[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 2/18 at 6pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

K-Tera Dev note ~ new pvp gear, CU, BG's!

I know alot of people have been asking for something more in the PvP area and it looks like Bluehole finally listened!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18KI8CN-8tn2TFr1TugsoTOYR2Nd6oSdieAKEsVdbYXQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

Comments

• HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This reminds me of the generation/renegade era where i had to run with two different weapons which were quite expensive to get at that time only to be able to be relevant at both PvP and PvE... But if i can think about something positive(?) then that is the fact that tanks will be able to choose from being more offensive/balanced/defensive ( it might be funny to see squishy tanks dying like flies on the battlefield while on the contrary some other tanks might be unbreakable ).

Anyway, I like the current system so much more since we can focus only on a set of gear and still be relevant at both PvP and PvE.

• DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    As i already said here: The current development team is cleary lost on what they want with the gear system, now they gonna go back all the way to the VM6/Conflate days with pvp only gear, wtf BHS plz MAKE your mind!
    And as everything on the current gearing system, prob this PVP gear will be WAY more expensive and grindy than the old Conflate gear..

Anyway, at least they're bothering with PVP since ages..
  • About time they let priests use divine charge in BGs!
  • This seems promising. I just hope NA can hold on until the release. However I do find the lack of crystal slots and completely different gear sets a bit weird. However the different types of playstyles seem so fun. Gunners are already Tanky I’m excited to test the differences with the sets
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Don't like that they're seemingly once again spitting up gear-sets for PvE and PvP - reminds me of the old days where I had to pour money, time, and resources into enhancing TWO separate sets of gear for my priest and I hated it; however, I find the different types of sets you can get for different purposes refreshing...but, if you want to play different roles and switch it up that's potentially more time and resources you'll need to put into more than one set of gear.

Meh. An overall turnoff for me. Yet another reason for me not to bother with PvP ever in this game anymore.

Thanks for sharing.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are pros and cons to both kinds of system.

With a divided set (pvp gear and pve gear being separate), both gearing routes can be buffed without hurting players on a single path. For example, with the current system of one gear set for all, if the devs favor pve gearing through giving more mats on dungeons, pvp'ers will complain. Do the same for pvp by shifting the mats to BGs, and pve'ers will be drawing the short stick. Buff both equally and those who can do both pvp and pve will be able to gear up at a much faster rate than anyone else. Meaning, the single gear system will always only benefit a portion of the player base at any given time. So having separate gears will allow devs to just buff both (if materials needed are different save only the basic core stuff).

The big con? Two sets means two gearing paths. So those who do both pvp and pve will now be pressured into doing both contents in order to gear their separate sets. And in some cases, split resources as well. If this worked like this from the very start of the game, people would have been used to it by now. But the constant on and off approach is rather unsettling. An idea would be to make pvp gear incredibly easy to get and maintain. This way people would be able to jump quicker into BGs without being kicked and while feeling relevant. But that's just my quick opinion on this. I don't do pvp at all, so I have never benefited from a single reward for it.
  • with this kill all my alts :( only focuses in two max
  • I get why everyone is apprehensive about this, but I mean come on, they're actually making an effort to diversify and expand pvp, possibly even fix it. I can understand people being hesitant about having to upgrade 2 gear sets, but saying it's a negative overall is ridiculous. For starters, the pvp will prob be better at pvp, but I'm sure you'll still be able to pvp with your normal gear just like you could pvp with Ambush and Imperator when Conflate was a thing. Maybe they mess up balancing awakening in battlegrounds, but this is a step in the right direction; this is a step forward, not back. I'm very excited to see what this all brings to pvp and if it makes things more interesting again.

Also, anyone complaining about the grind has never played a Korean MMO. People complaining about farming for a week for a HO upgrade while people farm for months in Blade and Soul for 1 upgrade. Imagine taking weeks to get your Bellum accessories to Daylight and having it cost all the gold you make from daily quests every day for those weeks, because that's what Blade and Soul is like. The grind in Tera is nothing compared to lots of other games. Also people complaining about how unbalanced gear is should do a battleground in Blade and Soul where you get 1 shot by someone who's barely above your gear. Just putting that as a side note.

All in all, this looks positive. Maybe not perfect, but don't look at this as 'ugh, more stuff to farm.' Look at this like it's just something new (or recycled, but still something we don't have now).
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    NickZeke wrote: »
    I get why everyone is apprehensive about this, but I mean come on, they're actually making an effort to diversify and expand pvp, possibly even fix it. I can understand people being hesitant about having to upgrade 2 gear sets, but saying it's a negative overall is ridiculous. For starters, the pvp will prob be better at pvp, but I'm sure you'll still be able to pvp with your normal gear just like you could pvp with Ambush and Imperator when Conflate was a thing. Maybe they mess up balancing awakening in battlegrounds, but this is a step in the right direction; this is a step forward, not back. I'm very excited to see what this all brings to pvp and if it makes things more interesting again.

Also, anyone complaining about the grind has never played a Korean MMO. People complaining about farming for a week for a HO upgrade while people farm for months in Blade and Soul for 1 upgrade. Imagine taking weeks to get your Bellum accessories to Daylight and having it cost all the gold you make from daily quests every day for those weeks, because that's what Blade and Soul is like. The grind in Tera is nothing compared to lots of other games. Also people complaining about how unbalanced gear is should do a battleground in Blade and Soul where you get 1 shot by someone who's barely above your gear. Just putting that as a side note.

All in all, this looks positive. Maybe not perfect, but don't look at this as 'ugh, more stuff to farm.' Look at this like it's just something new (or recycled, but still something we don't have now).

That's also why BnS is not so liked around here lately. pvp over there is as dead (or even deader) than Tera's. Plus they have a huge gap between whales and everyone else. So yeah, saying "it could be worse" does not fix tera's problems. It only says that there are more problems around and less options for Western gamers, who are more used to quicker paths.

As far as I've seen, western gamers prefer a shorter grind, big rewards, and to then spend their time at max tier pvp. For the most part, Korean MMO companies agreed to give these changes to their western localization, and it used to work well. So backing down that and adding more huge grinds will not do them any favors in the long run.
  • I liked the idea of Conflate - giving players an option to compete with fully geared players by giving them set that is "comparable in terms of PvP" for just a fraction of its price (farmable within 2-3 weeks). It still needs to be comparable, so you can choose between Conflate + mid-tier PvE or BiS for both PvP and PvE.

As I said, it's a good change only if Heroic stays viable for both PvE and PvP and Conflate is designed as an alternative for PvP players that are not interested in fully enchanting PvE gear. If it means double farming (now you need to obtain BiS for PvP and PvE separately) then it's just adding to an already insane grindfest.

I like gear changes (if they are balanced and not mean double grind), I am very happy to see the new BG and I am definitely looking forward to revamping CU.

I think BHS is making changes for the better recently, and I'm glad they are listening (Apex skills, UI rework, hide weapon glow, PvP revamp). But you know what? It takes them 2 years to receive and process any feedback! CU should be adjusted once it came out and turned out to be extremely exploitable. Lack of incentives to do PvP was an issue for years too and lack of PvP gear that can be obtained solely via PvP was an issue since FWC un-equalizing.
  • About time they let priests use divine charge in BGs!

What about thralls? Are we going to see thralls everywhere? XD
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    About time they let priests use divine charge in BGs!

What about thralls? Are we going to see thralls everywhere? XD

Not only that, get used to mote explosion skill.