[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

A time based contest, great idea

Now the players that own multiple accounts can leave their chars AFK in Highwatch and win all the prices, good job, you couldnt just make it so if you complete 439+ dungeons you get more points or something, you had to make it so the people with more accounts can win, they are not even old players with many accounts, people can just make 10 accounts today and win, or if they did that from a past event, those accounts are eligible to win, this is not even grinding, is a time fight between those who own many accounts, who can leave the most characters AFK wins

Comments

• PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    It’s still luck based. You could win with just 1 entry and possibly lose with 100 entries.
  • Pwhoops wrote: »
    It’s still luck based. You could win with just 1 entry and possibly lose with 100 entries.

that's what they want you to think
  • ReaperElenaReaperElena ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Eh, it's tie to Steam so....not even gonna bother. Good for those that has it. Though I wonder how they are gonna determine the legitimacy of what "playing" is. Just being online and afk for as long as possible or actually running dungeons and whatnot?
  • if a group of 5 people could own in total 20% of the lottery tickets, i can assure you that at least 1 of them is going to win, that is what is going on here, a group of people have a very high chance to win because they can just leave 10 accounts afk 24hs non stop
  • See, EME found a way to pump up these Steam population statistics that you were complaining about. You ask and they cater.

On more serious note - glad they publish overall number of tickets in the raffle. It gives you an approximate idea of your winning chances. Would love to see it becoming a standard for lootboxes too.
  • You don't even need to launch the game to qualify. Steam counts you as playing just from having the launcher open.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This contest is also more country locked than the game itself. At least it is locked for my region in the Caribbean, yet I can play with decent ping from here without ever having to use a proxy... go figure.

Then yeah. Steam client only.. GG..
  • What if i dont have steam??....
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Ourlord said:
    > What if i dont have steam??....

You have to so they can increase steam numbers :))
  • The purpose of the event is to just pad statistics though... If people make a dozen alt accounts just to afk in the tutorial then the whole point of the event is working as intended.

Getting a deal with Razer, who will sponsor basically anything, gets them money and some publicity, as well as an enticing reward.

Why stop there, making the event entirely based on just logging into their games for 8 hours boosts player activity numbers, makes their games look more lively even if literally everyone is just going to afk on a dozen accounts. If they're even capable of logging player activity I'm sure it looks great on paper.

But why stop there, force players to have to use steam to participate so that they can boost steam chart numbers because Closer's, Kritika's and Tera's steam numbers are all literally the lowest they've ever been since they launched on steam, especially Tera.
    That way they'll get increased rankings on steam, and once again higher numbers look great on paper!

Combine this with their recent "Link account" event to pad numbers for their console version by making PC players link to console, and create new console accounts if they don't have one, just to get rewards mostly on PC. I would assume their console numbers aren't doing too well either.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    And the reason for that is not listening to the community and the [filtered] show grind this game has turned to that no one in NA likes.
  • Oh boy i'm laughing, all of these attempts to pad up the numbers besides actually fixing the damn game.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually don't like to join in with those thinking bad about these, but it's plain obvious that someone at EME thinks it's best to just push forward like nothing ever happened.

Karma will play a funny one if whoever wins that laptop uses it for Fortnite and BDO.
  • ei guess what..if u feel thats what others do to win then feel free to do the same nobody is stoping you.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    > @Ourlord said:
    > What if i dont have steam??....

You have to so they can increase steam numbers :))

So i need to install steam and then download tera again?? hell no..