[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Player pop concerns

I thought I would make a thread about this subject because I haven't seen the conversation carry on elsewhere.

Since the DMCA takedowns it's become much harder to find high volumes of higher-end runs. I don't have anything to say about the takedowns which hasn't already been said, but I wanted to ask forumgoers if anyone else is feeling the crunch.

Comments

• Yes I haven’t really done a dg in weeks. The ques have been crazy long only thing I’ve actully been able to do is BGS ( of course then you have to worry about being kicked for being eq ) so it’s just really in a [filtered] afk or do guardians state.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    zoWHH8I.png

LFG has become advertisement. And I took that screenshot during a weekend night at 8:00 PM on Velika server.

EME really screwed up. They brought Xigncode which promoted Proxy to bypass it. EME didn't like it so threatened 3rd party devs to stop their support so they did along with majority of ppl hated EME's decision to even do this. Now EME apologized to 3rd party devs and tried to communicate and ask for their help with most of them declined which I'm glad they did.

And now here we are, the moment where EME policy on proxy is back to normal after all this nonsense. EME could have prevented all of this, but keeps adding more negatives to their list to do. EME are promising to do something about it, but all that does is delay delay delay delay until ppl are fed up with it (like me).

So you are right to be concerned about the population. EME has done some bad things, but that DMCA is by far the worst stunt they ever pulled off to their playerbase. They get what they deserved, however EME will have to do drasmatic measures to make money hence why they make golden talent lootboxes now. Enjoy your P2W game getting HO+3 full set or BiS cause I'm not doing it.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    [Removing Forum Violation]
    No events , too much grind , and low players.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    -snip-

LFG looks a lot like this on Kaiator as well. To an extent people have always advertised on LFG, but my larger concern is the lack of desirable dungeons posted on it.
  • I'm just waiting EME to do something about the PING, i quit since the DMCA because without proxy play the game is impossible (im not use any extra feature than: Skill predictor and FPS utils -- even with my 32gb ram, i7 and SLI). I tried EU but it does not work, even with all the 'bad EME' drama Tera NA is my home.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I see a lot of people in HW, but again, they're just AFK'ing or cycling rotations over and over again. Nobody is doing anything productive or meaningful other than /dance'ing their elins in a new outfit for hours. No seriously, seen people just leaving characters dance for hours at a time, it's ridiculous.

I'm honestly curious what this game's player head-count would be if it only counted people outside of cities (ie, people doing dungeons or active).
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    [Removing Forum Violation]
    No events , too much grind , and low players.

why wait? it is too late we are doomed :3
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Yeah, I see a lot of people in HW, but again, they're just AFK'ing or cycling rotations over and over again. Nobody is doing anything productive or meaningful other than /dance'ing their elins in a new outfit for hours. No seriously, seen people just leaving characters dance for hours at a time, it's ridiculous.

I'm honestly curious what this game's player head-count would be if it only counted people outside of cities (ie, people doing dungeons or active).

well since merge i feel we lost like 50% of our players in velika :/
  • Server merge was a good idea but it got killed when EME pulled the DMCA stunt. More than 50% of the player pop decided to quit NA or transferred to EU as a whole guild. And worse is that EU is smart enough to capitalize on EMEs fall by giving out levelling events, better events, discount on thalers and over all better economy with gold silver talents.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    NGCH34R4FN wrote: »
    Server merge was a good idea but it got killed when EME pulled the DMCA stunt. More than 50% of the player pop decided to quit NA or transferred to EU as a whole guild. And worse is that EU is smart enough to capitalize on EMEs fall by giving out levelling events, better events, discount on thalers and over all better economy with gold silver talents.

I'm not saying that you were saying this, but EU isn't perfect though. They have their flaws too. Like for instance its more difficult to make money over here than here, especially if you rely on selling talents as one of your methods. Since their game is flooded with talents its super cheap there, and they don't have as many ways of getting gems as we do.

If you ask me leaving to run to EU over that incident was over-dramatic, but whatever. EME definitely needs to get it together though or I can see th is game becoming dead once and for all in the future. A shame too because there is potential here despite the outdated textures and the too-mechanic heavy dungeons.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    NGCH34R4FN wrote: »
    Server merge was a good idea but it got killed when EME pulled the DMCA stunt. More than 50% of the player pop decided to quit NA or transferred to EU as a whole guild. And worse is that EU is smart enough to capitalize on EMEs fall by giving out levelling events, better events, discount on thalers and over all better economy with gold silver talents.

I'm not saying that you were saying this, but EU isn't perfect though. They have their flaws too. Like for instance its more difficult to make money over here than here, especially if you rely on selling talents as one of your methods. Since their game is flooded with talents its super cheap there, and they don't have as many ways of getting gems as we do.

Yep, EU is bad for RMTers to make gold or for ppl to buy costume with in game gold but it's WAY better for ppl that actually wanna play the game (i.e: gear to do endgame content).
    Especially now that the dev is asking insane 453 and 455 iLVL to do mid-high tier content, it make way more sense the surplus of enchanting mats that EU got rn.
    This "economy talk" was always a pure fallacy cuz if you're selling golden talents and gems then you're not gearing (and eventually the price of liberated gear will rise too cuz talent shortage)...
    So yeah, on NA you can "farm" more gold cuz 80G talents but you gonna gear way slower and eventually you gonna pay more for gear, so it's a lose-lose for everyone that wanna play the game and not just dress their elins..
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Especially now that the dev is asking insane 453 and 455 iLVL to do mid-high tier content
    while it is a high requirement, the gear required to achieve it has been around for over a year now.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    metagame wrote: »
    Especially now that the dev is asking insane 453 and 455 iLVL to do mid-high tier content
    while it is a high requirement, the gear required to achieve it has been around for over a year now.

Yep, cuz there's no returning or new players on this game anymore, no more alts and nobody gonna reroll (BHS class balance is top notch!), ppl will sure play 1 year non stop..or 1.5 years by the next HO+6 bs patch and so on, cuz if you take a break you'll never catch anymore on this stupid gearing system that tends toward additive infinity grinding.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started a new alt to see how populated the level up areas are (not fun just running around Poporia at 65). Be it alts or new players, at least I've seen the level up areas and they are at least not empty. Good amount of players and dungeons pop more or less with similar frequency as before, if a bit slower queues. Now we've got to see what happens once those characters get to 65.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, cuz there's no returning or new players on this game anymore
    this ridiculous mindset of yours that every player has to be "able to run every top dungeon out there immediately" doesn't apply to new or returning players. unless they swipe and buy all their stuff outright, they have to gear up and progress their characters like everyone else did.