TERA SEA servers

2»

Comments

• RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    I am from SEA, been playing Tera NA for 5 years with 250-300 ping. I didn't use those proxy things because I didn't want to take the chance of getting banned. I got used to the 250-300 ping but for once in my time playing this game I want to know how it feels playing at low ping.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    I've got it down loaded ready , it downloads as administrator and has Xingcode like here
    And it installs the Xhunter1 file on your system ,which I've deleted, see if it comes back

I can get in thru the Thai SEA server side of Playwith version of the game but if (and I'm going to) I'm only going to use the English SEA server side they aren't unlocking that for another day or two so I'll wait
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    I've got it down loaded ready , it downloads as administrator and has Xingcode like here
    And it installs the Xhunter1 file on your system ,which I've deleted, see if it comes back

I can get in thru the Thai SEA server side of Playwith version of the game but if (and I'm going to) I'm only going to use the English SEA server side they aren't unlocking that for another day or two so I'll wait

As long as the game is launched as admin, the xhunter file will be recreated.
  • I would love to have cross-content qus. If you qu for a dungeon on NA server, you can play with people in EU or SEA. This would increase the player count running dungeons and pvp.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    66P6YL9MH3 wrote: »
    I would love to have cross-content qus. If you qu for a dungeon on NA server, you can play with people in EU or SEA. This would increase the player count running dungeons and pvp.

As fun as the idea sounds, it would be extremely hard to connect servers that are so far from each other. May not be impossible, but definitely hard and possible very costly as well. And that's without counting all the ping issues.
  • 66P6YL9MH3 wrote: »
    I would love to have cross-content qus. If you qu for a dungeon on NA server, you can play with people in EU or SEA. This would increase the player count running dungeons and pvp.

not possible since those servers are run by different publishers entirely
  • 66P6YL9MH3 wrote: »

It seems doable; the simplest method would be for one publisher to act as the host server and the other would transfer character data. When the instance is completed, the host would transfer any changes (new gear, changes to gear etc) back. There would need to be a deal struck between various publishers to ensure similar drops and items code compatibility. It might be that certain activities cannot be completed across server to prevent compatibility issues, some costumes and gear might need to be disabled across server.

A much more complicated method would involve instance synchronisation with server side prediction for players skills. Players could continue to do damage to a boss on their server after the boss is dead on the other server and you might see anomalies like a dead character being targeted because that is the pre-determined course of action for both servers. You would notice catch-ups, a character appears to take a hit and dies, but then jumps up again because they dodged or were healed on their side. You might even die yourself during a final burn and then jump up again because DPS on the other side killed the boss before it hit you on your side. This all sounds like madness, but I'm sure it could be done.

An even better (and way simpler) solution would be for EME to get rid of xigncode and officially allow the use of proxy's (or even provide their own) within limits set by the community for the primary purpose of resolving issues related to high ping. This would bolster the population by bringing back all the people who left eliminating the need for cross server instance hosting and cost absolutely nothing.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    An even better (and way simpler) solution would be for EME to get rid of xigncode

Gameforge have been known to use Xingcose in the past (not sure now)
    and SEA use it and the game and Xingcode is embedded with admin credentials upon download

• TERA World Championship please