[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Stop the P2W

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Rassei wrote: »
    No one that is sane that has been playing since closed beta (myself included) is going to abandon the hundreds/thousands of dollars they've dumped into NA for cosmetics over the years
    imo cant call person sane if they dumped thousands of dollars into online f2p pixels. but its just me :s

ThreadbareRealisticCob-max-1mb.gif
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    maybe honorable topicstarter used hyperbole and actually tried to say that this guy @P2W must be stopped :s #tinfoilhat

We're only getting started and starting tomorrow there will be a Elite Hero's Oath Bundle for sale. And there's going to be a Heroic potion available where you can one shot and player or boss for 24 hours. It works everywhere including battlegrounds or dungeon. Don't wait, it's only available for a limited time only.

https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/eliteherosoathbundle/elite-heros-oath-bundle

https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/heroicpotion/heroic-potion
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    P2W wrote: »
    maybe honorable topicstarter used hyperbole and actually tried to say that this guy @P2W must be stopped :s #tinfoilhat

We're only getting started and starting tomorrow there will be a Elite Hero's Oath Bundle for sale. And there's going to be a Heroic potion available where you can one shot and player or boss for 24 hours. It works everywhere including battlegrounds or dungeon. Don't wait, it's only available for a limited time only.

https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/eliteherosoathbundle/elite-heros-oath-bundle

https://store.enmasse.com/tera/item/heroicpotion/heroic-potion

And here I was hoping that those links would actually work so that I could laugh :D.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe this already stopped to be informative and fell into a redundant cycle.
  • this p2w guy is so sweaty...i bet if they release those HO bundles u cant even afford coz base on how you act in this forum kinda tells me ur 9 years old or could be younger...
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    this p2w guy is so sweaty...i bet if they release those HO bundles u cant even afford coz base on how you act in this forum kinda tells me ur 9 years old or could be younger...

I love how when a game sells out its values to make a quick buck, there's always someone who accuses critics of being poor, or too young to have a credit card, as if that somehow detracts from their main argument. God, you're an idiot.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I won't go down into insults, I kind of agree with @voidy here. Basically, we don't need to go down into personal attacks just because we may disagree on this or that topic. I don't agree with everyone around here and I know as fact that not everyone agrees with my own points either. But that does not give me any right or excuse to stoop down to insulting the other side nor attacking their person for it.

TL:DR: Be more civil and watch more cat videos.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Back on the pay to win part
    I remember last anniversary they were offering the anniversary scarfs with crit but you had to be in game just for the event to get one
    At the end of the day most agreed that if they were going down that road even cash shop was better than a once off event for crit things , but they needed to be as available in game too
    And for the record I disagree with buying stuff like this in the case shop and even more so when its locked behind RNG
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tisnotme
    Scarves didn't have crit you silly, they had hp. And people protested it so hard eme decided to take them out.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    @tisnotme
    Scarves didn't have crit you silly, they had hp. And people protested it so hard eme decided to take them out.

I clicked the like , all I remember was every one getting out of shape over it coz it added stats so the rest of my point is there
    and I still don't think any of it should be locked behind the cash shop in loot boxes it still has to have a reasonably good chance to achieve in game too
  • even if theres a HO gear loot box
    u can buy stormcry in broker pretty cheap tbh :3 i must say i sometimes bougth some emp :3 but mostly played for free i do have a 451 ninja without buying a single gem/talent box i also have some costume sets volcanic/arctic and some small cosmetics i do have a Ultrafury and a red Phoenix so where is that p2w? u can get Everything for free

the differences between p2w and pay to progress is easy to explain ^-^
    if u can grind for the same items which a emp user can get instantly the cash just makes the progress faster but doesnt mean that u cant get it as a non casher which means in this case if ppl are lazy or poor they just get mad on this because theyre not that fast in progressing than those who are

even with OA gear chests doesnt it mean they have higher stats or gear u are not able to get even after playing for years they also dont have costumes with stats ( which would be p2w )

so i will stick to this game as long as its alive :3

thats just my thinking u can agree or dislike it but thats what it is ^-^
  • I really doubt there would be as much of a negative reception of these p2w options if EME stepped up (as they did for previous patches) and provided better means to obtain the current core progression items (gold and silver talents) in game. There are now talents in the bellicarium credit shop and from battleground boxes, this is good (wouldn't hurt it to be even better, but with bonus bellicarium credit events, it's probably ok).

Looking at PVE however, the situation has not improved much (you have an rng chance to get gold or silver talents from the amplifier crate in 453+ dg vanguards, and that's about it). It's literally come to a point where, as a player who focuses on pve, if I don't spend the majority of my time in game doing battlegrounds, there is simply no reasonable way for me to enhance my accessories/gear; which, quite frankly, is a pretty malformed precedent to set.

And that's where the real "p2w" comes in. Instead of talent and gem p2w loot boxes coming off as an attractive option to get ahead, they now present as one of the only realistic solutions to try and keep up with the current gear cycle. Thinking of all this, it really makes me wonder why I keep playing at this point, where it legit feels like I would have to put the same amount of effort to gear 1 character (in this patch) as I would to gear 3-4+ characters (in previous patches,) (coming from someone who can't get enough of alts lol).
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    even if theres a HO gear loot box
    u can buy stormcry in broker pretty cheap tbh :3 i must say i sometimes bougth some emp :3 but mostly played for free i do have a 451 ninja without buying a single gem/talent box i also have some costume sets volcanic/arctic and some small cosmetics i do have a Ultrafury and a red Phoenix so where is that p2w? u can get Everything for free

the differences between p2w and pay to progress is easy to explain ^-^
    if u can grind for the same items which a emp user can get instantly the cash just makes the progress faster but doesnt mean that u cant get it as a non casher which means in this case if ppl are lazy or poor they just get mad on this because theyre not that fast in progressing than those who are

even with OA gear chests doesnt it mean they have higher stats or gear u are not able to get even after playing for years they also dont have costumes with stats ( which would be p2w )

so i will stick to this game as long as its alive :3

thats just my thinking u can agree or dislike it but thats what it is ^-^

While I agree to your point of view, not everyone has the same definition of what p2w is. Some believe the faster progression is already p2w that shouldn't even exist in the first place. Doesn't need to include otherwise unobtainable stuff. Just by getting there first because you paid, some will define that as p2w. And in a sense, they may be right. What if in the future, the free grind becomes so long that by the time the free players get there, it's already time to update the game? Those who paid would have had the luxury of playing while max geared for awhile, while f2ps were stuck with the grind until the last day, and were unable to do speed runs and just enjoy their gear achievements for a bit. And that's where the devs should balance the game so the grind isn't so long that most players either give it up or fail to max before the next content comes.
  • @Nopi Right but, the potential end case scenario that you're describing there is essentially what most people hate: feeling as if they are forced to p2w in order to keep up with the gear progression cycle at a reasonable rate (obviously, maxing out your gear on only one character on the last day before the new patch comes in is, in many peoples view, anything but reasonable).

That's not to say that there aren't people out there that will be dissatisfied if any p2w option (even to just get ahead) is introduced. Look no further than comments on our forums and I'm sure you'll find them. But I think most people, that are able to at least consider the interests of both the publisher and the customer would agree that having some p2w options (solely to get ahead a bit, not jump leaps and bounds ahead of f2p) is perfectly reasonable, albeit, a slippery slope.

Unfortunately, imo, we've already slid way off that slope, and crashed hard into a ridiculous, monotonous grind that does not reflect an enjoyable gaming experience for any players shooting for the top gear, without heavy, unreasonable p2w substantiation. This statement goes triple for new and returning players, who have been completely alienated by this new age (HO +1-3) of irresponsible, reckless management of gear progression.
  • IMO P2W should be something min-max like, for example the dragons, while not needed very good if you do have it, but gear should not be locked under P2W or grind for a week so that you may have 1 attempt to enchant your SC at a 24% success rate, that is completely unreasonable and unfair. Talents as the main material for gear enchantments should drop at a reasonable rate from every single dungeon in the game, I'd go as far as to say darics from 446+ dungeons and plates from 453+ dungeons. Once again, at a reasonable rate and for everyone.

This also comes into play for gems, albeit to a much lesser degree compared to golden and specifically silver talents.