Increasing Player base in NA Tera

2»

Comments

  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Communication goes a long way. There are clearly issues in this game that EME cannot fix, and BHS does not care to fix. Issues like ping dependency, optimization, replay value, competition, etc. When those issues were remedied by third party developers, EME should have communicated with them instead of banning them and going after them on discord and github. Communicating with them after the fact, just seems reactionary and hollow. I believe it might be too late for this reason. Anything EME does now, especially from the current team, will come across as reactionary and won't bring people back. Years of doubling down on bad decisions has put them in a deep hole, and it would take a lot of work and humility to get out.

    If I woke up one morning and were suddenly in charge of managing damage control, I'd want a really friendly person at the face of all this. I'd have them come out and apologize profusely for the awful communication and general mismanagement that's taken place over the last year+. I'd confirm that our banning process had been tweaked and people who used innocent modules were being unbanned, and I would reiterate the old stance that dps meters are fine as long as they aren't used for harassment. Then I would thank the makers of those programs for extending my game's life, apologize for the hasty action of the staff members who came before me, and rescind the DMCA (is this even possible without looking really really bad?). Then I would all but beg those devs to restore support for my version so people on NA who don't want to deal with ping tax on every single skill can stop relying on outdated and potentially unsafe proxy modules. Then I would remove xigncode, or at the very least start the process of removing it. , or if even THAT were impossible due to being bluehole's [filtered], I'd just look the other way at the xigncode bypass and be extremely cheeky about it on forums so that anyone fluent in english could read between the lines and see that I didn't care about people bypassing xigncode, despite my inability to state it openly. I'd disband the player council and implement an actual moderation team that responds to player concerns and shows that they actually play the game. This isn't impossible; in fact, it's pretty standard.

    Then, when ALL of those PR issues were finished, I'd implement a solution to the golden and silver talent issue. Gameforge has already done this successfully, so I would simply copy their method. No need to reinvent the wheel. That same day, I would announce a triple drop weekend event, and get a more creative person than myself to float some ideas for a Thanksgiving event that isn't terrible. People really don't want much; if we had some kind of token shop with permanent cosmetics in it, people would participate all month long. Spice it up with some holiday themed BAM events that drop things players want, or things that will help the game, like golden and silver talents, artisan refining kits (to incentivize even someone with no money to craft), production point potions, tokens for the aforementioned shop, strong bravery potions, blue noct, etc. and you have an event that people will actually enjoy. A new dungeon is coming out soon. Knowing this, I would hold some kind of livestream showing either myself running through it in my actual gear, or we could hold some kind of raffle and let the winner run through it on stream with a group of their choice. The intention would be to hype the new content before it's out, and hype it hard. Keep people looking forward to future updates. We would do this regularly; even if something boring like a fishing update were coming out, I'd try and make sure every staff member who appears publicly was at least briefed on it to avoid looking like we don't play the game we're being paid to run.

    Then, and only then, would I tweak the cash shop. First I'd revamp the fashion coupon shop. Ours is already superior to EU's by offering things like thigh changers, height changers, accessories, and so on. But we can go further. I'd offer way more weapon skins. Last I played, it was lacking. Then I'd go into the cash shop and bring back everything except the seasonal things. I'd also call for the resignation of whoever thought it was a good idea to purge 80% of our wares when we're a free to play game that lives by our cash shop. So I'd bring it all back. If people want to buy from us, why would I stop them? I'd eliminate the daily deal popup, since it really isn't a good look at all and has for the most part been implemented poorly. We'd still have them, but if you want to see it you have to enter the cash shop. Lootboxes, assuming they are forced by BHS, would have a failsafe method; every failed box would contain a token, and X amount of tokens could be traded for the jackpot item. An option to buy the item for the same price as the failsafe method would exist as well. I would remove all this predatory buIIshit from the cash shop as well; if people are happy with the game, they will spend. I will never not believe that, no matter how jaded I become with the industry. Gameforge runs the game in a way that I like, so I went out of my way to buy costumes from them even though I could've saved and bought it on the broker. I would want a similar philosophy in this game, if I were running it. To push costume sales indirectly, we might also host visual modding contests or something, since those tend to involve modifying costumes in ways that make them look really really pretty; recognizing those modders would be a nice morale boost to those players and it would also push people to buy those outfits so they could modify them in turn. Little things like that.

    I've written far too much, bye
  • I am a new player, and what I want is to be able to dress my character the way I want, grab a weapon skin, get the ride, and then get plenty of storage. I have tried blade and soul, and revelation. The games might be good, but when you can not customize you character the way you want until almost end game, what is the point? Since I just started this game, I must say I do not even know how the store works. The one in game I am unable to get an outfit. The web store only has outfits I am not interested in. I also do not get why you do not have a gold exchange, or if you do I can not find it. The auction gold prices for me seem it would take years to make 150.000 gold for one outfit. Considering I been killing everything for two days and have about 3 gold, I do not see this game keeping my interest for too long.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a new player, and what I want is to be able to dress my character the way I want, grab a weapon skin, get the ride, and then get plenty of storage. I have tried blade and soul, and revelation. The games might be good, but when you can not customize you character the way you want until almost end game, what is the point? Since I just started this game, I must say I do not even know how the store works. The one in game I am unable to get an outfit. The web store only has outfits I am not interested in. I also do not get why you do not have a gold exchange, or if you do I can not find it. The auction gold prices for me seem it would take years to make 150.000 gold for one outfit. Considering I been killing everything for two days and have about 3 gold, I do not see this game keeping my interest for too long.

    1-65 is a tutorial. 65 is when the game starts.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Make the Keen Mote from IOD at least 25% to make it more friendly to the new and undergeared players so that they can get their etchings/glyphs/etc more easily while removing the limit on the high level bams ( double vanguards once in a while does not help the said players players that need to make progress ).

    Make the 412 and 431 dungeons more rewarding in general so that both new and old players feel inclined to run those dungeons which obviously helps the new players indirectly ( the mentor system is too limited for what it is supposed to do .. ).

    Make the equalized gear at battlegrounds ( FWC more importantly ) to be more balanced and on pair with the current level of gear that many players have including myself ( +9SC up to +1 Oath ) so that there will be more players inclined to want to get involved.

    Make the golden talents to be easier to acquire through more sources and reduce the cost on stormcry gear since oath took over as the top gear..

    Etc..

    Etc..


    I think that anyone playing this game including myself knows how this game can be improved and how it can make the players to want to play it instead of uninstalling ( i am actually getting a bit sad here when seeing so many threads about why players want to uninstall and especially when they come with clear arguments ).

    Everything you need is already implemented in EU.

    Keen motes in IOD? Check

    Better rewards in dungeons (not just 412 or 431)? Elleon Marks

    More talents? Plenty of talents here in EU.

    EQ gear in battlegrounds? This can only be done by BHS. But because gearing up to SC is relatively easy in EU, gears are somewhat "more equalized".

    I know EME can't do everything because some issues can only be fixed by BHS but they are a lot of things that EME can do to make the game more enjoyable. But they chose to not do anything but put more P2W lootboxes in the cash shop.
  • Dvsv wrote: »
    Nah.
    We need a new Elin class that deal at least 200% more dps than Apex 2 Ninja with talents, Heroic +6~+9 with cost so high that only ppl that spend U$1000 on the game can attain in a reasonable amount of time, more nerfs to in game ways to farm mats (gold/silver talents and meta tokens) cuz someone on korea said that more grind = longer content and let's not forget to increase item level for new low/mid-tier content so high and at same time keep enchanting cost of old gear the same that there'll be not a single casual/semi casual new or f2p player left in this game.
    Then, by mid/late 2019 there'll be like 500~600 players on Steam charts but dw, someone will say that the "majority of players" play without Steam even tho most of them was pr0xy players that no longer play on NA since DMCA stuff...

    Let's cut the crap: The developer cleary already gave up in this game since Apex 1 patch, now they're only heavily milking a bunch of full endgame P2W players left.

    If you guys rly think i'm trolling, plz recheck my coment 6~8 months from now ;)

    lies, i spent over 3,000$ and got nothing but a handful of dyeable costumes and mounts.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Nah.
    We need a new Elin class that deal at least 200% more dps than Apex 2 Ninja with talents, Heroic +6~+9 with cost so high that only ppl that spend U$1000 on the game can attain in a reasonable amount of time, more nerfs to in game ways to farm mats (gold/silver talents and meta tokens) cuz someone on korea said that more grind = longer content and let's not forget to increase item level for new low/mid-tier content so high and at same time keep enchanting cost of old gear the same that there'll be not a single casual/semi casual new or f2p player left in this game.
    Then, by mid/late 2019 there'll be like 500~600 players on Steam charts but dw, someone will say that the "majority of players" play without Steam even tho most of them was pr0xy players that no longer play on NA since DMCA stuff...

    Let's cut the crap: The developer cleary already gave up in this game since Apex 1 patch, now they're only heavily milking a bunch of full endgame P2W players left.

    If you guys rly think i'm trolling, plz recheck my coment 6~8 months from now ;)

    lies, i spent over 3,000$ and got nothing but a handful of dyeable costumes and mounts.

    $3k for costumes and mounts....
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    P2W wrote: »
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Make the Keen Mote from IOD at least 25% to make it more friendly to the new and undergeared players so that they can get their etchings/glyphs/etc more easily while removing the limit on the high level bams ( double vanguards once in a while does not help the said players players that need to make progress ).

    Make the 412 and 431 dungeons more rewarding in general so that both new and old players feel inclined to run those dungeons which obviously helps the new players indirectly ( the mentor system is too limited for what it is supposed to do .. ).

    Make the equalized gear at battlegrounds ( FWC more importantly ) to be more balanced and on pair with the current level of gear that many players have including myself ( +9SC up to +1 Oath ) so that there will be more players inclined to want to get involved.

    Make the golden talents to be easier to acquire through more sources and reduce the cost on stormcry gear since oath took over as the top gear..

    Etc..

    Etc..


    I think that anyone playing this game including myself knows how this game can be improved and how it can make the players to want to play it instead of uninstalling ( i am actually getting a bit sad here when seeing so many threads about why players want to uninstall and especially when they come with clear arguments ).

    Everything you need is already implemented in EU.

    Keen motes in IOD? Check

    Better rewards in dungeons (not just 412 or 431)? Elleon Marks

    More talents? Plenty of talents here in EU.

    EQ gear in battlegrounds? This can only be done by BHS. But because gearing up to SC is relatively easy in EU, gears are somewhat "more equalized".

    I know EME can't do everything because some issues can only be fixed by BHS but they are a lot of things that EME can do to make the game more enjoyable. But they chose to not do anything but put more P2W lootboxes in the cash shop.

    I know what you mean because recently i went up to upgrade one of my alts and only the boots from +0FM up to +0SC took around 150k gold which is quite a lot considering that it is only a pair of boots meaning that if someone wants to go from +0FM up to +0SC with four pieces ( weapon/chest/gloves/boots ) then it might end up spending around 700k gold? 800k gold? And this quantity might be too much for someone new or a returning player considering that it is only up to +0SC when most of veteran players run with at least +7SC up to +9SC or even Oath.


    Also, i had a friend that came back and left because the game is too grindy and did not want to spend the next two months grinding only to catch up with gear.


    p.s. new and returning player must be encouraged to stay and not leave instead
  • > @Jerichow said:
    > 7: Rework the GearXP system so it takes longer to get 100% GearXP - but allow 100% XP to mean 100% upgrade chance.
    ————

    This! Except you don’t need to make it “longer to get 100% GearXP”. But having multiple alts, it’s really hard for paupers like me to budget for my toons.

    In addition, I used to be able to deck 8-10 toons with mid-tier+12, and learn to play the hard dungeons like hundreds of times from different POVs - dps, tank, heals.

    Now I’m just stuck at Twisted+0/Guardian+0 for most (Tks Dougal). Two toons in Frostmetal+3. And, probably need to make up my mind which is the lucky toon that has a chance (if at all) to reach SC.

    This severely limits my desire to play more. To reach FM+9/SC+X is a multi-million problem x N toons that seems like an unrealistic goal for me. I don’t even feel like giving it a try.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solate wrote: »
    > @Jerichow said:
    > 7: Rework the GearXP system so it takes longer to get 100% GearXP - but allow 100% XP to mean 100% upgrade chance.
    ————

    This! Except you don’t need to make it “longer to get 100% GearXP”. But having multiple alts, it’s really hard for paupers like me to budget for my toons.

    In addition, I used to be able to deck 8-10 toons with mid-tier+12, and learn to play the hard dungeons like hundreds of times from different POVs - dps, tank, heals.

    Now I’m just stuck at Twisted+0/Guardian+0 for most (Tks Dougal). Two toons in Frostmetal+3. And, probably need to make up my mind which is the lucky toon that has a chance (if at all) to reach SC.

    This severely limits my desire to play more. To reach FM+9/SC+X is a multi-million problem x N toons that seems like an unrealistic goal for me. I don’t even feel like giving it a try.

    It's as if BHS followed Blade and Soul's alt unfriendly example. Make meaningful progression so ridiculously grindy into the later levels that people will have to toss characters aside and concentrate on only one. I don't think they realize (or care) about how much damage they are doing to the game, where end game content closes it's doors to a big part of the population in a game that's hurting for players to begin with. I'd see a point to a system like this if the player base was big and healthy. But right now, who's running the higher tier dungeons? Who will be able to run the even higher tier dungeon arriving next week? Hopefully we still can't count them with our hands digits yet...
Sign In or Register to comment.