[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Questions about proxy, what was the conclusion to the drama now that it's the 19th?

13»

Comments

• DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Early September I started out on EU. I already played briefly in 2016 so I had a warrior and a priest at 65. I geared both of them in twist and I bought myself a founders key for the elite, 4 bank slots and 8 char slots for an easier start. Fast forward a month. Warrior is in +8 sc weapon and +4 chest/gloves/boots (so close to 453!!!), priest is in early sc. The only bottleneck so far has been pp. I can't gear because I don't want to spend gold on crafters cures. I buy them with my vg points. It's insane how fast gearing is here. I basically started from scratch.

EU has p2w items in their cash shop, yes. But they balance it out by making everything much more easily obtainable ingame. NA however? They have p2w items as well! Yet they are still reluctant to give their players an easier chance to gear ingame.
    EU got the correct mindset about how gearing should be done on Apex2 patch, NA is is currently all messed up, in fact cuz no more perma double VG/ meta tokens on VGs now it's slower to gear than back in october/2018 when SC+9 is BIS, which make absolutely no sense!
    On Apex 2 453 iLVL is needed for both Grotto NM and Dark Citadel HM, they're not endgame dungeons!
    Heck, if you ask me neither Grotto HM ( a 4 star 455 iLVL dungeon) is the true endgame dungeon, they'll soon release a 5 start 456 iLVL (Heroic gear) dungeon!
    So, 453 iLVL (Full SC+7?) should be a LOT easier for any semi dedicated player to attain cuz it's more like a bit abover mid-tier now!

On NA, prob a new player starting from scratch will spend the majority of the patch just gearing to 453 so they can run measily mid-tier dungeon lol.
    Even if EME return to the old perma double VG with ocasional triple VG event, gearing will still be slower than EU!

I don't mind if H0+2~3 is insanely expensive cuz it's BIS gear and it's still not needed for any content, but SC+7~+9? C'mon, a fkn base 25% chance w/ 88 plates 3 diamonds and prob 65-80k tokens each try needed for "mid-tier" gear where we need to wait 3 week for 224 talents per IOD VG is pure [filtered].
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    EU got the correct mindset about how gearing should be done on Apex2 patch, NA is is currently all messed up, in fact cuz no more perma double VG/ meta tokens on VGs now it's slower to gear than back in october/2018 when SC+9 is BIS, which make absolutely no sense!
    On Apex 2 453 iLVL is needed for both Grotto NM and Dark Citadel HM, they're not endgame dungeons!
    Heck, if you ask me neither Grotto HM ( a 4 star 455 iLVL dungeon) is the true endgame dungeon, they'll soon release a 5 start 456 iLVL (Heroic gear) dungeon!
    So, 453 iLVL (Full SC+7?) should be a LOT easier for any semi dedicated player to attain cuz it's more like a bit abover mid-tier now!

On NA, prob a new player starting from scratch will spend the majority of the patch just gearing to 453 so they can run measily mid-tier dungeon lol.
    Even if EME return to the old perma double VG with ocasional triple VG event, gearing will still be slower than EU!

I don't mind if H0+2~3 is insanely expensive cuz it's BIS gear and it's still not needed for any content, but SC+7~+9? C'mon, a fkn base 25% chance w/ 88 plates 3 diamonds and prob 65-80k tokens each try needed for "mid-tier" gear where we need to wait 3 week for 224 talents per IOD VG is pure [filtered].

Your explanation gives me deja vu from another EME published game. Namely, Kritika. When I was playing there, they kept editing the game towards not only long grind, but extremely difficult super powered bosses as well. I played the SEA version of that game and everything was very easy to get and stages and bosses were incredibly easy in comparison. And the game gave you a lot of materials you wouldn't even see in the NA version. I'm finally starting to see a trend here. Someone with decision power at EME seems to like very difficult games and ridiculously long grinds.... Wonder if they are doing the same to Closers.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Early September I started out on EU. I already played briefly in 2016 so I had a warrior and a priest at 65. I geared both of them in twist and I bought myself a founders key for the elite, 4 bank slots and 8 char slots for an easier start. Fast forward a month. Warrior is in +8 sc weapon and +4 chest/gloves/boots (so close to 453!!!), priest is in early sc. The only bottleneck so far has been pp. I can't gear because I don't want to spend gold on crafters cures. I buy them with my vg points. It's insane how fast gearing is here. I basically started from scratch.

EU has p2w items in their cash shop, yes. But they balance it out by making everything much more easily obtainable ingame. NA however? They have p2w items as well! Yet they are still reluctant to give their players an easier chance to gear ingame.

Well, considering that it is needed around 130k item experience from +0FM up to +8SC then i can only believe that you went pretty hardcore clearing so many dungeons and battlegrounds per day to get only all that item experience making me to ask when you did you had time to actually farm the gold needed for the gems considering that enchanting gets more expensive after +0SC? Also, I can understand that you got showered with talents and you were able to craft them through vanguard crafter cures but then i beg to ask how did you get your elite which is 300k and how did you pay another 150k for daric/plate design plus the countless Artisan Refining Kits to be able to run so many dungeons/battlegrounds and craft so many darics/plates to enchant so much gear?

Did you went p2w or did you went full hardcore? Regardless, can you say that any player can achieve what you achieved playing normally on Europe or did you went out of the ordinary? I am curious because i played normally on North America making around 100k per day for around one month and a half and i was able to buy a full +8SC boots/gloves and +9SC weapon/chest brawler set with IV etchings for 4.5mil gold to prepare ahead for the elin brawler that will come sometimes later ( as example: yesterday FWC popped like crazy and i was able to make 100k+ only from that plus another 50k from crafting silver plates while AFK so it was even better than normal ).

Can you buy a full +8SC mixed with +9SC set on on Europe? and for how much gold? or how much it would realistically take to normally farm all that gold needed?

Anyway, i have said so many times that each region has its own pros and cons and none is really above any other though i still agree up to a certain point that North America is struggling with talents and there should be more sources available ( improving battlegrounds was a good start to convince players to want to get involved but dungeons also need a look )

p.s. still hoping that the proxy issue will be solved somehow
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    you had time to actually farm the gold needed for the gems considering that enchanting gets more expensive after +0SC?

Yes. First when I hit frostmetal I did ssn a lot for the quatrefoil. I was probably doing 6/8 ssn per day on warrior and 2 on priest. I did ghillie daily, I sold all the things I could, crafter cures/combat accelerators/strong braveries from ghillie. Sold all of the stuff I bought with vg points, some crystals and 4k crafter cures. All the things I lucked out with. I pushed to frost +7 to get ilvl 446 and I started with harder dungeons. At that point I started doing slaying guardians and a lot of other dungeons. Got a golden daric and emerald recipe.
    i beg to ask how did you get your elite which is 300k and how did you pay another 150k for daric/plate design plus the countless Artisan Refining Kits to be able to run so many dungeons/battlegrounds and craft so many darics/plates to enchant so much gear?

Simple, I just sell half the stuff I earn. I usually sell half of my emeralds and all the consumables I mentioned above. I earned probably over 1 million ever since I started playing. Bought quite a few costumes already.
    Did you went p2w or did you went full hardcore? Regardless, can you say that any player can achieve what you achieved playing normally on Europe or did you went out of the ordinary?
    Full hardcore pretty much besides the founders which is basically elite and bank slots. Anyone with a nice amount of free time can achieve this. I didn't completely no-life this I still have daily obligations and classes and stuff. I even know some people that are progressing faster.

I'm too lazy to check gear prices but from what I've seen prices aren't drastically different from NA.
    edited October 2018
    My point is that it might seem as if gearing is faster at Europe because players get more golden talents and they can enchant so much faster up to +0FM and then even up to +0SC but then it gets harder and harder eventually ending up with the same effort done at North America. Actually it is arguable if the effort is the same because one golden talent costs 10g at Europe while one golden talent costs 60g at North America but i doubt that players at Europe get x6 more golden talents to balance the scales in terms of gold gained and especially since the double vanguard bonus is now more frequent at North America meaning that in the end it might prove that it is actually harder to enchant/upgrade at Europe compared to North America.

Anyway, the funny thing is that now Fraywind Canyon is a money maker at North America but what about Europe? I am asking because yesterday for example i was able to make around 70k from Fraywind considering that it was a Monday and another 20k from crafting silver plates while AFK.. But on top of that the up coming week end will be a blast with the extra bonuses ( i expect to get x2 dragons on my soon to come elin brawler for that sweet crit power bonus in around twelve days of PvP ).

Also, we will get Black Friday sometimes later and i can save up on gold from selling so many talents then buy all that i want even if the EMP prices will sky rocket because i will still end up on the plus side.. but then again can you do that on Europe? Can you save this chunk of gold from farming talents and be able to spend as much as you want at Black Friday?

p.s. the more i think about it.. the less i want to switch NA for EU
    @HLK76PFWXT
    Well I've just proven to you with my example that it indeed is faster. Like two thirds faster.

There are fwc and cs jackpot days in eu as well, that hand out decent rewards.

Every Sunday (sometimes every second) eu does a "happy hour" which lasts for a day where you get 20, 30, 35% more tera thalers (their emp) than you usually would per purchase. People sell and buy emp a lot all throughout the week thanks to that. Broker is healthy as well and nobody tries to heavily overprice costumes. All in all I'm much happier with eus economy and events and gearing speed compared to NA. It almost feels like a private server due to how enjoyable it is.
    edited October 2018
    What about removing the superficial talk and actually give me some data? Like how did you get a priest and warrior at Europe and how much did it take to gear them up to make them relevant for farming? Did it took up to one week only for that out of the entire month that you talked about leaving you with other three weeks? Then do you have any other characters or those are the only two that you used? And what did you run when you had your characters ready for farming? Actually, what is the time played overall that helped you to acquire +8SC weapon and +4SC Chest/Gloves/Boots on your warrior? I am only guessing but since you have said that you have ran so many dungeons per day both as solo and party and you did this and that needing up to 130k item experience for the weapon then i can consider that you have at least 150hrs up to 200hrs played during that one month that it took you to acquire the items that you have listed.

Like two thirds faster.

How many hours do you think that someone experienced and dedicated as you can get the same gear at North America with the same hours invested?

Also, to keep this on topic about the proxy then i can share a change that i have noticed these days:

Pit of Petrax: Season 1 for Priest or better said before 16th October:

X1ddNPH.jpg

Pit of Petrax: Season 2 for Priest or better said after 16th October:

iHcv9FF.jpg

This might not mean that much but if there were so many absurd kills at Pit of Petrax which had a public leaderboard then i can only imagine how many indulged into a very expensive and exquisite life that normally would not be possible since they could go "far beyond the human capabilities" to quote someone and achieve such great feats at many other dungeons and battlegrounds.

Hopefully, there will be some fixes and we might be able to enjoy a legit and interesting experience with many players being able to fix the ping issues.

p.s. you could try to share some screenshots with the leaderboards from EU to see how proxy goes there since i heard that it is "allowed"
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    What about removing the superficial talk and actually give me some data? Like how did you get a priest and warrior at Europe and how much did it take to gear them up to make them relevant for farming? Did it took up to one week only for that out of the entire month that you talked about leaving you with other three weeks? Then do you have any other characters or those are the only two that you used? And what did you run when you had your characters ready for farming? Actually, what is the time played overall that helped you to acquire +8SC weapon and +4SC Chest/Gloves/Boots on your warrior? I am only guessing but since you have said that you have ran so many dungeons per day both as solo and party and you did this and that needing up to 130k item experience for the weapon then i can consider that you have at least 150hrs up to 200hrs played during that one month that it took you to acquire the items that you have listed.

Like two thirds faster.

How many hours do you think that someone experienced and dedicated as you can get the same gear at North America with the same hours invested?

Also, to keep this on topic about the proxy then i can share a change that i have noticed these days:

X1ddNPH.jpg

iHcv9FF.jpg

This might not mean that much but if there were so many absurd kills at Pit of Petrax which had a public leaderboard then i can only imagine how many indulged into a very expensive and exquisite life that normally would not be possible since they could go "far beyond the human capabilities" to quote someone and achieve such great feats at many other dungeons and battlegrounds.

Hopefully, there will be some fixes and we might be able to enjoy a legit and interesting experience with many players being able to fix the ping issues.

p.s. you could try to share some screenshots with the leaderboards from EU to see how proxy goes there since i heard that it is "allowed"

Not sure what "data" you are looking for here. Let's see, the about of gem from guardian quest, item xp and goid (from vanguards), and mats drop from dungeons are the same both regions. The success chance is also the same in both regions. But you get a lot more talents with elleon marks and metamorphic chests from weekend events. You don't have the bottleneck in talents and mats on EU like you have on NA. And they also have frequent leveling events that gives out free twisthard gear, complete set if daylight accessories, and a superior brooch.

Back to the proxy, the proxy is just as "allowed" on EU as it is on NA right now. EME actually wanted to hire the "hacker" to fix their game after the backlash from the DMCA but got rejected by the "hacker". The DMCA was about the xigncode bypass and was never about getting rid of the hackers. The only thing it got rid of was a significant portion of their player base.

Like two thirds faster.

Superficial talk? I've given you a timeline. 3 months of hardcore playing on NA with all the possible benefits etc vs 1 month (uh sorry, 1 month and one week :joy:) of hardcore playing on EU with no mats advantage etc resulted in me being better geared on EU.

When I came back to EU back in september I already had a 65 priest and warrior back from 2016. Of course they started from guardian since their previous gear was obsolete. That was like a 2-3 day head-start considering that's how long it takes to level a character.
    Gearing up to twist/frost honestly feels like it took the longest but it probably didn't, probably around a week. I only had those two characters at the time (now I have a mystic and gunner which are currently just ghillie bots).

Here's my dungeon runs on both characters. I won't include my playtime since it's inaccurate, considering I've been playing in 2016 for a few months and I don't remember what it was at when I came back. What's missing is 70 runs off ssn and around 15 runs of ssh in total.
    QYqkMHa.jpg

Now as for item xp, over the course I've been playing eu did events where guardians would give you extra xp and 300 golden talents once you finished all 40 for around total of 6 days, and they did a bonus xp event from dungeons as well which helped me a lot. They also hand out 20% xp boosts and 10% xp boosts pretty often so I've had a lot of help there as well.

Accurate playtime would be around there seeing as I play tera a lot daily.
  • VirtualONVirtualON ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Like two thirds faster.

X1ddNPH.jpg

iHcv9FF.jpg

I suggest you stop talking if you are so clueless. The Pit timer changed radically because BHS changed how competitive Pit timer is calculated in the newest patch. NOT because of proxy LMAO.

The enchanting boxes in EU's Elleon Tokens gives a lot of talent ALONG WITH random enchanting mats (5x Ash or 5x Copper or 5x Artisan) AND gems. That's why they have plenty of gems and mats together with a surplus of talents. Pure gold cost can be EASILY covered by VG rewards. And best of all, they don't have to touch IoD bams, like ever.

The fact that you are from EU and yet still chose to play on a far inferior region and with higher ping, all the while fanatically trying to defend a piece of garbage like EME is just too pitiful.

But the best thing from EU is that they release several custom extreme dungeons per year for their players to enjoy, all of which are [filtered] fun and rewarding. I gave up on EME after EU had got DSEM, which literally all endgame NA players crave.
    edited October 2018
    I forgot about this thread.

I am thinking about it and now something comes into my mind which is " We love you Tera players " from the all known letter given on the North America version along other promises.

What happened? Now Europe has opened a test server for the talent system while North America has even more costumes and interestingly enough the PC players are encouraged to try the Console version.

I am at loss.

p.s. it is sad to see that the Console version is more important