[PC] Maintenance has completed, and servers are now open. Thank you for your patience!
Easter has come to TERA! Read all about it, and check this thread for information on where to find these eggs, and what you can get! http://bit.ly/2Dj6rJa

Extra Life 2018

Is En Masse planning to do another year of Extra Life? Or is it not happening anymore because Spacecats is gone.

Comments

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Supposedly is. KitTeaCup told me that it will be different this year though, because I asked her about it in discord, I don't think it will be a 25 hour stream anymore.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kimasaur wrote: »
    Is En Masse planning to do another year of Extra Life? Or is it not happening anymore because Spacecats is gone.

extralife existed before spacecat join enmasse
    Even if they do have this yearly stream it’s doubtful they will even pass 100 viewers, their weekly stream can’t even pass 50.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    viewer count is not relevant at all
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Supposedly is. KitTeaCup told me that it will be different this year though, because I asked her about it in discord, I don't think it will be a 25 hour stream anymore.

But imagine KitTeaCup playing TERA for 25 hours straight? At least it will be entertaining to see her play TERA. :o
    > @metagame said:
    > viewer count is not relevant at all

Yes it is, if you want the extra life based events that we get every year the more viewers there is.
  • P2W wrote: »

But imagine KitTeaCup playing TERA for 25 hours straight? At least it will be entertaining to see her play TERA. :o

That's not how Extra life works though they play multiple games not just tera because extra life isn't only a tera stream. They'll probably play closers and kritika and other stuff that people can play with them if they donate a certain amount of money.
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    Looks like they just mentioned on stream that they will not be doing the Extra Life 2018 25 hour stream this time. They are doing an alternative by hosting the EME partners that weekend.
    > @iLucky said:
    > Looks like they just mentioned on stream that they will not be doing the Extra Life 2018 25 hour stream this time. They are doing an alternative by hosting the EME partners that weekend.

Huge disappointment. Extra life stream has been a tradition for as long as I’ve been playing Tera. Eme probably realized they would get no viewers anyways so staying up and doing an all nighter would be a waste of their time. I was looking forward to the stream too. Lost major brownie points from me though, seriously.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    > @iLucky said:
    > Looks like they just mentioned on stream that they will not be doing the Extra Life 2018 25 hour stream this time. They are doing an alternative by hosting the EME partners that weekend.

Huge disappointment. Extra life stream has been a tradition for as long as I’ve been playing Tera. Eme probably realized they would get no viewers anyways so staying up and doing an all nighter would be a waste of their time. I was looking forward to the stream too. Lost major brownie points from me though, seriously.

Wait no extralife this year?! :'( I remember spacecats extralife stream I watched the entire thing (or I think I fell asleep for the final 3 hours) and had a blast laughing along and participating in the tera events. You'd think with the 3 games they now run they'd want to mooch of their dying fanbase for a bit and rack in them views, but . I guess with the way things are heading we're never gonna have fun new events ever again :'(
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    > @iLucky said:

Huge disappointment? Honestly - no sarcasm here - but with how EME has acted in the last year, what were we to expect? I know this is a meme, but this really summarizes how I feel about EME's handling of Tera lately.

aa0.png
    Jerichow wrote: »
    > @iLucky said:

Huge disappointment? Honestly - no sarcasm here - but with how EME has acted in the last year, what were we to expect? I know this is a meme, but this really summarizes how I feel about EME's handling of Tera lately.

aa0.png

I get that. Just Extra life is a personal thing for me. Look forward to it every year. Oh well I guess.
  • EME doesn't want to do it because the money is going to charity instead of their own wallets
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Jerichow wrote: »
    > @iLucky said:

aa0.png

I get that. Just Extra life is a personal thing for me. Look forward to it every year. Oh well I guess.

Oh I imagine, are there any other games doing it that you could follow?