We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

EME pls tell BHS THANK YOU for letting us hide weapon glow.

2»

Comments

• MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    I love weapon glow turn off. Is perfect. Thank.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    When it comes to negative feedback, it's something that takes more investigation than just one comment, and it tends to have a lot of different perspectives that I have to parse through. But when there's positive feedback, it's easier to pass that feedback along to Bluehole. It's good to combine feedback with positives and negatives.

I commented on this thread because it was a straightforward thread. Please don't think that because I don't post on other threads, it doesn't mean I don't grab that feedback either.

For example, I've grabbed feedback from the Kyra's posts, more feedback on UI, and how hard it is to be a level 65 player that isn't necessarily super well versed in those harder dungeons.

I feel this is a good kind of answer. Some may think this answer was needed to be posted in other threads since awhile ago. To those, I can say that at least from my view, it may be counter productive to answer to every thread. But indeed, posts like this one may be indeed needed a bit more around the forum. It will not ease everyone's spirits, but it will show that at least people are being heard.

So my advice from a low tier derp, to continue letting people know that even if EME can't do everything to fix the game, or that maybe they can screw up at this or that, AT LEAST, people are being heard. They need a visual cue as to that, indeed.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    When it comes to negative feedback, it's something that takes more investigation than just one comment, and it tends to have a lot of different perspectives that I have to parse through. But when there's positive feedback, it's easier to pass that feedback along to Bluehole. It's good to combine feedback with positives and negatives.

I commented on this thread because it was a straightforward thread. Please don't think that because I don't post on other threads, it doesn't mean I don't grab that feedback either.

For example, I've grabbed feedback from the Kyra's posts, more feedback on UI, and how hard it is to be a level 65 player that isn't necessarily super well versed in those harder dungeons.

I think what they were trying to say is that maybe it would help if you responded to those threads as well in a similar manner like you did to this one. Like "Okay, people are disappointed that Kyra is not here this year. Got it. I'll take note of this and pass this on to BHS" or something like that. A lot of us wouldn't have known that you picked up on all that stuff if you hadn't just mentioned it in your reply. You may be busy of course sorting through so many threads and there's only so many responses you can do, but perhaps if you did more of that it would bring people more hope and send an unspoken message that people are being listened to. You don't have to do that obviously, as I've seen plenty of other mods/community managers in other games forums not even bother, but its still nice anyway. People would like to see more of your presence like that here!
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19
    For the record, when I said I have a bad feeling, that wasn't in reference to you sending this info to BHS (i.e. "Oh, that one is handling the report..."), but moreso that the more major concerns won't even be acknowledged. They still haven't fixed the scarf and cape glitch, after all.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19
    SageWindu wrote: »
    They still haven't fixed the scarf and cape glitch, after all.

The big problem is the difference between the bug being filed and BHS being willing to prioritize and fix the bug. Almost all the bugs that I know of the staff commented that they filed bugs with BHS about them, and oftentimes followed up on them too. The issue is that BHS hasn't fixed it. So even if they went into every thread and said "we filed the bug with BHS, the case number is <y>" -- when none of the bugs ever get fixed, people will think they're making it up. I wish BHS would just take a few patch cycles and do a "FIX TERA" campaign where they focus on bug fixes and optimization, but I assume they think there's no money in it.

Of course, this is talking about the bugs, and there are other issues too.

Of course.

I'm just saying I don't have a lot of faith in the current dev team...
  • GinjitsuGinjitsu ✭✭✭✭✭

The big problem is the difference between the bug being filed and BHS being willing to prioritize and fix the bug. Almost all the bugs that I know of the staff commented that they filed bugs with BHS about them, and oftentimes followed up on them too. The issue is that BHS hasn't fixed it. So even if they went into every thread and said "we filed the bug with BHS, the case number is <y>" -- when none of the bugs ever get fixed, people will think they're making it up. I wish BHS would just take a few patch cycles and do a "FIX TERA" campaign where they focus on bug fixes and optimization, but I assume they think there's no money in it.

BHS should just do what Square-Enix did.
  • Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll try and do a better job of asking questions and adding comments in here. I promise I read these! It's an important part of my day.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    they havnt fixed high elf female pirate costume texture glitch since forever too nuff said :s
    kubitoid wrote: »
    they havnt fixed high elf female pirate costume texture glitch since forever too nuff said :s

I'm not familiar with that one. Mind illuminating me?

Thing is, I know they have the means/time to fix things like that. I remember a while back there was a visual glitch with elven women and a certain set of robes that would make their arms disappear (I can't remember the set off-hand). It took a while but that was fixed and now everything's gravy as far as that's concerned. But will it actually take someone having a g**damn seizure to realize that the scarves and capes need fixing?
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll try and do a better job of asking questions and adding comments in here. I promise I read these! It's an important part of my day.

That's the spirit! Dealing with different kinds of customers is hard. I know because I did a similar job long ago. Can't please everyone, and one shouldn't really aim at that. Just aim for your best, and you will sure score well with the majority of people. And no matter the tone used by some, keep the spirits up. Again as I said before, we won't be able to fix everything, but that shouldn't stop you to try and fix as much as you can.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26
    kubitoid wrote: »

I'm not familiar with that one. Mind illuminating me?
    something like this. retrieved from my thread in bug report section dated oct 16.
    Lrsbgi0.jpg
    there are some other old threads about this even one dated mid-13 on tera EU board where its clearly visible too
2»