[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

FWC EQ gear update

With the new Heroic gear update, there should be a new buff to equalized gear to compensate for new players wanting to enjoy pvp. Although I'm not certain if this issue has been presented before, I believe this should be addressed in order to present new players with a proper pvp atmosphere.

Comments

• I agree with this. With, players already achieving HO+1, EQ gear is like paper against these players.
  • they should just remove everyone gears and give 450 to each player, what's so crazy about that?
  • > @AmakusaKun said:
    > they should just remove everyone gears and give 450 to each player, what's so crazy about that?

Umad bro? You sound like one of those elitist HO jerks that leaves a PUG if the damage is not to your liking...

Anyway..

I do agree with the gear progression situation. SC is FM 2.0 now and is still absurdly pricey. I have almost 2 million gold and that is considered "average gold reserves" now.

I am not saying making SC as easy as TS. However, since it is mid tier, it should be treated as mid tier, which should including enchantment processing costs and item exp requirements.
  • Wait till HO+9 release then a new set arrives super HO+9999 and we can enchant stormcry at mid tier cost , and play again as before.
    But that might takes a year. So will be a hiatus year. Try other games.
  • They should give everyone EQ gear as we had before.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Considering how difficult it is to even get SC and then enhance it, I don't understand why people are labeling at 'mid-tier' now. Seems pretty stupid to me. HO only goes up to +2 now LOL and I still rarely see people with it. SC is still high-tier in my books, but then again I don't go playing with a bunch of unfriendly elitists.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Considering how difficult it is to even get SC and then enhance it, I don't understand why people are labeling at 'mid-tier' now. Seems pretty stupid to me. HO only goes up to +2 now LOL and I still rarely see people with it. SC is still high-tier in my books, but then again I don't go playing with a bunch of unfriendly elitists.

I also believe SC is still high tier, with HO being the BiS and FM still being mid. But not everyone thinks the same. Though, I don't mind it. If someone wants to think SC is mid tier, it's their hair they will pull in anger for it.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Cuz the developer is asking full SC+7 for 3 star dungeons and even SC+0 for brain dead 2 star(!!) dungeon, btw one month for now there'll be HO+3 and the iLVL needed for the true yet to be released top tier 5 star dungeons will be 456 iLVL which is HO+0 so yeah, even ppl with full SC+9 will not be able to claim VG rewards for the hardest PVE content anymore (unlike VM9 patch where even Misery gear was enough for 5 star VSHM!)
    If you guys are stuck on october/2017 and still think that frost metal is "mid-tier" gear then by all means, go run DCHM and Grotto NM with FM gear ;)
    DCHM/GrottoNM is the equivalent of RRHM/AANM (or TRHM/RKNM on arsenal patch), there's nothing about high-tier on these dungeons.
    The developer does not care that almost nobody got even H0+0 cuz they're increasing the iLVL needed for new content either way. In fact, prob for the first time in Tera's history they're asking BIS gear to run endgame content (search Bahaar's Temple on k-tera)
    And there's huge implications for PVP players too...
    Imho Twist is the new guardian (beginner tier), FM is low-tier, SC is mid-tier and HO is high/BIS tier, by this point they should remove guardian gear from the game.
    But maybe you guys got a very different definition of what mid or high tier is and as a consequence, a lot of player base should be locked out from new content and play only 1 year old RK9/TRNM dungeons...
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    AmakusaKun wrote: »
    they should just remove everyone gears and give 450 to each player, what's so crazy about that?

Well it was full EQ only at a point and then people whined about "muh PVP gear useless this is killing PVP" so they changed. Frankly I think it should ALWAYS be only up to a player's skill only. Of course, this does bring balancing classes as a challenge as well (not like non-EQ does anything to solve that tho).

Heck I remember (and sort of even agree) about fixed EQ crystals, or the simple way: no crystal slot EQ gear. But well that's the current choice they went with, can't say I'm OK with or against as I don't run FWC anymore but a decent EQ gear sounds like a good enough middle ground to allow "Muh PVP gear" and it not being a completely stupid one sided battle of who grinded more.
    > AmakusaKun said:
    > they should just remove everyone gears and give 450 to each player, what's so crazy about that?

Umad bro? You sound like one of those elitist HO jerks that leaves a PUG if the damage is not to your liking...

[...]

wait wait wait... am I really terrible at reading or what the heck is happening, did you really mean to call someone elitist someone who went with "Just EQ everything lol" type of comment??

Like, I've never ever seen any elitists that wants EQ on anything, that would be new to me.
  • > @66P6YL9MH3 said:
    > I agree with this. With, players already achieving HO+1, EQ gear is like paper against these players.

Literally. Gunner in full HO+1 used arcane missiles and oneshot me in fwc. The damage is insane compared to SC.
  • teralover123teralover123 ✭✭✭
    edited March 3
    Body is 10 characters too short.
  • > @lastofthemeheecan said:
    > I disagree, this game hast had new players since idk steam release.
    > What I read " lets [filtered] all the p2w or high grinders who took the time to actually learn dungeons and run content so the gear they worked for months and spent real $ on it don't have the right advantage for being BiS"

Sounds elitist to me. So you just want to be able to steamroll new players? Cause that’s what it sounds like. Everyone should have the opportunity to win regardless of gear because at the end of the day pvp is one of the many ways to help progress your gear. Players aren’t even gonna try if they know they don’t even have a chance at a win. This just seems like a selfish and childish attitude. Not to mention I see new players daily. ( can’t say if they stick around or not cause Tera, but they’re here).
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »

Cuz the developer is asking full SC+7 for 3 star dungeons and even SC+0 for brain dead 2 star(!!) dungeon, btw one month for now there'll be HO+3 and the iLVL needed for the true yet to be released top tier 5 star dungeons will be 456 iLVL which is HO+0 so yeah, even ppl with full SC+9 will not be able to claim VG rewards for the hardest PVE content anymore (unlike VM9 patch where even Misery gear was enough for 5 star VSHM!)
    If you guys are stuck on october/2017 and still think that frost metal is "mid-tier" gear then by all means, go run DCHM and Grotto NM with FM gear ;)
    DCHM/GrottoNM is the equivalent of RRHM/AANM (or TRHM/RKNM on arsenal patch), there's nothing about high-tier on these dungeons.
    The developer does not care that almost nobody got even H0+0 cuz they're increasing the iLVL needed for new content either way. In fact, prob for the first time in Tera's history they're asking BIS gear to run endgame content (search Bahaar's Temple on k-tera)
    And there's huge implications for PVP players too...
    Imho Twist is the new guardian (beginner tier), FM is low-tier, SC is mid-tier and HO is high/BIS tier, by this point they should remove guardian gear from the game.
    But maybe you guys got a very different definition of what mid or high tier is and as a consequence, a lot of player base should be locked out from new content and play only 1 year old RK9/TRNM dungeons...

Then they're just further alienating the player-base, and its not smart to do that. Did you miss the part when I mentioned how difficult it is to even get to SC? Let alone enhance it after that? And then you have players struggling for months to get to Hero's Oath and here you're saying things like "But maybe you guys got a very different definition of what mid or high tier is and as a consequence, a lot of player base should be locked out from new content and play only 1 year old RK9/TRNM dungeons..." like how is that even fair considering the circumstances? You have tons of players turned off just from how much of a grind-fest attempting to get up there to the higher tiers are. If this keeps up then you'll barely have any population in the game to play your 'new content' with.
  • > @lastofthemeheecan said:
    > I disagree, this game hast had new players since idk steam release.
    > What I read " lets [filtered] all the p2w or high grinders who took the time to actually learn dungeons and run content so the gear they worked for months and spent real $ on it don't have the right advantage for being BiS"

Sounds elitist to me. So you just want to be able to steamroll new players? Cause that’s what it sounds like. Everyone should have the opportunity to win regardless of gear because at the end of the day pvp is one of the many ways to help progress your gear. Players aren’t even gonna try if they know they don’t even have a chance at a win. This just seems like a selfish and childish attitude. Not to mention I see new players daily. ( can’t say if they stick around or not cause Tera, but they’re here).

get gear kid
  • I am a new player. I am far from HO