[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

How About International Events Timing?

2»

Comments

• The event will also be running all day Saturday and Sunday. That will probably be your best chance.
  • AprikotAprikot Scythera Fae ✭✭
    i know that's event is running all day Saturday and Sunday, i have a lot of infusions now.
    BUT! i just want future event to be more international timed.
    If this post will not be readed and answered by EME i will create new posts ^_^

Nyan! <3
  • Aprikot wrote: »
    i know that's event is running all day Saturday and Sunday, i have a lot of infusions now.

Nyan! <3

yeah create more post of the same topic and cry when the other get locked....do you think eme would listen more if ur being toxic??? and besides you agreed to play on NA server so at the very beginning you should have thought of the events being in NA time..if you wanna join the event then you gotta adjust..if you dont wanna adjust the forget the event simple.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Aprikot wrote: »

Nyan! <3

Create more posts that will go completely ignored by mEME like the other 99% of posts that do
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Aprikot wrote: »
    DHEE5KW5FP wrote: »
    So what you are saying is you as a foreign player matter more than the NA players?
    So foreign players should have less events?

You're playing on a NA server, ofc times are gonna be [filtered] for you. If you want better times then you're better off playing on the version for your country (better in event wise and everything else)

The problem with that argument is the EME's site goes out of its way to tell international players to come on in and then it hits them with ping dependent skills and poorly designed events.
    Having said that, in the past this was never really an issue. In fact, most of my friends from Europe who used to play would enjoy the events because EME always put them on at really bad NA hours, like 12 noon on a weekday when most people would be at work or school. For years, guild rallies took place within a similar window, and so I, a north american player with a job, was never able to take advantage of them. By contrast, all of my EU friends got to do it every single day.

These problems could very easily be solved by simply holding events twice in a day. That, or remove the page telling people from outside NA that they can play when they're clearly not welcomed here in any sense.
  • voidy wrote: »

The problem with that argument is the EME's site goes out of its way to tell international players to come on in and then it hits them with ping dependent skills and poorly designed events.

regarding the ping it should be a common sense to everyone that when they are playing a game that the server is based outside of their country they are gonna have a high ping.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »

regarding the ping it should be a common sense to everyone that when they are playing a game that the server is based outside of their country they are gonna have a high ping.

While I don't necessarily disagree, some games handle it better than others. For example, Dragon's Dogma online has an instancing system that makes it so users barely feel the ping tax while actually running 'dungeons' even though the servers are all the way in Japan. And this is from a company that DOESN'T welcome outside players; I know people who have to use VPNs to play that game and they still have a good time because the netcoding isn't complete trash. Knowing that such systems exist, if I saw a game that said "hey you CAN access our game from [your country here]," I'd take them on their word and assume that they had some kind of decent system in place for people from my country, whether it was good netcoding, or a server for my country in particular.

Of course we all know this game doesn't really have any of those things, and its player made solution for the ping issue (proxy+skill prediction) just got hit with a DMCA, sooooooooooo yeah. Maybe a month ago I'd argue that NA's version of TERA could be considered an international game, but not anymore, despite what the website says. I'd go as far as saying that if you want to be competitive without third party tools, then you should just uninstall the game unless you live on north america's east coast or in Canada with an amazing connection.