Questions about proxy, what was the conclusion to the drama now that it's the 19th?

I want to start by saying that I don't use or have ever used a proxy since my ping is good while playing TERA and I live a couple of states over from the servers. But now that the update has come, what happened with the proxy drama, can anyone fill me in on it? I'm curious because I kind of lost track of everything that was going on regarding it

Comments

• zenpiaxzenpiax ✭✭✭
    Normalcy settle in and nothing changed.
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    EME did a complete 180 about their stance on proxy because of the effects it had on their income. They tried to recuit devs since all devs were pretty much forced to drop support for NA. Devs pretty much said Screw EME for what they did.

So now we are back to dont ask dont tell proxy use, but without dev support. This patch got lucky that all regions used the same OPcodes. But if that changes proxy and meter will be completely dead for NA.
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    Also a ton of players left for EU, I have been playing on EU and its honestly pretty great besides slightly higher ping. They have a TON of events, gearing is easier, LFG is pretty lit, and the custom dungeons they release are really fun. My friends and I pretty much decided to leave our fully geared characters and money because of all the pros EU has over NA. It is really nice coming out of a dungeon and feeling it was rewarding for a change.

We have been playing around 2-3hours a day and we are already in SC +0.
  • > @hellno said:
    > Also a ton of players left for EU, I have been playing on EU and its honestly pretty great besides slightly higher ping. They have a TON of events, gearing is easier, LFG is pretty lit, and the custom dungeons they release are really fun. My friends and I pretty much decided to leave our fully geared characters and money because of all the pros EU has over NA. It is really nice coming out of a dungeon and feeling it was rewarding for a change.
    >
    > We have been playing around 2-3hours a day and we are already in SC +0.

Damn I should check eu out
  • ViauxiViauxi ✭✭✭
    They have permanently damaged the health, morale, and goodwill of the playerbase due to sheer incompetence and greed. Unbelievable. Seriously, I usually just come to the forum to lightly troll/vent sometimes, but seeing how far this game has fallen is just.....Wow. The price of talents, poor management, even the dressing room is horrific despite how hard they try to milk money...kinda ironic. I can't even be sarcastic about it anymore, I am beginning to unironically believe they literally do not care about this product. The sheer neglect of this server is just god tier, companies like this will never learn, Ever. Wasn't this supposed to be the superior version of the game? What happened man? If GAMEFORGE of all companies is able to run a server than you, then quite frankly, your company deserves to disappear.

Reality check: Actions have consequences, make stupid decisions, get stupid results.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'll get hate for this comment, but I have to say it before my head explodes. I believe it would be best for those who moved to EU to just stop advertising it here (and thus hurting NA and EME even more, which frankly its starting to look intentional), and be happy with the decision you made and leave us here, "to rot" if you will. I know I can't command anyone to say or do anything, plus there's a right of speech, so I'm saying this as a petition or a plea.

Still, I mean, it's like going to a K Mart with a giant "BUY AT WALMART" poster and prancing around the shop with it.

Again, I know this comment may garner some hate, and I apologize for that. It's not my intention to trigger such a thing. All I want is for people to have some common sense and to stop striking the wound. While I'm not seriously playing anymore and I'm usually on and off, I'm not moving from NA, and I still would like it to get fixed and better. Anything against that feels like bad will, even if that's not the intention. Still nonetheless it hurts. Now, I also don't feel like defending EME as they indeed have a LOT to answer for. But adding EU and GF into the mix does nobody any good any more.

Anyway, my humble opinion. Said as I see it and with no hate involved.
  • That’s were like real life we are going to make America great again. We are going to build a bigger wall than China to stop Mexican.

At last no single thing happened since were promised. Same for proxy just words
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes you will get a comment based on your absurd statement Nopi.

With no major ppl left on NA, it can shut down much earlier leaving everyone screwed in the end. That's why EME is going hard on releasing talent lootboxes to make up the huge loss they just witnessed and endured.

Sure, let ppl go and let this game rot. That's your lazy solution of your idea, not a humble opinion.
  • LMFAO @DL7MMWLJ3W WTF are "major ppl?????? you mean the toxic asshats? Better without them and all the EU refugees posting here.
  • not gonna lie I kind of cringed at that "major people" comment myself lmao
    the ego is enormous on that one
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    That wasn't the focus of his/her comment. he/she is asking that people stop adding EU/GF to the conversation since it won't make the situation any better.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

With no major ppl left on NA, it can shut down much earlier leaving everyone screwed in the end. That's why EME is going hard on releasing talent lootboxes to make up the huge loss they just witnessed and endured.

Sure, let ppl go and let this game rot. That's your lazy solution of your idea, not a humble opinion.

It's ok. We both said our piece. My main reason for my comment was the "head exploding" part. So I got that out of my chest and you got your part out of your chest too. Win win in my view.

As for the content. No. I didn't tell those still playing here to go and let the game rot. My message was directed at those already gone. But again, I said it as a petition to mainly try and hold off on the already annoying "GF is better" comments. This argument was fair when it started. Everyone gets to compare things. But I feel it's going too repetitive already and it stops helping.

By now, I can safely assume EME well knows how GF is working their version of the game. They may look deaf and blind to us, but they aren't. So really, regardless of the intentions of the posters, what these comments are doing right now may be counter to the healing and improvement of NA Tera by now. Though I must also play a tolerance card, since the many similar messages do not come from the same person, and everyone should have their opportunity to talk. For that, I must also have understanding and patience.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    hellno wrote: »
    Also a ton of players left for EU, I have been playing on EU and its honestly pretty great besides slightly higher ping. They have a TON of events, gearing is easier, LFG is pretty lit, and the custom dungeons they release are really fun. My friends and I pretty much decided to leave our fully geared characters and money because of all the pros EU has over NA. It is really nice coming out of a dungeon and feeling it was rewarding for a change.

We have been playing around 2-3hours a day and we are already in SC +0.

If it is so fun and rewarding then why do you guys feel the need to boast and convince others so much about it? Actually, why do you guys never talk about the prons and cons from EU but instead you act as if you have found some sort of utopia and you try so hard to convince others about it?

I am from Europe myself and it would be great to play with 50ms and gear up theoretically "faster" since i can get "showered" with talents but that gearing up faster is only an illusion because gearing is faster only up to a certain point when gems do not play a significant role because later on it gets harder and harder to enchant making almost no difference in the end from playing on EU/NA with the exception that players on EU can gear up to a certain point and do only so much because they cannot aford anything else and especially cash shop items since the cash shop items are so much more expensive while at the same time it is so much harder to farm gold to buy them without spending real money.

Do you want a newly released costume? mount? pet? weapon skin? etc? Then why not talk about how much you have to farm to be able to aford one on EU and how much you have to farm to be able to buy one on NA? I mean, why not talk about the fact that a bank slot costs 200k on EU while the gold talents cost 10g each and you have to farm like a zombie to get only a bank slot when on NA the same bank slot costs 20k and the gold talents cost 60g each? Then what about the elite that costs 300k or the 2.0 phoenix mount that costs 3.5mil gold on EU? Then why not talk about the fact that NA had a whole week with double enchant up to +0SC while the dungeon rewards were improved and we will also get double vanguards much more frequently than until now?

There is also the irony that exactly the same players that want to get "showered" with talents also complain how much EU is p2w but the reason that the p2w holds such a great advantage above farming on EU is exactly because the talents have such a poor value and whoever wants to farm gold needs to work so much harder..

p.s. this might sound weird but NA is actually more balanced than EU
  • MargaretRoseMargaretRose ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Nopi wrote: »
    I know I'll get hate for this comment, but I have to say it before my head explodes. I believe it would be best for those who moved to EU to just stop advertising it here (and thus hurting NA and EME even more, which frankly its starting to look intentional), and be happy with the decision you made and leave us here, "to rot" if you will. I know I can't command anyone to say or do anything, plus there's a right of speech, so I'm saying this as a petition or a plea.

Still, I mean, it's like going to a K Mart with a giant "BUY AT WALMART" poster and prancing around the shop with it.

Again, I know this comment may garner some hate, and I apologize for that. It's not my intention to trigger such a thing. All I want is for people to have some common sense and to stop striking the wound. While I'm not seriously playing anymore and I'm usually on and off, I'm not moving from NA, and I still would like it to get fixed and better. Anything against that feels like bad will, even if that's not the intention. Still nonetheless it hurts. Now, I also don't feel like defending EME as they indeed have a LOT to answer for. But adding EU and GF into the mix does nobody any good any more.

Personally, giving the current situation, I believe such comments are good.
    The forum currently has many different points of view, both positive and negative.
    If a new player interested in Tera were to check the forums, they'd have a general idea of what to expect from both regions.
    Assisting the process of selecting a region based on multiple criteria, such as location, ping, etc.
    Also, I believe it's fair new players have a general idea of what they are walking into.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Nopi wrote: »

Personally, giving the current situation, I believe such comments are good.
    The forum currently has many different points of view, both positive and negative.
    If a new player interested in Tera were to check the forums, they'd have a general idea of what to expect from both regions.
    Assisting the process of selecting a region based on multiple criteria, such as location, ping, etc.
    Also, I believe it's fair new players have a general idea of what they are walking into.

I suppose from that side it could be good. As I said, this was just my view of things and how I feel about it. That's why I'm stressing that I intend no ill. It's just an opinion and a view from someone who comes here and posts. Still, I personally feel that the conversation should stay on fixing the current mess instead of looking elsewhere with wishful eyes. Though yes, I know. People have already posted their feelings and ideas and they (and me sometimes) feel we aren't being heard enough or at all. So it's also natural to feel ignored and abandoned when you see so little response while the game keeps having the same unsolved problems. It's why I try to understand all sides of this, but I must also make my stand and express my position on all this because I cannot be swimming in all waters at the same time.