obligated to run with me.)

I usually tell people that not everyone has the same innate skill level. Not the same amount of natural talent. Some will learn these things ultra fast and claim they are easy. While others will find them ridiculously hard.

So yeah. People usually don't measure or stop to think about gaps in natural talent for gaming. Back then when gaming was new and limited to 8-16 bit consoles, not everyone was into it. So usually those doing it were either close in skill level or rapidly practicing to get there. Now, gaming is much more wide spread and more people with varying amounts of skill try their hand at it. So it's natural to see the gap between players opening more and more.
  • if its any consolation i would be cool with running with you, and lol for shield even in IM I try not to kick people from them in RKNM, the last time i ran with people, me and one other broke the shield each time when I was using my zerk and a mystic as healer (the others were learning and were dead during shield phase a lot), so I don't think you even need a full party for shield

a lot of people don't have patience, but it is just a game so it's better to have fun
  • ItzMiraiItzMirai Portugal ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I feel like many of you are forgetting about the 'outside' factors besides that reading/watching guides is way different than experiencing things yourself in dungeons. Because then there's the ping factor, the pc specs factor, the natural skill level like some people mentioned above.
    It's unfair to expect a person to know everything and not die at all when its their first times in a dungeon when even more experienced people die too sometimes.
    Speaking from experience here because RKN back then dragged me through the dirt and so did RKE a bit after but now they're alright... AAN is still going to drag me because I havent had time to practice but eh :/
    I just think it's important to state if you're new so people are at least ready to help you with calling out stuff and in general just be patient. You won't learn and get right a bunch of mechanics right out the bat even if you studied them beforehand.

The people who don't want to learn and just bash people are another breed, there's no point talking about because there's nothing we can do tbh...
  • This was just a thread to vent but i appreciate the responses both positive and negative.

For what its worth i explained in my OP tha
    I DID read up on a guide (essential mana) numerous times

I DID tell each and ever party i was new and asked for patience

I DID learn what was killing me and tried to adjust for example i did missiles in RK-9 perfectly on my second time seeing it onward

I dies to push > piston twice and never again, other stuff still killed me though

I died once on the last boss and they kicked me after the wipe.

I did everything im aware of that im supposed to do besides automatically knowing the fight.

But i digress , now that i am calmer and have had time to sort myself out and after reading the thread ,and certain comments, ive come to the conclusion Tera just isnt for me, i cant fit in with this crowd unlike ff14 or BnS.

Thanks for the positive responses and the negative ones too, puts things into perspective.

@CobaltDragon

Youre the only GM i know, if you get the time do you mind closing this thread? I feel like it should be closed soon. Just a feeling. Thank you.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Maybe this game has a bit too many requirements and new players definitely have a tough time as for example:

- do you have your etchings fixed?
    - do you have your crystals fixed?
    - do you have your glyphs fixed?
    - did you even awaken your class?
    - do you have proper rolls adequate for your class on your weapon and chest?
    - have you tried to get your weapon at least to +0SC and your armor to +0FM before jumping into 439 dungeons?
    - did you try to balance your crit/power according to your class?
    - did you watch videos to try to understand the mechanics one dungeon at a time?
    - have you given your share lately to the RNG God? He needs to be praised or else you will feel his wrath!

I might have forgotten a few things but those are kinda required ( i am not trying to be elitist but instead consider that having efficient DPS definitely helps with the boss mechanics ) besides the fact that i think that you need to learn one dungeon at a time and especially one boss at a time instead of jumping inside all of them and expecting so much.

Unfortunately, the so called normal 439 dungeons actually have quite a lot of mechanics that are simply overpowering for new players and the best thing to do is to take it one step at a time ( try to go inside a dungeon and learn boss by boss instead of rushing dungeons one after another ).
  • SoyKupoSoyKupo ✭✭✭
    You need more masochists like me to do content again and relish in the 4 hour RK trap runs. I should make a video out of that.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maxmilian wrote: »

It's a big pill to swallow but its true.
    In all the difficulty this person has had playing tera they havent learned a single thing. Theyre obviously completely unwilling to learn they just want to be angry, just read their post.

Wait, the OP outright says that they want to try to learn the dungeons but you're saying they don't want to try and learn the dungeons?

What??
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zubberfly wrote: »
    This was just a thread to vent but i appreciate the responses both positive and negative.

For what its worth i explained in my OP tha
    I DID read up on a guide (essential mana) numerous times

I DID tell each and ever party i was new and asked for patience

I DID learn what was killing me and tried to adjust for example i did missiles in RK-9 perfectly on my second time seeing it onward

I dies to push > piston twice and never again, other stuff still killed me though

I died once on the last boss and they kicked me after the wipe.

I did everything im aware of that im supposed to do besides automatically knowing the fight.

But i digress , now that i am calmer and have had time to sort myself out and after reading the thread ,and certain comments, ive come to the conclusion Tera just isnt for me, i cant fit in with this crowd unlike ff14 or BnS.

Thanks for the positive responses and the negative ones too, puts things into perspective.

@CobaltDragon

Youre the only GM i know, if you get the time do you mind closing this thread? I feel like it should be closed soon. Just a feeling. Thank you.

Sad, but you do realize the problem isn't Tera, but Western gaming mentality as a collective. So you will find this elitism and reluctance to help in many other games. While I won't pull numbers I don't have, a quite noticeable portion of the gamers at the top spots are people who care only about themselves and their glory. Another large noticeable portion just want to be carried and are very toxic towards anyone being as bad as them because they can't be carried and their weaknesses become apparent.

Anyway, have fun and try not to be stressed out by this. You will need as much patience when dealing with BnS, a game I know has become as toxic on it's end game as this one... or maybe worse.
  • @Zubberfly dear op, pls have patience with people, there are few very toxic people keep blaming other people even if they die, you as same stage as me, just new player try to learn higher up dungeon , so rigth now so far the hardest dg i can do is rk * in learning with aa nm( got people willing to carry and teach me today) . you know sir, there many helpfull people out here willing to teach new player, first of all, a tip for new player don't IM coz, just look for LFG, have patience and then just ask the leader, is it okey for me to try? i never done this dg before, such as like that. and i confident to tell you most of people (who aren't toxic) willing to help you carry if they got a good other member, heck i even remember running rk in learning time, there a really toxic healer, who when i die, he just ignore and continuous the fight, but then he himself die many time, and blaming other people for hes dead, so my pt all just kick him instead of me (who totally new af die many time) , they say it okey you in learning, that guys really toxic , and then we got new healer and when ever i die he ress me up. we fail like 4 time with toxic healer, and with new good healer we just clear it for first try. I just want to tell ya, usually the toxic one is the one who mess the pt , ^_^
  • edited October 2018
    welp, die 2 time from same mech show really noob? well guess what i just carry party many time on rm run rk run and others dg run by first die like 20 time in learning process

• JellycolaJellycola
    edited October 2018
    Hi, I'm sorry you experienced such amount of salt it seems like everyone thinks they were born skilled and forgot they were once newbies v_v
    Most of Tera NA players refuse to accept that this is a game for fun, we don't have to get stressed irl and ingame, they refuse to believe that people don't always run the dungeons in their best mood cause life happens.
    BUT.. There are many nice kind fun people don't let the salt get to you and don't let that be the reason to quit the game :3
    If you are really done with NA then I recommend TERA EU :3 much more friendly and easier and cheaper gear wise and there's a way to get around the ping.
    Also I'd be happy to help anytime :3 message Apple.Martini / Jelly.Cola on Velika Server, we will go dungeons and teach you and gear you and have fun :3/
    WHAT DO WE SAY TO THE GODS OF SALT?
    NOT TODAY :3x

• LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    What happen to me is worst,
    i`ve been kicked from RRHM / AANM several times because i just new (in IM`s),
    and other stupid reason, even i has lesser death.
    ( All my char was prety-well geared )

My opinion :
    I think this games has serious impact in negative behavior of their players behavior and community,
    because the game-play pushes their player to the limit for mechanism and reflexes.
    By definition.., if they make dungeons in harder difficulties, players tend to be elitist, picky, and selective.
    and THAT IS A FACT !!

In the matter of fact, dungeon like RRHM, AANM, was fully `Carryable`,
    by definitions, you can still complete this dungeon perfectly even has 2 stupid people in party,
    that because the bosses doesnt have mechanism that can make wipe entire party directly.

But.. thats it, veteran or experience people seem `DOESN`T HAVE OBLIGATIONS` to teach or carry people,
    meanwhile there was several people in server that selling run for Veiltrocth or Elemental Essence.. funny isnt it?

Otherwise..
    is not how every people `Describe` challenging in TERA, like runing highest difficulty dungeon with your static.
    but the true challenging is.. How you can manage to help people..

Game developer seems not really paying detail attention about these aspects,
    how the difficulty of dungeons impact to the player behavior, im not saying.. i want TERA to become easy to play,
    but.. if you make difficult dungeons, and doesnt have `instrument` to make every players cooperate each others, and willing to help each others,
    this what game-developer describe `as challenge`.. would be fail.
    I think every difficulty of MMO should has limit, to break this tendency,

Or maybe we should pay more than 200 bucks every months to have some `fun`?
    should we?