Failing On Hero

Can we discuss excessive failures on Heroic Oath. Currently on 9 fails as of writing this, with max xp, leaving me with a total % chance of 40%. The cost so far as been over 2k Plates (2,196), 36 veils, 45 Diamonds, 63 Element Essence, and the other materials. Its been extremely frustrating watching other players one try all 4 pieces of hero while Im still +9 after spending so much, I get its "rng" but this is excessive. I also know it wont change, but there needs to be a disscussion or else there really is 0% chance it will ever change.

Comments

• edited October 2018
    They should re adjust the enchant costs, success rate and item xp required, since SC is going to the toilet.
  • I'm pretty certain every player hit that brick wall at least one time during his play time. For me a dozen times. One piece even went to 96% and failed to enchant. Hopefully that wasn't Oath.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I feel you. After hitting high SC, I hit a wall where I just saved up materials for *months* because I wasn't bothering with the gear grind. I sank those months of farming into a handful of heroic oath tries (no static handing me free veils either, so each veil was luck), and when each attempt failed I actually quit the game for monster hunter world. It's an extremely discouraging system, in my opinion. When I ran out of gold talents, I basically realized that I'd have to either farm talents for another month, or buy plates at a crazy high price. Then everyone I knew who ran AAHM quit the game, so my progress was pretty halted from a gearing standpoint. To start gearing again, I'd have to form a new AAHM group from scratch, meaning weeks of teaching runs, followed by at least a month of just farming the most boring low tier content imaginable for talents. I opted to just give up. Came back a month later, just in time for EME to [filtered] off the modding community, but that's a different thing entirely.

The situation really is hot garbage right now on NA. The talent system is a bottleneck, the success rate is incredibly low, and getting veils is a [filtered]. I also know it won't change, but it still feels good to get it off my chest.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Dw, the developer think Tera nowadays is all about eternal grinding (who cares about the combat), they already said that they wanna bring HO+9 at some point and if we consider this gabarge gearing system with ever inscreasing enchanting cost, prob we gonna farm non stop for maybe 2 years just for HO+9 but oh wait, i forgot that by then they'll release a better "super ultra tier" gear in 6 months (i.e: the farming time will be longer than the gear's lifespan hahaha!)
    BHS rly think Tera is def the most important thing in our lives!!
  • Well we are playing a korean griding simulator and they would need to change some gear stuff in more regions and honestly, eme's forum is not the place to complain about things like this. They wont say a word about it and even if they do, it will be some work to change stuff. What bothers me the most is that now and especially in a few months new players will have close to 0 chances to catch up. Like I would love it if they at least removed guardian gear and leave 412s dungeons for easy guild quests (as an example)
    I would love to see a nerf to enchanthing costs but yeah.. haha
  • this happens to everyone not just u...happened to me sc+6 failed 12 times..now maybe ill hit it again im on 4 fails upgrading my +9 to HO and who knows how many more fails.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they are forcibly trying to make BiS only obtainable by a very small percentage of people, which in my view, is the worst thing you can do in an MMO. Worse in one that is supposed to be more about player skill.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    Maybe they are forcibly trying to make BiS only obtainable by a very small percentage of people, which in my view, is the worst thing you can do in an MMO. Worse in one that is supposed to be more about player skill.

I always found it hilarious when people used to spew out how "skill > gear". And then the +15 system dropped and sh*t got a lot more difficult for certain players (remember when gunners, zerk tanks, and AI were all the rage? oh boy...).

I personally don't hate that HO is so ball-achingly hard to get (to a point). I do hate that you need it in order to even try to experience everything in the game. Equipment like that should be a luxury rather than a requirement, like back before the Generation/Renegade sets and the aforementioned +15 bollocks. Hell, remember when you could do almost everything in f**king Patron gear?!
  • SageWindu wrote: »

I always found it hilarious when people used to spew out how "skill > gear". And then the +15 system dropped and sh*t got a lot more difficult for certain players (remember when gunners, zerk tanks, and AI were all the rage? oh boy...).

I personally don't hate that HO is so ball-achingly hard to get (to a point). I do hate that you need it in order to even try to experience everything in the game. Equipment like that should be a luxury rather than a requirement, like back before the Generation/Renegade sets and the aforementioned +15 bollocks. Hell, remember when you could do almost everything in f**king Patron gear?!

okay so are u saying u cant do end game dungeons without HO?? coz if you are then youre completely wrong.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    SageWindu wrote: »

okay so are u saying u cant do end game dungeons without HO?? coz if you are then youre completely wrong.

Technically, yes, I am saying that. Embellishment and all.

Mild exaggerations aside, you still need a high (recommended) gear score in order to be able to do the more recent dungeons comfortably. And with the current trend of equipment releases, it'll eventually get to a point where you'll need the highest possible gear score just to do a practice run (like a legit practice run).

Sometimes I just wanna know how the narrative plays out. I shouldn't need to essentially work a 2nd job just to get to a point where I can finally learn, say, how elin reproduce.
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    It's been a common ocurrence in the community in Tera (and other games, it seems) that to run a certain dungeon, parties asks you to have already the gear you're supposed to get from the said dungeon, I've seen this even in runs with friends. I think the last time you could join a group to tackle the highest tier content without having BiS already was when SCHM first lauched, back then the previous VM set was a lvl 60 one and was outdated, so you had to roll with either Discovery or Ambit sets in order to get the materials to craft Generation.

After that, the problem became recurrent, to join a group for the latest top dungeon you were required to have already the BiS from the past patch. With a good group (good ping and decent FPS too, of course) you should've been able to clear SSHM while having slaughter gear, RMHM with guile, VSHM with Misery... of course, your group would have almost no margin for making mistakes.

I agree that things like Heroic Oath should be a requirement for HH or DS and perhaps the cost of enchanting it would be justified if rewards for such instances were also great (they'aren't, that's another problem). In the end the real issue comes from the game's design model, the devs puke a few new dungeons every 6 months or so and expect people to run those again and again, and again, until the next patch releases, and since they already know they're just reskinning old bosses and adding mind-numbing mechanics players will figure out in a few weeks, they put the ilvl threshold as a bottleneck.

Sadly, the players in most regions would need to protest (and we know the KR communitym BHS's main parameter, seem to be okay with this model) in order to change this, which is unlikey. The one who should be implementing measures to aleviate this is EME, who is doing pretty much nothing (events are temporary and there should be a way to address this without reliying on them).
  • chowyoudownchowyoudown ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    e8a5f99cbb.jpg
    did someone say HO
  • gearing is a major fudge after sc, after failing 400+ plates and only get +1 on an sc weapon, i gave up this endless grind for mat and exp and get fudged at the end
    - plus the meta nerf and reward nerf aint gonna cut it
    - 400+ plates are like 1600 talents, it takes weeks to get it at double reward now with single vanguard it takes more than 1 month ... this math sux