Apex Stream Feedback - Request! (October 19th stream)

2»

Comments

• I agree with the post that says she should have played the class being showcased. Let them guide you on rotations and have yourself test it out on IOD bams, this way youll actually learn somewhat how mechs and class works rather than you standing around the mentor doing nothing. Worse being the mentor hadnt been playing ninja for 2 years prior to awakening. I mean, any program that tries to teach others they do so by showing them as monkey see monkey do which you, KTC, clearly failed at. Youre being meme'd for a reason; your lack of knowledge of being a CM. It may off as being harsh to say trying your best isnt enough but you dont even fit in that criteria of trying. Play the game. Learn the mechanics. Take part in the community. Be one of us.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Before I forget to tell this to make these streams even worthless is the fact that we don't have talents yet. Not to mention bugs are still being fixed from KTERA that will affect the class performance. It's better to just get the latest details from class discords rather than having a newcomer looking at the stream. Classes keeps getting changed constantly to make the stream information become irrelevant.

Also it's been shown that KTC doesn't want to level with a player to learn the game, nor does she have any interest in learning a class either. People should accept that and explain a different situation. The one about being on a GM account so you can stop dying is a good start at least. Just seeing the streamer dying where you can't see the other players doesn't make it a class stream, more of seeing someone has a floormat to add fuel to the community to belittle further.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    I think my main complaint would be the audio issue, other than that, I second the idea of using a character of the same showcased class, it's either that of manage to show the said class's PoV (when using a ninja, show the ninja PoV and so on).

Now, while it's true that veteran players are still figuring out combos and stuff for the new apex classes, I don't think streaming about them is a bad idea, after all there are still certain important mechanics about each class, whether they have apex or not. However, if you wish to hold the recently added apex classes, maybe you could focus on the first ones, they have guides and there are many good players to help with class showcases, the following weeks could go with.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to throw a back track a bit here and ask, was the stream meant as just a casual show of the class' skills? Or was it meant as a more hardcore approach? Some of the posts here seem to assume this could or should have been a hardcore talk on rotations and such.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    I want to throw a back track a bit here and ask, was the stream meant as just a casual show of the class' skills? Or was it meant as a more hardcore approach? Some of the posts here seem to assume this could or should have been a hardcore talk on rotations and such.
    To be honest (for myself), I watched without expectations as I just popped in to the stream since I happened to see the notification about them going live. I had just completed my first awakenings the previous days (the classes I normally play were part of this second round) so when I saw the stream title, decided to stick around to see what would be covered. The impression I got based on her introduction was that with the help of her special guest, they would be going over the ninja's Apex skills (to what degree was not specified though).

I also didn't have much context as far as expertise level of the guest since to be honest, I don't keep track of that sort of stuff in this game. So only via reading this thread, it seems like Teck isn't specifically an "expert" in the ninja class (but instead has awakened a bunch of classes previously and so has much more knowledge there with other classes).

Myself, I had just awakened my own ninja and as of that stream, hadn't yet found a rotation that felt good (I was only going off the tooltips at the time and playing mechanically as a result) compared to what I was prioritizing non-awakened. So I guess I was looking to possibly learn something but again, didn't really have much expectations as the stream went along since it seemed like it going to showcase from a non-player PoV an awakened ninja (showing off actual rotation and discussing it in detail would make more sense to me if the player with the awakened class was streaming it from their PoV).

It's not like I went away without learning something though (since I did regarding the 3rd boomerang shuriken being an i-frame). Since then, I've just acquired some new muscle memory from experimenting with the skills/getting chi built up as fast as possible/what needs to be prioritized, etc. Plus some of this may go out the window when the "elite point" talent system is deployed maybe later next month where there will be a bit more degree of flexibility.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Someone told me the usual EME stream has about 150 ppl watching. So disregard and just do whatever you want to do. The extremely low population and advertisement of their streams isn't worth going too deep with this so it's all good.

If people truly want to learn, they can stick to discord classes and practice.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    Someone told me the usual EME stream has about 150 ppl watching. So disregard and just do whatever you want to do. The extremely low population and advertisement of their streams isn't worth going too deep with this so it's all good.
    probably the dumbest post in this thread

streamers that get even 1k viewers on average are already in something like the top 10% of twitch. sure, the eme stream will likely never get as many viewers as your favorite normie streamer ninja, but viewership literally has no relevance to how someone should run their stream
  • > @Khernz said:
    > Why are you just staring doing nothing? Did you think all the [filtered] you got lately for not having a clue on how to play was so that WE can learn how to play? Play the [filtered] game.

Posts like this is why this community is considered toxic and sinking and im sure you knew that.
  • Your toxicity threshold is too low, mister. That wasn't even close to it.
    IMO there's nothing wrong with asking for the game's community manager to learn how to properly play the game. I don't think that's too much to ask, but she is making it so with each stream she appears on.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your toxicity threshold is too low, mister. That wasn't even close to it.
    IMO there's nothing wrong with asking for the game's community manager to learn how to properly play the game. I don't think that's too much to ask, but she is making it so with each stream she appears on.

While I share the sentiment as there is indeed nothing wrong with asking the CM to get further acquainted with the game, the problem was the tone. Yes, It's the Internet, You MUST grow thick skin. But why can't we boomerang that back at those with the anger issues? Why must we change to accommodate their pent up issues and not the other way around? Why can't people be gentle anymore?