[TERA PC] Alert: Character transfers are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve an issue.
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Player pop concerns

Comments

• MatrixOfLeadersMatrixOfLeaders ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am glad the dps meters are gone (for the most part).

It gets very petty when DPS meter elitists say "your dps should be 5 mil, not 3 mil you noob." And leave it at that, without any guidance.

Most people play to have fun, not be that perfect chained skilled [filtered] player that is obsessive compulsive about perfect chains and dps timings down to 1/100 of a second ffs.

If the person is trying their best and not being a slacker, then leave them be and guide them.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    NGCH34R4FN wrote: »
    Server merge was a good idea but it got killed when EME pulled the DMCA stunt. More than 50% of the player pop decided to quit NA or transferred to EU as a whole guild. And worse is that EU is smart enough to capitalize on EMEs fall by giving out levelling events, better events, discount on thalers and over all better economy with gold silver talents.

I'm not saying that you were saying this, but EU isn't perfect though. They have their flaws too. Like for instance its more difficult to make money over here than here, especially if you rely on selling talents as one of your methods. Since their game is flooded with talents its super cheap there, and they don't have as many ways of getting gems as we do.

Yep, EU is bad for RMTers to make gold or for ppl to buy costume with in game gold but it's WAY better for ppl that actually wanna play the game (i.e: gear to do endgame content).
    Especially now that the dev is asking insane 453 and 455 iLVL to do mid-high tier content, it make way more sense the surplus of enchanting mats that EU got rn.
    This "economy talk" was always a pure fallacy cuz if you're selling golden talents and gems then you're not gearing (and eventually the price of liberated gear will rise too cuz talent shortage)...
    So yeah, on NA you can "farm" more gold cuz 80G talents but you gonna gear way slower and eventually you gonna pay more for gear, so it's a lose-lose for everyone that wanna play the game and not just dress their elins..

You've got a good point. It goes both ways I guess. I was just trying to point out that both regions have their positives and negatives. Some people don't mind a slower progression for making money, and vice versa, or they'd prefer to just make money and then use it to help them gear-up later - or just a nice balance between the two. EUs economy seems way worse though, which can be a bad thing for certain types of players.

And that's why community is important too. If you have a bunch of people pressuring players to be top-tier it'll turn off new/casual players regardless of region, because the game is still 'grindy' when it comes to enhancing to higher tiers.
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    Server merge was a good idea but it got killed when EME pulled the DMCA stunt. More than 50% of the player pop decided to quit NA or transferred to EU as a whole guild. And worse is that EU is smart enough to capitalize on EMEs fall by giving out levelling events, better events, discount on thalers and over all better economy with gold silver talents.

I'm not saying that you were saying this, but EU isn't perfect though. They have their flaws too. Like for instance its more difficult to make money over here than here, especially if you rely on selling talents as one of your methods. Since their game is flooded with talents its super cheap there, and they don't have as many ways of getting gems as we do.

Yep, EU is bad for RMTers to make gold or for ppl to buy costume with in game gold but it's WAY better for ppl that actually wanna play the game (i.e: gear to do endgame content).
    Especially now that the dev is asking insane 453 and 455 iLVL to do mid-high tier content, it make way more sense the surplus of enchanting mats that EU got rn.
    This "economy talk" was always a pure fallacy cuz if you're selling golden talents and gems then you're not gearing (and eventually the price of liberated gear will rise too cuz talent shortage)...
    So yeah, on NA you can "farm" more gold cuz 80G talents but you gonna gear way slower and eventually you gonna pay more for gear, so it's a lose-lose for everyone that wanna play the game and not just dress their elins..

You've got a good point. It goes both ways I guess. I was just trying to point out that both regions have their positives and negatives. Some people don't mind a slower progression for making money, and vice versa, or they'd prefer to just make money and then use it to help them gear-up later - or just a nice balance between the two. EUs economy seems way worse though, which can be a bad thing for certain types of players.

And that's why community is important too. If you have a bunch of people pressuring players to be top-tier it'll turn off new/casual players regardless of region, because the game is still 'grindy' when it comes to enhancing to higher tiers.

Whattt? how is EU worse. Please actually try out EU first. As it has been stated for actually playing the game EU is WAY better and easier to gear. You get decent amount of gold from vanguards. You get around 2.2k per vanguard plus you can sell the vanguard credits for a decent amount of money because there is good stuff in the vanguard credit store. I haven't struggled at all with money in EU and im already in full SC while only playing casually about 2hrs a day for 2.5 weeks while only getting a founders key ($20 gives 4 bank tabs, 8 character slots, 37 days of tera club).

EU easily gives more than x10 the talents NA gives. If you are doing hm dungeons you get 50 ellons token per run. That is equal to 60 golden talents MORE than NA plus other goodies. If you were to sell only the EXTRA items you get you would easily make the same amount of money as you do on NA. On top of that all gearing mats are cheaper to purchase, though I havent had a need to buy any mats, EU gives more than enough.

If you are playing dress up simulation sure NA is by far the best region. Cash shop items are more expensive on EU but I havent really had a need for them. EU has a way better selection on their fashion coupon store so that helps a lot. Also getting inventory expansion is pretty easy on EU so you can use alts as bank tabs

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to those playing on EU. With the claimed super fast gearing, won't you feel you would be done with the current patch way too quickly? As in, you get to that stage of the game where there's "nothing else to do" much earlier, and then you either stop playing or linger in the hubs until the next patch hits.

Sure. NA is much slower right now and could use a bump. But there also needs to be a balance to keep people playing through patches.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Nopi wrote: »
    Question to those playing on EU. With the claimed super fast gearing, won't you feel you would be done with the current patch way too quickly? As in, you get to that stage of the game where there's "nothing else to do" much earlier, and then you either stop playing or linger in the hubs until the next patch hits.

Sure. NA is much slower right now and could use a bump. But there also needs to be a balance to keep people playing through patches.

Not really. Gearing is still slow compared to the old +15 days. It took me a month to reach ilvl 453, but it will probably take me another month to reach ilvl 455 for the newest content. New player that doesn't know how to distribute their time well will probably take longer than me to get there. Then there's also alts to gear. Titles to get. Gear to min max completely after hitting 455 (what like, ilvl 459 is max rn?). It takes a month just to unlock most dungeons. Before it took less than a week to get mid tier gear and unlock all dungeons. So no, I won't get bored fast. Even EU is too slow lol.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    hellno wrote: »
    If you are playing dress up simulation sure NA is by far the best region. Cash shop items are more expensive on EU but I havent really had a need for them. EU has a way better selection on their fashion coupon store so that helps a lot. Also getting inventory expansion is pretty easy on EU so you can use alts as bank tabs

Unlike NA, EU hasn't removed 80% of their tera shop. And they don't have lootboxes like NA does, either. So it's actually possible to just get a costume you want without jumping through loopholes. As someone who enjoys the dress up aspect of this game, I prefer gameforge's way of handling costumes. Also, like you already mentioned, their fashion coupon store is extensive and offers skins that we've wanted here but never received for years.

It's a matter of perspective. The gearing process is not the end of the road for a lot of people who play to beat old dps scores and try to increase their rank on moongourd and such. Most people who bother to get that level of gear, play because they like to see their dps increase and track their progress over time -- something they can't do in the vanilla game NA offers now that they've alienated the modding community. There's also the community aspect. For example, once I finish gearing on EU, I'll probably focus on helping others in my guild gear up as well. I can't do that on NA, because everyone I know has already quit the game. So I think there are aspects of the game that exist beyond the gearing process. Extending it artificially doesn't make people want to play more. People just burn out and leave instead, from what I've seen.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    hellno wrote: »

Whattt? how is EU worse. Please actually try out EU first. As it has been stated for actually playing the game EU is WAY better and easier to gear. You get decent amount of gold from vanguards. You get around 2.2k per vanguard plus you can sell the vanguard credits for a decent amount of money because there is good stuff in the vanguard credit store. I haven't struggled at all with money in EU and im already in full SC while only playing casually about 2hrs a day for 2.5 weeks while only getting a founders key ($20 gives 4 bank tabs, 8 character slots, 37 days of tera club).

EU easily gives more than x10 the talents NA gives. If you are doing hm dungeons you get 50 ellons token per run. That is equal to 60 golden talents MORE than NA plus other goodies. If you were to sell only the EXTRA items you get you would easily make the same amount of money as you do on NA. On top of that all gearing mats are cheaper to purchase, though I havent had a need to buy any mats, EU gives more than enough.

Well I already explained in my post why EU's economy is worse. I'm going off what I've heard from other players who actually play in EU (and had played in NA beforehand), so you might want to take up what you're saying with them.

My main point was that as a whole both regions have their positives and negatives, and that for me EU's positives is not compelling enough for me to drop my founder's account here in NA just to play in a different region I have no business in and where I wouldn't be welcome anyway (a lot don't like NA players), and I think others shouldn't be doing it too. Who knows, maybe EME may get their act together (HA!) and do alot of the good things that EU is doing for their players.

Like actually updating our dressing-room to be complete like EUs for example so that I can uninstall EU version of the game. And of course they could do something to make gearing-up less grindy, but not to the point where the market is saturated.
  • FluffeeyFluffeey
    edited October 2018
    I am glad the dps meters are gone (for the most part).

It gets very petty when DPS meter elitists say "your dps should be 5 mil, not 3 mil you noob." And leave it at that, without any guidance.

Most people play to have fun, not be that perfect chained skilled [filtered] player that is obsessive compulsive about perfect chains and dps timings down to 1/100 of a second ffs.

If the person is trying their best and not being a slacker, then leave them be and guide them.

You can't ever convince me that a player is somehow trying their best to learn without the meter. That's like going through school without ever looking at your grade... maybe your hard work paid off and you were getting A+ for everything.. OR MAYBE you wasted all your effort and got C- across the board.Learn and Respect the game. If you read a guide and roll everything correctly with correct rotation (which isn't actually as strict as you think btw), you will almost always have that acceptable dps most people never flame about. I call it selfishness and lack of respect to the game, and lack of respect of party members who are actually wasting time because of your inflexible moral compass. Get a meter yourself and practice. Don't expect randoms to just teach you. There are class specific discords for class discussion, Essential mana for guides and you can join a fairly large guild to ask for guidance. if you were supposed to do 5m/s and you only did 3m/s with same gear, same party and same class, that's not about perfect chains and dps timing down to 1/100s. Trust me. Most classes rotate through skill priority not chain (dont ever use spacebar lol unless zerk) and are fairly lenient. If somebody does 2 million more than you with same gear, same class and same party setup then you are straight up playing wrong. DPS difference actually shouldn't be in that range, if you follow the guide. Perfect execution of said rotation with their own twist + better ping probably will get them additional 1m/s ish.

Don't ask other people to drop down to meter-less level again when some people just want to 'have fun' (called laziness IRL btw). This isn't decade long dedication like people make it out to be hahaha. If you actively sought out to learn, it'd take you less than 2 months to do end game dps even at [filtered] ping. (Personal experience teaching a friend). I am sorry to say, TERA doesn't have easy and nice learning curve where you can just lay back and relax, if you want to enjoy the content.

Everyone has their own way of having fun and PvE isn't everything. But the way BHS decided to take this game was
    1. kill pvp
    2. streamline dungeons to boss 1 2 3
    3. kill off open world stuff and introduce guardian

So all that's left is PvE with only 3 bosses to kill, which has unnecessarily large HP pool (not even adjusted - KTERA players have talent system for additional damage to burn through those) Only the hard mode has resemblance of mechs and any normal modes can be force healed and facetanked so whats left is dps race. Take dps race out and what do you have? (mass exodus)

Toxicity is from the players, not from the meter. Did you know that we actually had toxic people even before the meter? Wide-spreading of meter only happened around 2015, and people were being toxic over your gear before that. If you want to get discriminated over your gear instead of how actually good you are, be my guest. BTW, people exaggerate how many toxic meter users are around.

1. There are actually very limited number of meter flamers like that, you just think there are a lot because you just had a negative experience, which typically makes you believe all meter users are like that. EME,GF,Hangame and nexon made it clear that they won't directly ban meter but any flamers would get banned if they tried to get toxic with it. Because of this, most people actually tread carefully when it comes to discussing other people's dps.

2. player might actually have a horrible attitude, besides his/her bad dps, to make the said meter user talk about their bad performance - possibly on top of their attitude - remember, you'd have 4 other human beings spending/wasting their precious time with you. My point number 1 is actually quite true. So if you actually blocked the flamer and still manage to constantly get flamed, its literally you that's causing the toxicity.

3. Block and move on. This is like gun control and regulations in USA. it's way too late to ban it. And in fact, most people make this a big deal but this was hardly an issue. You can report and block.. kill meter off, kill end gamer population off, you are left with LKNM advertisements and WTS lfgs
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭

The grind is already way to long so even though amount EU shortens it imo is barely enough. I miss the days it was pretty easy to play and gear alts and have time for other things in game then focus mostly on gearing.
    Well I already explained in my post why EU's economy is worse. I'm going off what I've heard from other players who actually play in EU (and had played in NA beforehand), so you might want to take up what you're saying with them.

My main point was that as a whole both regions have their positives and negatives, and that for me EU's positives is not compelling enough for me to drop my founder's account here in NA just to play in a different region I have no business in and where I wouldn't be welcome anyway (a lot don't like NA players), and I think others shouldn't be doing it too. Who knows, maybe EME may get their act together (HA!) and do alot of the good things that EU is doing for their players.

Like actually updating our dressing-room to be complete like EUs for example so that I can uninstall EU version of the game. And of course they could do something to make gearing-up less grindy, but not to the point where the market is saturated.

I dont get where the misconception of EU players not wanting NA players is coming from. EU players have all been pretty welcoming. There was a ton of guilds recruiting refugees and helping us all out. My friends and I each joined a different guild while leveling and they were all nice to us and helped answer all our questions (mainly about the differences between EU and NA).

As for if people should leave or not it really depends on the person. Some of my friends are T10 in NA and left just because they were tired of being treated like [filtered] as a player. I myself am enjoying EU, but deep down wishing NA can learn from what EU is doing and make a come back. I highly doubt that can ever happen though, and the steps EME is taking are way to small for how far they have driven themselves in the grave.
  • Vy1Vivi wrote: »

The players at Europe or whoever went there are enchanted by the fact that if they get more golden talents which suprisingly have less value then enchanting/upgrading overall must be faster but then of course that it is faster and easier when you rush up to +0SC with 100% enchant chance up to +0FM and then 50% enchant chance up to +0SC with the talents covering most of the expenses but then the same players might notice that gearing from +0SC up to +7SC and beyond is a different experience.. eventually reaching the point where it is almost identical with the North America version ( another detail about EU vs. NA is that at least at NA we can skip the entire enchanting/upgrading system if we want and buy the weapons/armor directly at a price that it is actually reasonable considering the economy behind but we cannot do the same at EU since it is not reasonable considering the economy behind ).

Then comes that fact that some items are almost unreachable at EU and so on..

Anyway, each with his own.

These days i am having a lot of fun doing CS/FWC at NA and on top of it i also make quite the profit ( if the dungeon will get buffed a bit then we are good to go.. ).
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »

The players at Europe or whoever went there are enchanted by the fact that if they get more golden talents which suprisingly have less value then enchanting/upgrading overall must be faster but then of course that it is faster and easier when you rush up to +0SC with 100% enchant chance up to +0FM and then 50% enchant chance up to +0SC with the talents covering most of the expenses but then the same players might notice that gearing from +0SC up to +7SC and beyond is a different experience.. eventually reaching the point where it is almost identical with the North America version ( another detail about EU vs. NA is that at least at NA we can skip the entire enchanting/upgrading system if we want and buy the weapons/armor directly at a price that it is actually reasonable considering the economy behind but we cannot do the same at EU since it is not reasonable considering the economy behind ).

These days i am having a lot of fun doing CS/FWC at NA and on top of it i also make quite the profit ( if the dungeon will get buffed a bit then we are good to go.. ).

You explained it much better than I ever could. Despite people in EU having an easier time enhancing than NA, it can become a major grind later on in the tiers regardless of the region which is something BHS should address about the game as a whole. Being able to buy already enhanced SC gear, or just SC gear is an option certainly; like for instance I'm saving up for my SC weapon. But you're right 'to each their own.'

Its great that they added worthwhile rewards to the BGs. More people are doing them now certainly compared to before. And it'd be great if they could buff the dungeons in the same regard too - it'd be a nice step in a positive direction.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭

If selling talents is your goal or source of generating in-game gold, then you are either playing the game wrong or playing the wrong game. Talents are a necessity and are used to enchant gear and progress. The supply simply can't keep up with the demand, hence the reason why talents are so expensive here. If you are selling your talents for gold, then you must be already geared in heroic and don't need the talents any more (Not a lot of people have full heroic). Or you are not gearing at all and just farm talents on iod to sell for some virtual currency to buy virtual costumes (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Gearing to stormcry or heroic requires time in NA and EU, but it is definitely a lot easier on EU. Because you don't have this bottleneck in talents there. You get talents in dungeons with elleon marks and they have weekend events that gives out metamorphic chests for dungeons. You can get gems from doing guardian quests and gold from vanguards just like in NA. You pretty much have all the materials you need to enchant as long as you play the game and really don't need to buy your mats from broker with gold. But here on NA, the only reliable source of talents is to grind iod for bams. You can buy gear on broker directly and prices are very similar but how many players actually have millions of gold in their bank?

Even if you are already in stormcry here on NA, you might actually gear up faster on EU even if you have to start over. If NA doesn't address the talent issue quickly, the game won't last much longer.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭

You explained it much better than I ever could. Despite people in EU having an easier time enhancing than NA, it can become a major grind later on in the tiers regardless of the region which is something BHS should address about the game as a whole. Being able to buy already enhanced SC gear, or just SC gear is an option certainly; like for instance I'm saving up for my SC weapon. But you're right 'to each their own.'

Its great that they added worthwhile rewards to the BGs. More people are doing them now certainly compared to before. And it'd be great if they could buff the dungeons in the same regard too - it'd be a nice step in a positive direction.

It's nice that they added more rewards to BGs but they also need to address the sync queue problem. Some people are abusing this and eventually people with just stop queuing them. They can create a separate BG where premades are allowed.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    P2W wrote: »

Gearing to stormcry or heroic requires time in NA and EU, but it is definitely a lot easier on EU. Because you don't have this bottleneck in talents there. You get talents in dungeons with elleon marks and they have weekend events that gives out metamorphic chests for dungeons. You can get gems from doing guardian quests and gold from vanguards just like in NA. You pretty much have all the materials you need to enchant as long as you play the game and really don't need to buy your mats from broker with gold. But here on NA, the only reliable source of talents is to grind iod for bams.

I can see that you are not playing the game that much.

Have you done CS/FWC lately on NA?

Also, i am not farming/selling golden talents to generate gold and buy costumes because my main income until now was actually from guardians legions/crafting and i am saying until now because CS/FWC started to be more popular and things changed ( by the way, i am enchanting my Gunner/Ninja after playing Priest/Brawler for so much time and with that said i will end up with about five characters that have +7SC or better because i also want to try a Valkyrie for PvE sometimes later ).

My point about golden talents was and still is that if they are more in quantity but at less value then that does not entirely mean that enchanting/upgrading is so much faster when there are other things that need to be included such as gems for example.. But if there is one thing that i can agree with about golden talents and darics/plates in general is that the dungeons at North America need to give much more of those ( adding talents/darics/plates at the dungeon coin shop for decent prices can help with that ).
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    P2W wrote: »

Gearing to stormcry or heroic requires time in NA and EU, but it is definitely a lot easier on EU. Because you don't have this bottleneck in talents there. You get talents in dungeons with elleon marks and they have weekend events that gives out metamorphic chests for dungeons. You can get gems from doing guardian quests and gold from vanguards just like in NA. You pretty much have all the materials you need to enchant as long as you play the game and really don't need to buy your mats from broker with gold. But here on NA, the only reliable source of talents is to grind iod for bams.

I can see that you are not playing the game that much.

Have you done CS/FWC lately on NA?

Also, i am not farming/selling golden talents to generate gold and buy costumes because my main income until now was actually from guardians legions/crafting and i am saying until now because CS/FWC started to be more popular and things changed ( by the way, i am enchanting my Gunner/Ninja after playing Priest/Brawler for so much time and with that said i will end up with about five characters that have +7SC or better because i also want to try a Valkyrie for PvE sometimes later ).

My point about golden talents was and still is that if they are more in quantity but at less value then that does not entirely mean that enchanting/upgrading is so much faster when there are other things that need to be included such as gems for example.. But if there is one thing that i can agree with about golden talents and darics/plates in general is that the dungeons at North America need to give much more of those ( adding talents/darics/plates at the dungeon coin shop for decent prices can help with that ).

Nope, I don't do battlegrounds because I don't PVP. And even if I do PVP, I refuse to queue BGs until they fix the sync queue problem because I don't want to deal with this.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29585/why-is-sync-que-still-a-thing-in-bg