[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Player pop concerns

Comments

• I don't think the main reason for people jumping over to tera eu because its better there, one of the main reasons is how eme totally ignores the na players. when they do try to make up for it, its through lootboxes and nerfed materials. when you try to have a civil discussion about stuff going on, they close and delete the posts. I think people finally got tired of it all, at least that's what I gather from reading the posts.
    as I have said time after time, its their game, their rules, but when everyone leaves , then they are the kings of nothing. hopefully they will start listening to the few remaining players before the rest leave. we may be getting a few new players here and there, but keeping them is a different story. why do you think we have only 2 servers now.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    First I'd like to say it's exactly what @allofspaceandtime said. To me it's not just about EU tera being miles better when it comes to gearing (which I'll get to in a moment for all of you money freaks), it's about EME treating us like trash and straight up making fools out of us while showing how little they understand about the game. They have a serious lack of respect and expect us to still play their [filtered] region. Nu-uh.

@HLK76PFWXT
    The players at Europe or whoever went there are enchanted by the fact that if they get more golden talents which suprisingly have less value then enchanting/upgrading overall must be faster but then of course that it is faster and easier when you rush up to +0SC with 100% enchant chance up to +0FM and then 50% enchant chance up to +0SC with the talents covering most of the expenses but then the same players might notice that gearing from +0SC up to +7SC and beyond is a different experience..
    Ah yes, you conveniently ignore me telling you I geared up to +8 sc in a month in another thread and you come here and lie to people saying that going to +7 is a different experience. Lmao.

Making money on eu is easy, if not easier than on NA because you don't have to give up so much of your own progress in order to make money. Here are daric/plate prices, they're still high enough to get very good profit from crafting them. Gems are also at a decent price, I sell my emeralds at 1440 per and diamonds easily sell at 14250 from what I've seen as well.
    EdiWNTF.png

Buying sc is also a viable option, plenty of people sell +7 sc and from when I started playing I would've made enough money to buy a weapon and like gloves. Although I'd recommend this option of gearing not to newbies but to people that want to skip progress on an alt. I constantly see WTS/WTB +7/8/9 whatever in trade and lfg so idk which [filtered] you're pulling this info from.

Literally the only EU negative (bank and char slots) is solved by a founders pack, everything else is miles ahead from NA. I feel like you're just rationalizing EME's bad menagement not to me, but to yourself by typing these posts because personally I've experienced BOTH regions unlike you. And I know which region is superior. And I was a tier 7 player with hundreds of costumes and good gear. But I couldn't stand EME anymore and I found a much better home. Of course I think it helps that I'm actually european and have better ping there.
  • VirtualONVirtualON ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    NA is better because I can farm IoD all day and make money while having a ton of fun without all the headache of failing to enchant my gear (because I don't enchant).

/s

PS : Typical white-knight superbrain logic.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    NGCH34R4FN wrote: »
    Server merge was a good idea but it got killed when EME pulled the DMCA stunt. More than 50% of the player pop decided to quit NA or transferred to EU as a whole guild. And worse is that EU is smart enough to capitalize on EMEs fall by giving out levelling events, better events, discount on thalers and over all better economy with gold silver talents.

I'm not saying that you were saying this, but EU isn't perfect though. They have their flaws too. Like for instance its more difficult to make money over here than here, especially if you rely on selling talents as one of your methods. Since their game is flooded with talents its super cheap there, and they don't have as many ways of getting gems as we do.

Yep, EU is bad for RMTers to make gold or for ppl to buy costume with in game gold but it's WAY better for ppl that actually wanna play the game (i.e: gear to do endgame content).
    Especially now that the dev is asking insane 453 and 455 iLVL to do mid-high tier content, it make way more sense the surplus of enchanting mats that EU got rn.
    This "economy talk" was always a pure fallacy cuz if you're selling golden talents and gems then you're not gearing (and eventually the price of liberated gear will rise too cuz talent shortage)...
    So yeah, on NA you can "farm" more gold cuz 80G talents but you gonna gear way slower and eventually you gonna pay more for gear, so it's a lose-lose for everyone that wanna play the game and not just dress their elins..

You've got a good point. It goes both ways I guess. I was just trying to point out that both regions have their positives and negatives. Some people don't mind a slower progression for making money, and vice versa, or they'd prefer to just make money and then use it to help them gear-up later - or just a nice balance between the two. EUs economy seems way worse though, which can be a bad thing for certain types of players.

And that's why community is important too. If you have a bunch of people pressuring players to be top-tier it'll turn off new/casual players regardless of region, because the game is still 'grindy' when it comes to enhancing to higher tiers.

You don't need a lot off gold to enchant once you hit frostmetal. The gold you get from vanguuard rewards is sufficient to cover then enchanting cost. Talents and other mats are easy to get from dungeons and elleons mark. So I'm not exactly sure what you are "saving" the gold for?

The only thing that turns off new/casual players is forcing them grind mindlessly on iod for talents. But wait, if they claim all 16 daily VGs from iod, they cant get the VGs from dungeons runs. So you are forcing them to chose between talent but no mats and gold from dungeon runs or having mats and gold from dungeons but no talents.

Talents, mats, gems, and gold are easily accessible for everyone and you don't need to grind for talents or buy them from the broker. EUs economy is only bad for players that are fully geared or not gearing at all and they can't make gold from playing the broker. But if you are not using gold to enchant your gear, then what exactly are you "saving" the gold for?
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Usually don't mind finding 2 randoms on LFG for a dungeon run, but that's becoming more of a problem since there are much less-quality people playing these days due to EME crushing down most of the well-minded ppl. Those kinds of ppl know when to stop supporting EME and feels no incentive to play. We've been playing other games lately and less on TERA because of this. Sooner or later, probably just move on for good cause EME just wants us to keep holding on for years for them to do something.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    P2W wrote: »

Nope, I don't do battlegrounds because I don't PVP. And even if I do PVP, I refuse to queue BGs until they fix the sync queue problem because I don't want to deal with this.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29585/why-is-sync-que-still-a-thing-in-bg

pvp in NA is more important than ever as a source of income to gear up. Just check the rewards they give, both from the BGs themselves and the related vanguards. To some, it's like 60% or more of their current income.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »

Nope, I don't do battlegrounds because I don't PVP. And even if I do PVP, I refuse to queue BGs until they fix the sync queue problem because I don't want to deal with this.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29585/why-is-sync-que-still-a-thing-in-bg

pvp in NA is more important than ever as a source of income to gear up. Just check the rewards they give, both from the BGs themselves and the related vanguards. To some, it's like 60% or more of their current income.

Which is also why some people are exploiting the broken queue system. And why aren't there better ways to get enchanting mats in pve? There are a lot of people that don't want to pvp or don't have the gear to pvp in battlegrounds. And BHS need to fix the queue system, maybe interleave the queue as someone in the other thread suggested or split the teams based on their rankings and/or gear level.

• HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    CornishRex, the fact that one Emerald costs 1440g and one Diamond costs 14250g while golden talents sell at 10g each proves something that i kept saying until now and that is "you get more talents at less value but you have to pay so much more for gems to be able to enchant/upgrade". And for the sake of comparison.. one Emerald costs 1150g at North America and one Diamond costs 11.500 gold.

Also, for the sake of arguing.. you guys keep talking left and right about golden talents but i have seen that the silver plates cost at Europe almost as much as at North America and then i beg to ask how do you guys get your silver talents? Because if the silver plates go at 600g each then i am going to wildly guess that silver talents are not so easy to get as much as the golden talents and you are getting another poor conversion besides the golden talents into gems. PLus, since we are talking about talents then i have to add that the boxes from the CS/FWC battlegrounds were improved at North America and now we can get 80 talents when opening those boxes on top of the fact that we can get 45 golden talents per win and 15 golden talents per loss with the bellicarium credits during a normal day that surprisingly has pretty good queues ( it goes up to 75 talents per win and 30 talents per loss during the week end where there are extra bonuses for battlegrounds )... So Europe looks to have its fair share of pros and cons as North America has with the thought in mind that the dungeons truly need a great improvement at North America though En Masse lacks "experience and etiquette" when dealing with many different situations that are many times fragile and need so much delicate attention in their own way.. But it might improve after all.

And both publishers see and treat us in the same way going for the same objective but GameForge has more "experience and etiquette" which is probably acquired from the past with many games that they published ( they used to have a really nasty reputation some four years ago which made me to start playing at North America ).

p.s. the only reason that i see so far about moving to Europe can be mostly connected with better ping for whoever lives in the area
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    CornishRex, the fact that one Emerald costs 1440g and one Diamond costs 14250g while golden talents sell at 10g each proves something that i kept saying until now and that is "you get more talents at less value but you have to pay so much more for gems to be able to enchant/upgrade". And for the sake of comparison.. one Emerald costs 1150g at North America and one Diamond costs 11.500 gold.

But that's good. That's a sign of a healthy economy. Because you don't lose out gold on crafting costs and pp.
    how do you guys get your silver talents?
    Elite get like 10 daily and usually leveling events give a 100 of them or something, the rest is the same as EU, bg boxes mostly. I think their cost is currently 70~ish gold per silver talent.

As for bg's, EU has normal boxes on top of extra boxes you receive per win that can reward diamonds and other stuff as well so I'd say both regions are the same when it comes to battlegrounds.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭

Also, for the sake of arguing.. you guys keep talking left and right about golden talents but i have seen that the silver plates cost at Europe almost as much as at North America and then i beg to ask how do you guys get your silver talents? Because if the silver plates go at 600g each then i am going to wildly guess that silver talents are not so easy to get as much as the golden talents and you are getting another poor conversion besides the golden talents into gems. PLus, since we are talking about talents then i have to add that the boxes from the CS/FWC battlegrounds were improved at North America and now we can get 80 talents when opening those boxes on top of the fact that we can get 45 golden talents per win and 15 golden talents per loss with the bellicarium credits during a normal day that surprisingly has pretty good queues ( it goes up to 75 talents per win and 30 talents per loss during the week end where there are extra bonuses for battlegrounds )... So Europe looks to have its fair share of pros and cons as North America has with the thought in mind that the dungeons truly need a great improvement at North America though En Masse lacks "experience and etiquette" when dealing with many different situations that are many times fragile and need so much delicate attention in their own way..

And both publishers see and treat us in the same way going for the same objective but GameForge has more "experience and etiquette" which is probably acquired from the past with many games that they published ( they used to have a really nasty reputation some four years ago which made me to start playing at North America ).

p.s. the only reason that i see so far about moving to Europe can be mostly connected with better ping for whoever lives in the area

You seem to be trying real hard defending EME. First, you normally don't sell talents to buy gems because you get gems from guardian quests. And because talents are hard to get here on NA, if you sell the talents for gold or gem, you probably wouldn't have enough talents to enchant your gear.

Also silver talents prices are the same on both regions and since they have leveling events that also give daylight accessories, you don't need to use silver talents/plates until you have enough xp and mats to upgrade to entropy.

You seem to be concerned more about making "gold" but the gold from vanguards are enough to cover the enchanting cost. The other materials are easily accessible where you don't need to get them from the broker. What are you spending all these "gold" you earned from the broker on?
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    I still don't see any reason in particular of why it would be worth leaving NA to play on EU. This isn't about 'white-knighting' EME, but from what I've seen I'm not impressed and don't agree that EU is so superior to NA.

The only things I've seen from EU that I wish we had in NA is the fact that EU has a lot more events, their cash shop is better, and their dressing room is up to date. Everyone keeps talking about how much easier it is to gear up in EU, and that's nice, but not worth me dropping my founder account and hard work in NA to start anew in a region I have no business playing in anyway. Despite how many more resources you have at your disposal, you'll have to deal with RNG anyway later on when enhancing SC+. That could also be the difference for someone in NA being able to gear themselves in full SC+ within two months or twice as long.

If BHS could do something to modify the enhancement system a bit overall so that it isn't so much of a ridiculous grind then this nonsensical back and forth between which region is better wouldn't even need to exist. Yeah EME has been making a lot of bad decisions, but GF wasn't always perfect either.
  • @P2W if sync queue not around people can still party queue? Same thing with group of heavily gear and coordinate players on one team, and sometime team queue has 2 party on one side and 0 on the other, Sync queue is not some unstoppable forceyou can not penetrate,

1. Make your own sync queue!
    2. Queue as soon as game ends and end up on sync queue team!
    3. Try to join their sync queue by being decent at a role and significant in some way!

You choose to ignore and not recognize bgs even though it is one of the biggest talent and resource generator at the moment and criticize things outside of pvping which of course are suboptimal. You choose to ignore the other half of the game and blame what 50% you choose to play?

Again sync queue sucks for the outsider but it is really easy to play around it. As long as you are actually trying you shouldn't have to worry, I play a lot of bgs the past week and make 1k golden talent pretty easily! 10 wins a day also give you enough bell credit to buy whatever mat you need.

• P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    73K5HJREXP wrote: »
    @P2W if sync queue not around people can still party queue? Same thing with group of heavily gear and coordinate players on one team, and sometime team queue has 2 party on one side and 0 on the other, Sync queue is not some unstoppable forceyou can not penetrate,

1. Make your own sync queue!
    2. Queue as soon as game ends and end up on sync queue team!
    3. Try to join their sync queue by being decent at a role and significant in some way!

You choose to ignore and not recognize bgs even though it is one of the biggest talent and resource generator at the moment and criticize things outside of pvping which of course are suboptimal. You choose to ignore the other half of the game and blame what 50% you choose to play?

Again sync queue sucks for the outsider but it is really easy to play around it. As long as you are actually trying you shouldn't have to worry, I play a lot of bgs the past week and make 1k golden talent pretty easily! 10 wins a day also give you enough bell credit to buy whatever mat you need.

If the queue was truly random or teams are split based on their gear anb/or rankings, and I somehow ended up on the losing team, then I got nothing to blame but my skill and/or rng. I also have no problem if BHS comes out with a version of the BGs that allows premades. But the problem is a team of coordinated players exploited the queue system and take advantage of a random uncoordinated team. And now you see the reason why BGs are dead outside of events.

Just like how pvp players should not have to play pve content to gear up, pve players should not be forced to play pvp content to get the mats as well. Are you suggesting that if a group a players exploits, then everyone else should do the same?
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

You seem to be trying real hard defending EME. First, you normally don't sell talents to buy gems because you get gems from guardian quests. And because talents are hard to get here on NA, if you sell the talents for gold or gem, you probably wouldn't have enough talents to enchant your gear.

Also silver talents prices are the same on both regions and since they have leveling events that also give daylight accessories, you don't need to use silver talents/plates until you have enough xp and mats to upgrade to entropy.

You seem to be concerned more about making "gold" but the gold from vanguards are enough to cover the enchanting cost. The other materials are easily accessible where you don't need to get them from the broker. What are you spending all these "gold" you earned from the broker on?

Talents are hard to get "here" on NA and yet you avoid battlegrounds? Ok.. OK... But you need to know that battlegrounds now give 45 talents per win with 15 talents per loss during weekdays and 75 talents per win with 30 talents per loss during weekends from extra bonuses ( the players also gain either 9 boxes per win and 5 boxes per loss with a chance to get 80 talents when opening them ).

The truth is that I simply dislike too see players flaunting things such as "it is faster to gear up by two thirds" OR "europe is heaven on earth" without real arguments and especially when it is clear that each region has prons and cons. Also, if the said players have found the divine realm and made contact with a whole new level of existence reaching such heights of nirvana then why would they come here and be unfriendly looking to harass the rest that did not chose to abandon the ship? But do not worry because i am definitely getting tired of this and i am not willing to throw even more oil on the fire.

And i am spending my hard earned gold on [filtered] lessons from a private teacher. Are you satisfied?

p.s. some of the users here should be ashamed after going at a place that they have abandoned just to throw mud left and right hoping for a fight
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

I hated the lower prices on NA. I crafted gems and regularly acquired them from dungeons and guardian missions. The low prices meant I couldn't sell them for much. When crafting them, I actually lost money sometimes because people would undercut until it wasn't even worth it to make them for sale purposes, especially if I didn't have elite and had to pay a broker fee on top of everything else. I could craft diamonds on NA, but I never did because they required 10 emeralds and a bunch of artisan kits and then only sold for 10.5k. I'd lose money unless I crit. Slightly higher prices incentivize crafting and push people to actually sell the things they make, which makes a healthier economy.
    Also, for the sake of arguing.. you guys keep talking left and right about golden talents but i have seen that the silver plates cost at Europe almost as much as at North America and then i beg to ask how do you guys get your silver talents? Because if the silver plates go at 600g each then i am going to wildly guess that silver talents are not so easy to get as much as the golden talents and you are getting another poor conversion besides the golden talents into gems. PLus, since we are talking about talents then i have to add that the boxes from the CS/FWC battlegrounds were improved at North America and now we can get 80 talents when opening those boxes on top of the fact that we can get 45 golden talents per win and 15 golden talents per loss with the bellicarium credits during a normal day that surprisingly has pretty good queues ( it goes up to 75 talents per win and 30 talents per loss during the week end where there are extra bonuses for battlegrounds )... So Europe looks to have its fair share of pros and cons as North America has with the thought in mind that the dungeons truly need a great improvement at North America though En Masse lacks "experience and etiquette" when dealing with many different situations that are many times fragile and need so much delicate attention in their own way..

Yup, silver talents are rarer than gold ones on EU. It's the same on NA, except NA has a gold talent issue as well. Battleground boxes are cool and all, but when numbers are so low that BG queues take forever to pop, and when they do you get kicked for random reasons it's kind of unfortunate that pvp is the only viable way to get talents on NA at the moment. PvP is also a toxic dumpster fire so a lot of people would rather just PvE for their rewards, especially since PvP has been neglected for so long anyway. Blows my mind how BHS treats pvp like a forgotten stepchild for years and then out of nowhere makes it the best way to get mats in NA.

Even if both companies just want to make money at the end of the day, EU does it in a way that makes players actually want to contribute funds to the game. That's the difference. EU made a LOT of mistakes in the past -- mistakes that are remarkably similar to the road NA is going down right now, in fact, like selling crucial enchanting tools in the cash shop and making them scarce in game -- but they learned from those errors and now they're attracting a lot of players. They're honestly not even that stellar, borderline average, but they look really good in comparison.

A lot of people I talked to are in a weird boat where they'd love to come back to the NA version, but they'd feel gross about doing it because of how the publisher regularly disrespected player efforts in the past. A few example of this were their multiple unannounced extensions with the leaderboard end-dates, the lackluster/straight up forgotten events, the constant cash grabs, the really snide and condescending way a lot of staff members responded to players with valid concerns, the pay to win talent/gem lootboxes as a response to players asking for more of those items in the game, and now the big middle finger to the modding developers who helped breathe a little longevity into a game past its prime. People don't want to return to something that made them feel stupid for caring about it in the first place. Gameforge has welcomed those jaded disenchanted players with open arms, which is why so many of them are actually happy about the way the company handles things.