[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 02/25 at 8am PST, and have a downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Stop the P2W

Comments

• P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    P2W wrote: »
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    Kira98 wrote: »
    You defending them if play in NA :^)
    Play a game with Enmasse as publisher is not worth. Just stop buying elite, emp and all shi.t content by mEME.

Sounds like you aren't putting effort into what you are saying, or just lazy.

Playing and not feeding the company money [vs] Playing and paying their greedy money

Are two different things. People can still play and not support their cash shop will still be effective instead of just plainly stop playing if you feel like playing.

Playing the game even without spending real money in the cash shop is still support the game. While you might not be giving EME your money directly, when you are playing the game you are still contributing the game whether you are doing dungeons, battlegrounds, producing gems, golds, talents, and mats. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product.

If you are tired of playing TERA and want to move on to another game, that's fine. If you do enjoy playing TERA and is just unhappy with the way EME is managing the game, you have the option on play on EU.

"You have the option on play on EU"

I like how people state that as if its so easy to just up and dump ALL of your progress you've made potentially over years on an account and go start completely new in a different region. Easier said than done at its finest. I still don't understand how so many people were able to do that. I certainly wouldn't dump my founder's account on NA with all of my geared level 65 characters on it with cosmetics to start with a clean slate on EU just because of a few differences between the regions. Yes EME is doing poorly, but lets not forget that years ago EU was managed poorly as well. Who is to say the scales won't tip again.

If you enjoy playing Tera and are unhappy with EME's management the best answer is not going to EU (they didn't care when all the third-party using cheaters fled to it) - though it is an option certainly -but to remain in the game and continue to voice your grievances.

Continue to voice your grievances? The talent issue has been going on for a while and the best solution EME can come up with is this?
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29452/lustrous-federation-crate-on-sale-meow#latest

If and when EME actually learns from their mistakes and actually address the issues with the game, people will come back. But right now, EU seems to be better for most people. EU used to be in the same position a few years ago and look at how well they are doing now.
  • NarukkoNarukko ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @Vy1Vivi said:
    > P2W wrote: »
    >
    > DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    >
    > Kira98 wrote: »
    >
    > You defending them if play in NA :^)
    > Play a game with Enmasse as publisher is not worth. Just stop buying elite, emp and all shi.t content by mEME.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sounds like you aren't putting effort into what you are saying, or just lazy.
    >
    > Playing and not feeding the company money [vs] Playing and paying their greedy money
    >
    > Are two different things. People can still play and not support their cash shop will still be effective instead of just plainly stop playing if you feel like playing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Playing the game even without spending real money in the cash shop is still support the game. While you might not be giving EME your money directly, when you are playing the game you are still contributing the game whether you are doing dungeons, battlegrounds, producing gems, golds, talents, and mats. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product.
    >
    > If you are tired of playing TERA and want to move on to another game, that's fine. If you do enjoy playing TERA and is just unhappy with the way EME is managing the game, you have the option on play on EU.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > "You have the option on play on EU"
    >
    > I like how people state that as if its so easy to just up and dump ALL of your progress you've made potentially over years on an account and go start completely new in a different region. Easier said than done at its finest. I still don't understand how so many people were able to do that. I certainly wouldn't dump my founder's account on NA with all of my geared level 65 characters on it with cosmetics to start with a clean slate on EU just because of a few differences between the regions. Yes EME is doing poorly, but lets not forget that years ago EU was managed poorly as well. Who is to say the scales won't tip again.
    >
    > If you enjoy playing Tera and are unhappy with EME's management the best answer is not going to EU (they didn't care when all the third-party using cheaters fled to it) - though it is an option certainly -but to remain in the game and continue to voice your grievances.

I moved to eu as a temporary solution and I have all of my stuff on na still. I'll come back MAYBE if it's necessary.
    And staying on na to keep complaining to the cm that doesn't hear the community is pointless. Eme has been like this for years and hoping for a change seems impossible now. Gameforge learned a lot from their mistakes and even tho they are pretty p2w and have their flaws, they at least COMMUNICATE. Just watch their apex 2 stream. They are not as clueless as ktc but they still don't know a lot of stuff and you know what they did? Made A LIVE stream (not a pre recored one showing apex 1 ????) and asked questions while reading their chat, also they gave out some nice codes.
    And really, the talents are nothing there (besides the silver ones) and some of us have to actually play the game not just play the broker (but the fact that they are so easy to get means that everyone has gear and I've had a worse experience and luck with parties while gearing than in na)
  • @MaiAura
    Maple Story 2 is out now though...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically the topic is slowly shifting from "This is what EU has" to plain "Everyone should stop playing NA Tera." ..?
  • Nopi wrote: »
    So basically the topic is slowly shifting from "This is what EU has" to plain "Everyone should stop playing NA Tera." ..?

Well it is a logical conclusion.
  • Oh boy just here for the comments :#
  • lastofthemeheecanlastofthemeheecan ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    When will they understand that Korean trends are never going to work in NA.
    NA loves Fighting, bringing back the old gvg system, the good old Alliance, the good old Castles and rewards for ranking top 3 best pvp guilds.
    CU is nothing more than a boring full guild defense for Manifest and a boring pve race destroying towers for the rest of the guilds, ONCE A WEEK.
    NA loves content, bringing back cool dungeon that dont need a full SC+9 or HO+3 party to be cleared, Im talking about the good old Akerons Inferno, Rift Edge, Wonderholme and old Nexus. NA people don't have the Asian mentality to farm 20 characters everyday, doing the same boring stuff, not everyone has the time or patience to do that, and also the enchantment system is way worst that the previous one +15 which was bad but not horrible like this one, at least you could have geared alts.

if they looking for people to spend money what better choise to bring back the good old pvp system, pvpers are the most p2w this game has ever had, and that's not bad at all, pvpers dont like doing pve content, just kill and fighting each other.

sry for bad englando
  • P2W wrote: »
    [Removing Forum Violation]

Playing and not feeding the company money [vs] Playing and paying their greedy money

Are two different things. People can still play and not support their cash shop will still be effective instead of just plainly stop playing if you feel like playing.

Playing the game even without spending real money in the cash shop is still support the game. While you might not be giving EME your money directly, when you are playing the game you are still contributing the game whether you are doing dungeons, battlegrounds, producing gems, golds, talents, and mats. If you're not paying for the product, you are the product.

If you are tired of playing TERA and want to move on to another game, that's fine. If you do enjoy playing TERA and is just unhappy with the way EME is managing the game, you have the option on play on EU.

Give people the option to transfer their characters and cosmetics and more people might. No one that is sane that has been playing since closed beta (myself included) is going to abandon the hundreds/thousands of dollars they've dumped into NA for cosmetics over the years just to play on EU.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Rassei wrote: »
    P2W wrote: »
    [Removing Forum Violation]

Give people the option to transfer their characters and cosmetics and more people might. No one that is sane that has been playing since closed beta (myself included) is going to abandon the hundreds/thousands of dollars they've dumped into NA for cosmetics over the years just to play on EU.

Some that are heavily invested in this game would rather quit and probably wouldn't want to start all over again. But NA's population is at it's all time low especially after a server merge and awakening patch and EME isn't doing anything about it. So it you still enjoy playing TERA, EU is the better choice right now for some people.

https://steamcharts.com/app/323370

EU has frequent events and makes the overall experience much more enjoyable. Right now, they are having a triple drop event in dungeons. And they actually communicates with its players. Also, starting today they have the open beta for the new talent system that people can try out. Take notes EME.

https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/talent-system-open-beta
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/event-loot-glorious-loot

• NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    When will they understand that Korean trends are never going to work in NA.
    NA loves Fighting, bringing back the old gvg system, the good old Alliance, the good old Castles and rewards for ranking top 3 best pvp guilds.
    CU is nothing more than a boring full guild defense for Manifest and a boring pve race destroying towers for the rest of the guilds, ONCE A WEEK.
    NA loves content, bringing back cool dungeon that dont need a full SC+9 or HO+3 party to be cleared, Im talking about the good old Akerons Inferno, Rift Edge, Wonderholme and old Nexus. NA people don't have the Asian mentality to farm 20 characters everyday, doing the same boring stuff, not everyone has the time or patience to do that, and also the enchantment system is way worst that the previous one +15 which was bad but not horrible like this one, at least you could have geared alts.

if they looking for people to spend money what better choise to bring back the good old pvp system, pvpers are the most p2w this game has ever had, and that's not bad at all, pvpers dont like doing pve content, just kill and fighting each other.

sry for bad englando

This is good indeed. People liked certain types of pvp and pve content. Would make sense to bring them back. Or at least alternate between those and new test systems in between to see what content people like the most, while dropping out the systems proven to be disliked.
  • > @kubitoid said:
    > Rassei wrote: »
    >
    > No one that is sane that has been playing since closed beta (myself included) is going to abandon the hundreds/thousands of dollars they've dumped into NA for cosmetics over the years
    >
    >
    >
    > imo cant call person sane if they dumped thousands of dollars into online f2p pixels. but its just me :s

Rewd
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    No one that is sane that has been playing since closed beta (myself included) is going to abandon the hundreds/thousands of dollars they've dumped into NA for cosmetics over the years
    imo cant call person sane if they dumped thousands of dollars into online f2p pixels. but its just me :s

money is relative. For some $1k is a few hours of work while for others it is 1 month of work. So dont judge someone for spending what you consider a lot of money if you dont know their story. Also those are the people the keep the servers running.

I have some T10 friends that went to EU and they are pretty happy especially since costumes arent in RNG boxes
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    No one that is sane that has been playing since closed beta (myself included) is going to abandon the hundreds/thousands of dollars they've dumped into NA for cosmetics over the years just to play on EU.

Now you get to spend some more money on NA. Hurry up because it's only available for a limited time.

https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/elitemajesticmounts1/elite-majestic-mounts-bundle
    https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/lustrousfedcrate/lustrous-federation-crate

Looks like mEME is getting desperate.