[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

How grindy is the game still?

Comments

• Nopi wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Nope I were talking about pay to progress . The new pay mode that started with gear progression patch.

Older system people buy things sell and buy actual gear for gold.
    But the guy of the post were talking about progression. And is true that progression is more pay than f2p actually. On the other hand you may need to waste 24/7 no job or work to progress via playing. No way you get maximum gear just playing. If start with 0 golden talents. Unless 5 persons share the account to play 24/7

The way a full f2p used to do it to get BiS was to play the broker. Back then, high tier dungeons dropped materials that could be sold for nice prices. The gold obtained from those by f2p players was used back into the broker to buy off things from whales, like costumes and premium membership vouchers, or even more materials to finish up the current character or to help an alt. So no only f2ps could farm materials, they could also produce them for others.

I suppose the balance was tipped (or even flat tripped) in these last few versions of the game. But that is generally how an f2p should still try to play. Sure, it will most likely be slower now, but if it's slower for them, it will also be slower for whales to get their stuff and see the economy flowing. If it becomes too slow, EME must eventually do something to re-accelerate it.
    Pwhoops wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but back then you could literally skip midtier gear and go directly into BiS (as long as you were able to run the dungeons). Now you have to grind your way through all the gear sets if you want BiS. In other words, gearing your main to BiS is hard, imagine gearing your alts.
    No thanks.

While it may be ridiculously slow to get BiS right now and we all agree it needs a fair boost to make it less vexing, skipping to it should have never been the intended or a possible way to progression in any game. What I feel we need here is a smooth curve that while still slowing at the higher tiers, does still make the player feel like hes advancing through it.

Actually even whales are suffering xd you can see the exagerated 500.000 gold per costumes or 1.800.000 millions gold per 2.0 mount. Even a flying bacon is 250.000 gold.
    Guess whales lost the market control for first time if you check the broker sales are terribles for costumes now
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Nopi wrote: »
    While it may be ridiculously slow to get BiS right now and we all agree it needs a fair boost to make it less vexing, skipping to it should have never been the intended or a possible way to progression in any game. What I feel we need here is a smooth curve that while still slowing at the higher tiers, does still make the player feel like hes advancing through it.

If that's the case then all the enchantment system would need is for item xp to actually mean something, once you max item xp let it be at the very least 50% success chance. That's what everyone thought item xp would be at first, it's ridiculous that after maxing out your item xp you still only have a 28% chance of success.

Too much grind that the game stopped being fun. I rarely need to run dungeons anymore, all I need to do is IoD bams on multiple alts for talents. That's what the game has turned into, quite sad if you ask me.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭

If that's the case then all the enchantment system would need is for item xp to actually mean something, once you max item xp let it be at the very least 50% success chance. That's what everyone thought item xp would be at first, it's ridiculous that after maxing out your item xp you still only have a 28% chance of success.

Too much grind that the game stopped being fun. I rarely need to run dungeons anymore, all I need to do is IoD bams on multiple alts for talents. That's what the game has turned into, quite sad if you ask me.

Indeed, agreed. With how grindy it is to farm top tier mats, it would only be fair to be able to get enough item XP for not only 50%. but a way to get it to 100% just as reward fro the added effort.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭

If that's the case then all the enchantment system would need is for item xp to actually mean something, once you max item xp let it be at the very least 50% success chance. That's what everyone thought item xp would be at first,

Honestly people thought ItemXP was 100% XP = 100% Success, which it should have been. If it was - NONE of this entire gold talent drama would have ever happened in the first place. Doing it this way would have allowed people with deep pockets to brute force their way to BiS as they always have, taking the chances to gamble on lower success chances - while everyone else that just wanted to gear up by playing the game, would have had a consistent, meaningful gear upgrade path.

And before anyone chimes in - YES I know the values of GearXP now wouldn't work in this model and would need to be updated, but that's a matter of just going in and changing some lines of coding that EME has proven they can do with the GearXP enchant events. Everyone was praising the new Gear system until the moment it was revealed that at higher tiers, 100% GearXP did not equal 100% success chance - after that everyone got pissed and the rest is history - it's almost exactly the same system we had before, just worse and drastically more expensive now. If anything it was a regression.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    It is a regression, at the very least before you had a steady supply of feedstock and masterwork alkahest to enchant and they were all gotten from dungeons.

Now the best way to get stuff to enchant is IoD.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    Personaly, the grinding system in TERA NA is `awful`, plus, the drop rate for enchanting material like `gold talent` and `silver talent` is very low, and the price is quite expensive in broker.
    Comparing to other server in global, TERA NA is the most grindy..

What the most hard part for now,
    they nerf the certain gear like SC, but the enchanting cost is still the same..
  • wait they nerfed SC??? where did u get that info?
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    It's not nerfed, but imho it's basicaly mid-tier gear now cuz you need at least 453 iLVL (full SC+7) to run the new mid-tier dungeons (or SC 9/8/8/8 to run the hardest dg rn wich is still a 4 star dungeon!) and i'm pretty sure they're balancing new content arround high tiers of SC or even HO+0 (i.e: the next 5 star 456 dungeon that they'll release soon).
    That's why SC should be WAY cheaper to enchant unless the developer, for some strange reason, want to lock out the majority of the player base from doing new mid-high tier content.
    And we should always keep in mind that back in the old system BHS only asked easily achievable mid-tier gear to run even the hardest 5 man dungeons in the game, full SC+7 is far from "easily achievable" esp for a new/returning player with the current talents shortage.
    Imho there's lots of terrible design decisions with the current gearing system and if they don't fix it prob it'll reflect even more on player base numbers...

Edit: For anyone who thinks Frost Metal is still mid tier gear go there and run any new content with just 439 iLVL, oh wait, you gonna be stuck doing RK9 (1 year content) forever cuz even if you can clear new content you won't be able to reap VG rewards cuz the developer is in fact asking full SC+7 for the new mid-tier dungeons or 446 iLVL for even brain dead easy 2 star dungeon!
  • sc is mid tier....what a joke...do u know that sc can run the current end game dungeon?? and if ur skillfull enough u would be better than some HO user...and guess what if u grind ur [filtered] and stop whining here u might have an HO right now...coz people who are at high SC or even HO didnt complain about gearing.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    sc is mid tier....what a joke...do u know that sc can run the current end game dungeon?? and if ur skillfull enough u would be better than some HO user...and guess what if u grind ur [filtered] and stop whining here u might have an HO right now...coz people who are at high SC or even HO didnt complain about gearing.

When Dreadnaught was the to-farm gear and schisma was being given for nearly free (and a few updates before that too) people could enter and do the highest dungeons with it without the need for VM at all, yet you could pretty much IoD solo yourself into such gear (I know because I did it for one character). I don't consider SC plain mid tier yet. To me that denomination is still for FM, which is what I feel I could solo myself into if I tried. If we were to mix the current gear with the days of old, you should be able to enter some of the higher tier dungeons (maybe minus the last two or three) with maxed FM, without ever having to worry about going higher.

Basically, by adding HO without removing Guardian, the progression curve has been stretched, and many players were dropped and left out of it. And all that happened without any notice. So I understand why they are angry.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    TERA is slowly approaching P2W at the moment since Heroic Oath requires 2 full-time jobs to enjoy harder content while having highly geared alts.

I feel bad for those ppl that works hard for their gear without having to fork over money. I don't know because they are obsessed in wanting every piece of gear perfect or it's a natural bad habit of gambling they can't control. Either way, I hope they realize sooner or later that they need to stop because the progression is going to get much worse.

HOWEVER

If you just play low to mid tier dungeons, then the grinding has no concern for you. In fact, I told most of my friends to play that route so they can enjoy playing on multiple alts and having decent Stormcry+7 weapon as their final end-game goal. Because when you think about it, it's going to get much harder to find competent ppl these days when population getting thinner.
  • Wouldn't it make more sense for EME to make it less grindy?
    That way you would be gearing more alts and buying more costumes and other crap for those alts.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    TERA is slowly approaching P2W at the moment since Heroic Oath requires 2 full-time jobs to enjoy harder content while having highly geared alts.

I feel bad for those ppl that works hard for their gear without having to fork over money. I don't know because they are obsessed in wanting every piece of gear perfect or it's a natural bad habit of gambling they can't control. Either way, I hope they realize sooner or later that they need to stop because the progression is going to get much worse.

HOWEVER

If you just play low to mid tier dungeons, then the grinding has no concern for you. In fact, I told most of my friends to play that route so they can enjoy playing on multiple alts and having decent Stormcry+7 weapon as their final end-game goal. Because when you think about it, it's going to get much harder to find competent ppl these days when population getting thinner.
    They took wings away, so the whole point of SC+7 is now gone for casual players.
  • i have a question... HOW MANY PLAYERS THIS GAME HAVE??? they are too much than 10.000 or 6000? or is just like in march?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    7GC5FRGC4C wrote: »
    i have a question... HOW MANY PLAYERS THIS GAME HAVE??? they are too much than 10.000 or 6000? or is just like in march?
    Nobody except EME and BHS knows the exact number. We can make guesses based on Steam charts, moongourd statistics, or just going into the game at primetime and walking around/checking LFG, but if you want a solid number from one of us then you're out of luck. That said, 10,000 is absurd and even 6000 is laughable. There are 900 steam users online right now as I write this. Even if there are 900 non steam users as well, that's not even 2000 players.