We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Talent System and NA

Comments

• Look for an announcement next week about when the Talent System is being released.
  • Look for an announcement next week about when the Talent System is being released.

Seriously? Thats all the news you have? When other regions are opening test servers for talents and actually have release dates for them. Why is the communication from EME always so poor.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau ✭✭
    edited October 27
    We don't need an announcement eme we need to test your patches because we can't trust you to report bugs anymore ._.

And the game's already buggy as is with the new UI

That's mostly the why Gameforge opened test server so WE can find bugs and report them to get them fixed and play free of bugs
  • We don't need an announcement eme we need to test your patches because we can't trust you to report bugs anymore ._.
    EU tests for NA as of late. Funny to hear that since EME is supposed to be the "sister company to Bluehole". Bluehole just finds EU has the best primary server to give to them to playtest and fix before releasing it to other major TERA servers.

Also I laugh at the announcement of Talent System release date. I just rely on EU and I think to myself "ok so NA will get it either one or two weeks after" and that never fails.

(also I've entered their test server and I have to say it's quite fun and refreshing to test this stuff knowing that everything I report will get the job done over there)

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    We don't need an announcement eme we need to test your patches because we can't trust you to report bugs anymore ._.
    (also I've entered their test server and I have to say it's quite fun and refreshing to test this stuff knowing that everything I report will get the job done over there)

Except for the mass of incorrect English translations, which have to be submitted to EME for approval before the English can be used in any of the English builds.

And there are lots. Yesterday, I discovered that Warriors apparently have a skill that uses Punching, all credit to EME.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

Except for the mass of incorrect English translations, which have to be submitted to EME for approval before the English can be used in any of the English builds.

And there are lots. Yesterday, I discovered that Warriors apparently have a skill that uses Punching, all credit to EME.

FWIW, neither EME nor Gameforge do the translation, BHS does. Having received the translation from BHS, EME does editing and localization. The preview build will almost certainly be pre-localization at this point.
  • FWIW, neither EME nor Gameforge do the translation, BHS does. Having received the translation from BHS, EME does editing and localization. The preview build will almost certainly be pre-localization at this point.

Not entirely sure how it is, but yes, you're correct this english translation is only "preview" - unsure if the preview is from EME or BH but it's definitely before all the polishing and editing gets done.

But then again, when EU has the polished english translations, it's already too late to report them and get them fixes /shrug. And when they get reported, EME changes translations in their build but leaves EU to hang (and then it gets changed next patch). Happened quite a few times.

So yeah, if you're on EU test, just report everything about EN loca and hopefully EME fixes stuff they missed.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    so i believe we are getting talents on the 13th of November just a hunch.
  • En Masse, can you please improve the drop rate for the Keen Mote at the Island of Dawn to not need to kill even up to ten monsters without seeing a single drop? Once again i get to see EU having the better experience since the high level bams actually drop two motes per bam which makes the experience so much better.

And i would not post about it but it seems that we will need to fight the high level bams at IOD to get points for the talents..
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    En Masse, can you please improve the drop rate for the Keen Mote at the Island of Dawn to not need to kill even up to ten monsters without seeing a single drop? Once again i get to see EU having the better experience since the high level bams actually drop two motes per bam which makes the experience so much better.

And i would not post about it but it seems that we will need to fight the high level bams at IOD to get points for the talents..

You gain talent xp from doing basically anything at 65, killing any bams (including trash bams in northern arun) doing guardian missions, vanguards, dungeon bosses, all gives talent xp
  • So its friday at 11pm.

Weren't we supposed to get an announcement about talents this week? (Coming from the post from the 26th)
    Or was this on stream/discord?
  • Jezzeusagi wrote: »
    So its friday at 11pm.

Weren't we supposed to get an announcement about talents this week? (Coming from the post from the 26th)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure the enhancement system in the Elin Brawler announcement is the talent system right?

tera.enmasse.com/events/fiery-featherweights?utm_source=forums&utm_medium=gumball&utm_campaign=news
  • tadaaaatadaaaa ✭✭
    edited November 3
    Jezzeusagi wrote: »
    So its friday at 11pm.

Click on "The Fiery Featherweights are on their way" update and you will learn that the Talent system that will be known as the EP system(Enhancement Point system) will be coming on the 13th along with Elin Brawler and new Dungeon.
  • Thought those were separate events, alright nice to know
  • Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    En Masse, can you please improve the drop rate for the Keen Mote at the Island of Dawn to not need to kill even up to ten monsters without seeing a single drop? Once again i get to see EU having the better experience since the high level bams actually drop two motes per bam which makes the experience so much better.

You gain talent xp from doing basically anything at 65, killing any bams (including trash bams in northern arun) doing guardian missions, vanguards, dungeon bosses, all gives talent xp

I had a friend telling me that we will need to kill Nagas/Giants/Hydraths at IOD to get points but if there are that many options then i am very happy.

Thanks ^^