[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Possible to get a 4k WP of elin brawler event pictures?

Pictures referred to are
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/the-fiery-featherweights-are-on-their-way
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/get-an-elin-brawler-in-your-corner

I've tried to scale them up via Photoshop and Gimp, but they have just a hair of blurriness still. Was looking to see if someone else or Staff would be able to provide the pictures in 4k resolution (3840x2160) as they are very cute images!

Best Answer

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018 Accepted Answer
    In case they keep radio-silent (I don't wanna be negative but eh... quite usual + it's likely sort of copyright protected to an extent as commercial use art), I've done a Waifu2x scale on it (4x tho, to get you 4096x2296), which is about the best upscaler ever for drawn art, specially given it's algorithm is tailored for anime art (which these fit enough).

Also agreed they're cute as hell. Here go the images, hope no extra compression applied on upload, to view full resolution, right click and "see image" or whoever it's written there:
    4sTPpp6.jpg
    q9l4eqw.jpg

So whenever you need to upscale drawn art, Waifu2x is the definitive answer, at least as far as I know. Most pro photo editors use likely Lanczos which is epic for downscaling of pretty much anything other than test patterns (which nothing is good at), but upscaling it isn't as good at that specific task at hand.

Answers

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    It obviously has it's blur as... it's upscale it can't invent the detail that was before downscaling, what is lost is lost and only recovered with the original, but best I know for the task.
    Also some artists don't draw on full vector but rather on raster, aka pixels, so not mathematically infinite resolution, the original itself may not be 4K but we can always hope and do our little tricks to get by meanwhile.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Not even the biggest elin fan out there (my lancer would scream otherwise but I digress) but.... yeah these are adorable as hell.
  • FooseFoose ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    It obviously has it's blur as... it's upscale it can't invent the detail that was before downscaling, what is lost is lost and only recovered with the original, but best I know for the task.
    Also some artists don't draw on full vector but rather on raster, aka pixels, so not mathematically infinite resolution, the original itself may not be 4K but we can always hope and do our little tricks to get by meanwhile.

Thank you very much for photos and heads up about waifu2x and tidbits! <3

Jerichow wrote: »
    Not even the biggest elin fan out there (my lancer would scream otherwise but I digress) but.... yeah these are adorable as hell.

lmao ikr B)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye she is more cute than our regular brawler B)
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I <3 cute Elins
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose that little dress will replace the "battle togs" human brawlers use? I would have preferred even the slightest attempt at armor, but w/e...
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    I suppose that little dress will replace the "battle togs" human brawlers use? I would have preferred even the slightest attempt at armor, but w/e...

That dress is a costume we got a few months ago though? Not sure if they'll make new armor for elin brawlers but already existing plate armor for elins is :ok_hand:
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »

That dress is a costume we got a few months ago though? Not sure if they'll make new armor for elin brawlers but already existing plate armor for elins is :ok_hand:

If they follow the same trend as with gunner, I'd expect something new added to the (ridiculously extensive) elin wardrobe. Now, I don't recall the dress in this promo at all, though. Then again, I have hopes we get many of the regular heavy armor sets on the FC shop. I have an eagle helm waiting for my elin brawlderp..... and that's the only thing I have for her atm because screw preparations when all I want is yet another 65 to toss aside at the sound of that last level up ding. :>
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair since I love the normal Elin plate armors, and will use tons of costumes anyway, I'm all fine with this if not happy.
    Honestly, I would have preferred humans to use the normal plate ones as well even, but that's what we have now.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @Nopi Based on the elin character creation class selection preview, I'm guessing this will be our lvl 65 reward like how ninja got the kunoichi robe and elin gunner got the pink will suit.
    unknown.png
    Looks like a reskin of riddling hauberk. I'm happy to see that it's not the super duper teeny metal bikinis female human brawlers have.
  • LOL looks like that elin is on stilts
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    @Nopi Based on the elin character creation class selection preview, I'm guessing this will be our lvl 65 reward like how ninja got the kunoichi robe and elin gunner got the pink will suit.
    unknown.png
    Looks like a reskin of riddling hauberk. I'm happy to see that it's not the super duper teeny metal bikinis female human brawlers have.

Looks fitting enough to the class. The whole "Iron Bikini" idea is getting old already. Thanks for the find.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nopi
    The dress in the promo is the costume that came with the huge angel/devil wings
    Step up your costume game!
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nopi
    The dress in the promo is the costume that came with the huge angel/devil wings
    Step up your costume game!

I'm kinda broke. I may try to get me a bunny mount though. That will give me the swag and the functionality... Gotta think efficient!