Rest in Peace Kyra

Comments

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine playing a video game and being super worried about its economy

jesus people learn to have fun
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Well, they could just add a link inside the Featured Items window that goes to the Kyra page (they're both just web pages on the store). I don't think that would be what stops them, anyway.

Can they though without breaking the store? Or without causing endless confusion for players?

I mean, I get that you could turn in the catalysts entirely via a web browser and outside of the game, and that the welcome window is pretty much just an in-game web browser without an address bar or real navigation controls as well, but I also have too many memories of needing to walk people through how to even get the Welcome/Featured Items window to open up again.

The current layout for this just seems like it'll cause nothing but trouble if they try to multi-purpose it by just linking to other pages.

Mind you, if they were to pair it with a better integration with the web pages, that could be a very nice change. Let you redeem codes from in-game as well, see the featured items, have access to various wheel of fortune style stuff, browse through the shop, maybe even news or event listings, while we're at it...
  • CornishRex wrote: »

It's a game economy but some of us paid real money for things they decided to just toss out for free. I personally recall spending 50 bucks on something that got handed out a week later in Kyra's and I didn't find that "fun."

Not that I'm complaining about it now, mind you. I learned my lesson and I don't spend money anymore. Just saying, any game with a cash shop and a premium currency is more than just a "video game economy."
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »

It's a game economy but some of us paid real money for things they decided to just toss out for free. I personally recall spending 50 bucks on something that got handed out a week later in Kyra's and I didn't find that "fun."

Not that I'm complaining about it now, mind you. I learned my lesson and I don't spend money anymore. Just saying, any game with a cash shop and a premium currency is more than just a "video game economy."

Mind if I ask, 50 bucks on what? Good rewards in Kyra were always pretty rare so it's not like they were handed out in millions, you still had to be lucky enough to get it.

Mind if I ask, 50 bucks on what? Good rewards in Kyra were always pretty rare so it's not like they were handed out in millions, you still had to be lucky enough to get it.

It was the pink pinion wings. They came in a lootbox from the store bundled up with the purple ones and they have a much lower drop rate from the boxes than the purple ones do. During Kyra's, both the pink and purple wings had very high drop rates. The pink ones are still very cheap on the broker today as far as I know.

Like I said, I hope this doesn't come across as whining or complaining because that's not what I'm trying to do at all. It was just a very unsatisfying experience as a customer and it was one of the first things that taught me not to trust EME like that with my money ever again.
  • I think that there was a way to exploit the Kyra event and because of that the decision to shut it down completely was taken?

Also, i liked this event because i could buy so many cheap costumes for all my alts xD
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭

It was the pink pinion wings. They came in a lootbox from the store bundled up with the purple ones and they have a much lower drop rate from the boxes than the purple ones do. During Kyra's, both the pink and purple wings had very high drop rates. The pink ones are still very cheap on the broker today as far as I know.

Like I said, I hope this doesn't come across as whining or complaining because that's not what I'm trying to do at all. It was just a very unsatisfying experience as a customer and it was one of the first things that taught me not to trust EME like that with my money ever again.

To be fair, holding out like that requires a level of clairvoyance rivaling outright precognition. I'm pretty sure there are few people who are capable of that.

But lootboxes these days are dildoes anyway, so I don't begrudge your decision.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reminder that whoever paid for some in-game crap, got it before others could get it for free, so they had it longer, and also, that the ones that paid for it, still can get more of it anyway, for free this time.
    I have a strong feeling that being against Kyra has a lot to do with feeling special about spending real life money on stuff or about having them and others not... I cannot really understand how one could take an in-game costume as some sort of luxury item and status symbol.

I do recall seeing a handful of such comments when costumes that used to be on the store went to be obtainable in events and the same whine happens.
    Quite egoistic feeling in my view but whatever, to each their own.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Reminder that whoever paid for some in-game crap, got it before others could get it for free, so they had it longer, and also, that the ones that paid for it, still can get more of it anyway, for free this time.
    I have a strong feeling that being against Kyra has a lot to do with feeling special about spending real life money on stuff or about having them and others not... I cannot really understand how one could take an in-game costume as some sort of luxury item and status symbol.

I do recall seeing a handful of such comments when costumes that used to be on the store went to be obtainable in events and the same whine happens.

And here I am just wishing that they'd put half the costumes that exist in the game in the store for available purchase. But instead a lot of it is just loot-boxes or not available to obtain at all whether through the store or in-game; if you're lucky enough to find it on the trade-broker it'd be super expensive so its not like you can afford it. This game has a poorly run cosmetic shop.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    The best event in TERA i think :D

"Internet points", if you will, are a big deal to people for some reason. Otherwise you wouldn't see so many people flipping the f**k out over differing skill levels so much (and this extends far beyond TERA).
  • ElinLove wrote: »

it's not about status symbols or looking unique or feeling special. It's literally just about wasting money. Being sold something that is going to be given away the next week or month for free, unbeknownst to the player. I'm sure the person who bought their wings would've been happy to wait a week and save 50 bucks.
    feminzii wrote: »

it's not about status symbols or looking unique or feeling special. It's literally just about wasting money. Being sold something that is going to be given away the next week or month for free, unbeknownst to the player. I'm sure the person who bought their wings would've been happy to wait a week and save 50 bucks.

And I said in response to that very sentiment, you'd need to be outright psychic to know when - or even if - that's going to happen.

And unlike purchases IRL, you can't research these things, especially since every region has their own spin on releases and events.

This is someone dying while having an MRI scan. Before you die, your brain releases tons and tons of endorphins that make you feel a range of emotions. Tragically beautiful.
This discussion has been closed.