Is the Proxy that makes high ping into playable ping allowed again?

I don't use it or anything but i'm still curious. A lot of people and friends quit/moved after what happened on the 28th of September so i'm wondering if they would come back if the Proxy was allowed again if it isn't already because my guild is f***ing dead.

Comments

• They are keeping a "not allowed" stance, but they will not ban you if you use it, in fact they are un-banning accounts that were previously banned for proxy use, so you're fine, unless you're using it in a malicious way.
  • If youre using to to teleport through the gate in CS, or cheat in some stupid [filtered] way, its bannable. If youre just using it as a QoL then its fine
  • Pwhoops wrote: »
    They are keeping a "not allowed" stance, but they will not ban you if you use it, in fact they are un-banning accounts that were previously banned for proxy use, so you're fine, unless you're using it in a malicious way.

I thought NA wasn't getting any support from it anymore, so we still are then?
  • tadaaaa wrote: »
    Pwhoops wrote: »
    They are keeping a "not allowed" stance, but they will not ban you if you use it, in fact they are un-banning accounts that were previously banned for proxy use, so you're fine, unless you're using it in a malicious way.

The larger official proxy devs have fully dropped support for emes region due to the false legal actions eme made towards them, there are still lesser known people distributing proxy that works for na as a modified version of caalis
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    LOL soo meaning its WTF right now XD
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Generic proxies like WTFast and Mudfish .. ? and Pingzapper change the routing of your network so its more direct which decreases your ping
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    1 - Proxy does no make high ping into "playable ping", it just mask the delays of high ping gameplay but there's still huge problems (like ghosting), but anyway it's a lot better than vanila high ping Tera;
    2 - The only "free" proxy that still support NA that i know is heavily limited, afaik there's no support for any apex2 classes.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too bad proxy support for NA was removed.
  • Nyanta1177 wrote: »
    tadaaaa wrote: »
    Pwhoops wrote: »

The larger official proxy devs have fully dropped support for emes region due to the false legal actions eme made towards them, there are still lesser known people distributing proxy that works for na as a modified version of caalis

So i suppose that modified version of caali's makes high ping players play with a playable ping that makes them play or enjoy the game as much as low ping players normally do.
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    tadaaaa wrote: »
    So i suppose that modified version of caali's makes high ping players play with a playable ping that makes them play or enjoy the game as much as low ping players normally do.

Lets clarify this quickly, proxy, on its own, does nothing. It acts as a type of middleman for network traffic related to tera, its scripts in the form of modules that has proxy do anything, it won't physically lower your ping but scripts in it can emulate the response of skills essentially removing the delay of casting skills. Here is a nice graph to help show that example
    bfee607d840727bde0f7e732c877b582.png

There are downsides to skill emulation scripts since the client on its own lacks a lot of data to perfectly emulate everything, that along with an unstable network connection can lead to it messing up, leading to server side teleporting/desyncing (can happen in the normal vanilla client as well), "ghosting" (refers to the animation being displayed, but the skill does not go on cooldown and deals no damage meaning server side you never started the skill) and "reverse ghosting" (skill goes on cooldown and damage is done but either no animation played on your end or the incorrect animation)
  • It should be noted that the reason skill emulation works is because its already supported natively by the unreal engine version that Tera is running off. So BHS could very well make it part of the game.

Just don't hold your breath.

• That doesnt look like proxy at all..
    It looks like a... packet injector...

..Wow... :astonished:
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    That doesnt look like proxy at all..

same outfit different tailor ? :thinking
  • Kiraboshi wrote: »
    It should be noted that the reason skill emulation works is because its already supported natively by the unreal engine version that Tera is running off. So BHS could very well make it part of the game.

Just don't hold your breath.

In terms of proxys form of skill emulation it works regardless of ue3's native support since it just emulates the servers response.

As for bhs making it part of the game, they would need to change quite a lot of [filtered] since the client dc lacks a lot of data as well as the current client not sending enough data for certain things
    That doesnt look like proxy at all..

The op's post was directed at tera-proxy, not a vpn
  • I see, thanks for taking your time to explain Nyanta1177.