The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

The hackers are back

1235»

Comments

• JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »
    Sadly to see this being allowed again instead of adding built in skill prediction.

Implementing a skill prediction module into Tera by default that could even compare to the one offered by proxy devs would take well into 2019 or even 2020 given how slow BHS is at developing anything - allowing people to use the currently working and existing one is a stop-gap until a long term solution can be found.

But please, keep being like P2W and P9ENREJL9A and keep acting like spoiled, petulant children that get mad because you think things like SP and FPS utils that make the game actually playable for others is 'cheating' - not everyone is gifted with great ping and a good computer like you or me - they have to use some of these just to be able to make the game run.
  • P9ENREJL9AP9ENREJL9A ✭✭
    edited November 8
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Lapomko wrote: »
    Sadly to see this being allowed again instead of adding built in skill prediction.

Implementing a skill prediction module into Tera by default that could even compare to the one offered by proxy devs would take well into 2019 or even 2020 given how slow BHS is at developing anything - allowing people to use the currently working and existing one is a stop-gap until a long term solution can be found.

But please, keep being like P2W and P9ENREJL9A and keep acting like spoiled, petulant children that get mad because you think things like SP and FPS utils that make the game actually playable for others is 'cheating' - not everyone is gifted with great ping and a good computer like you or me - they have to use some of these just to be able to make the game run.

The funny thing is those acting mad and spoiled are you and some people who desesperatly try to defend some proxy modules that are blatant cheats, I never said Proxy by itself or SP are cheats, however now we have people here defending modules that should not even be supported by proxy yet they are like "No More Wasted Backstabs" or "No More Wasted Grim Strikes".

Looking at the reaction from certain individuals I can see how people in TERA are used to cheat and try to neglect any kind of evidence about the malicious mods that Proxy can allow be used. Any dev allowing unethical tools being supported on by them are no good people, are not individuals that deserve trust from others (only cheaters would join them and defend their shady works).

It must be a good amount of profits they get from these tools that allows players to do things they should not be able to in the first place. This reminds me of Lineage 2 and its outcome thanks to hackers and cheaters.
  • Now I am wondering if you are the person who reported me on the Velika server for using hacks. Someone got insanely butthurt during the Superior Guardian Legions because I was rank 3 and only had on Frost. what did this person do? Reported me as someone who was using hacks, sorry but no hacks needed I simply know my rotation and know how to dps. I'm sorry people feel the need to get upset when someone is doing good despite not having the best gears. Really shows how this game is going these days.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    DHEE5KW5FP wrote: »
    Now I am wondering if you are the person who reported me on the Velika server for using hacks. Someone got insanely butthurt during the Superior Guardian Legions because I was rank 3 and only had on Frost. what did this person do? Reported me as someone who was using hacks, sorry but no hacks needed I simply know my rotation and know how to dps. I'm sorry people feel the need to get upset when someone is doing good despite not having the best gears. Really shows how this game is going these days.

THIS PERSON IS BETTER THAN ME THEY'RE OBVIOUSLY HACKING - P2W and this other guy
  • I want to ask those that see any player cheat, please report any of that on our Customer Support page!

Please and very much thank you!!!
  • AlexWasBoredAlexWasBored ✭✭
    edited November 8
    The way that post is worded I doubt KitTeaCup actually wrote it. The way it is worded and the phrasing makes it look like someone at Bluehole wrote this. 'Please and very much thank you!!!' is what is usually at the end of the ktera patch notes/announcement. This statement was obviously not written by EME. KitTeaCup has not worded a single other post she has made like this one.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau ✭✭
    edited November 8
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    I do wonder who that P2W guy is, for him to be in both proxy discords and making false claims that both Caali and Pinkie are hackers harming the game.
    Newsflash @P2W , the actual hackers never left. 1 month free of hackers? have you done CS? clearly you didn't. Making money? how can you make money out of something that is public to everyone and completely free to download? No one is forced to endorse the proxy creators, is just an option.

Before making baseless accusations, get informed. What you are doing is just spread misinformation based on your own beliefs, you are only spreading panic, using only the negatives of proxy to your favor, and enlarging them, creating a scandal.
    Heres your solution: Hackers? you cannot deal with em? then go find another game and stop being a toxic influence to the players who do not know anything about the situation.

And i am not entirely defending caali, pinkie or proxy. As anyone else, i recognize there are risks to proxy, such as people with really bad intentions. Those are the people you should be pointing your finger, but ohh, you dont, because you dont know who they are, so you pick on the public image and demonize it to instill fear into the innocent (player without information)
    But i also see the benefits of proxy. I have friends in Latin America that simply require proxy to play the game just as good as the players closer to the servers.

Do everyone a favor, and STFU @P2W
    P2W wrote: »
    *points at TrialMacameau and start accusing* Looks like we found a hacker here.

Yeah that right there @Zoknahal ^

Wrongfully accused when he didn't see me playing the game. I mean correct me if i'm wrong but he shouldn't point to innocent players
  • MatheusObiwanMatheusObiwan Brazil ✭✭
    I'm here just to see dumb people crying :^)
  • I'm here just to see dumb people crying :^)

It's definitely free comedy to me whenever I'm on break.
  • notDrenotDre
    edited November 9
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    I want to ask those that see any player cheat, please report any of that on our Customer Support page!

Please and very much thank you!!!

I have no problem with people using proxy as a means to increase their FPS and ping and use damage meters to improve. These are things that are expected in an MMO, and it allows people to play Tera the way it was meant to be played. I do have a problem with some modules that people vehemently defend though, such as auto loot (which as a mystic main is extremely annoying as they just pick up all my motes during fights and I can't arunic release), guide mods (which I think is unfair because people who don't use mods have to learn it the "hard way" and don't have a mod literally telling them what to do), and auto lock-on (again, I'm a mystic, if I have to learn to play the game by good positioning and quick locking, then so should everyone else). I do think it gives people an unfair advantage which is in my opinion, "cheating". However, I'm not throwing people who use these mods under the bus considering you're basically saying proxy is ok. But, I do think it's important though that if you are allowing people to use proxy, or even if you're trying to reach out to the devs; to differentiate what's cheating and what isn't.

In your recent update post you said :

"Additionally, please note that our enforcement policy prohibits all cheats and exploits that negatively or unfairly impact the play experience, whether they use the Proxy or not. If you witness a player using third-party programs to cheat, please report their behavior."

I think it's important to explicitly state what you consider cheating when it comes to proxy just saying generically "cheats" and "exploits" isn't good enough, do your research and figure out what modules are going to be allowed and which aren't if you're going to allow proxy.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    notDre wrote: »
    I think it's important to explicitly state what you consider cheating when it comes to proxy just saying generically "cheats" and "exploits" isn't good enough, do your research and figure out what modules are going to be allowed and which aren't if you're going to allow proxy.

I agree with you, but I also think drawing a very clear line is pretty difficult too. Sometimes, it's also not only what the tool is/does, but the context where you use it. For example, there are some things I would care less about in solo PvE than in PvP.

Personally speaking, though, I think I would also draw a similar line to you. Anything where a player not using mods would be at a clear disadvantage and unable to compete on an even playing field is, to me, a cheat. If it were added to the game proper, or were distributed in an official/integrated way so that everyone had the choice to turn it on or off, that'd be different. But no one should feel forced to download any third-party mods at all to be able to play the game, and any sort of "auto-pilot" style features give a clear gameplay advantage that's beyond just "quality of life."

Someone might make the argument that something like skill prediction causes people with bad ping to feel "forced" to download the mod to compete in high-end content. They're not entirely wrong, but I can mostly rationalize that because it causes your skills to behave as they would if you lived closer to the server and weren't victims of typical U.S. primetime routing. (If someone were to change it so that your skills behaved differently or even better than they would under good conditions, though, obviously that's different. Also, this is talking about PvE and not PvP, which is more complicated.)

The other thing I would add, though it's on a different note, is that anything that expressly undermines the game's F2P business model would also have to be "out." For example, things that allow you to access the bank/broker at will (without using Travelers Insurance or the T9 reward ability), or things that allow you to permanently wear cash shop costumes you didn't buy (even if it's just on your own screen). It's not that these aren't nice things... but it has to made available fairly to everyone or not at all, and some of these things are rightfully areas that are monetized. (This is important to me because, if the game's ability to make money off of cosmetic things and boosters goes down, it means they're going to start squeezing more on progression-impacting materials and pushing the line on pay-to-win, and I think that's bad for everyone in the end. I kinda sorta feel we're in that state already, to some degree.)

Honestly, though, in hearing people talk about this for a long while now, I feel like a good number in the community sort of instinctively "know" that, if ever there were any path to being officially sanctioned, this is the sort of area where the line would ultimately be drawn. Some of the "QoL" is just a bit too good to be officially-sanctioned, and I really feel like most people know it. Of course realizing that in your head and being able to resist taking the warm cookies just sitting there on the counter is a different story...

Anyway, obviously, that's just where I'd draw the line, and it doesn't necessarily mean that's what EME will declare as cheating/exploiting (and ban people for), so it's a fair question (though I do think a bit tricky to give a clear official answer on).
  • I agree and I genuinely believe most people with proxy aren't cheaters and don't want to be cheaters. An argument I hear a lot "well if it's there I might as well use it", which is fine... but I think if EME made an official statement saying that certain modules are cheating and bannable, most people would no longer use them.

• HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 9
    DHEE5KW5FP wrote: »
    Now I am wondering if you are the person who reported me on the Velika server for using hacks. Someone got insanely butthurt during the Superior Guardian Legions because I was rank 3 and only had on Frost. what did this person do? Reported me as someone who was using hacks, sorry but no hacks needed I simply know my rotation and know how to dps. I'm sorry people feel the need to get upset when someone is doing good despite not having the best gears. Really shows how this game is going these days.

I saw priests being reported at guardians even though they were using Edict of Judgment at the first encounter before the main boss and it was pretty much normal to have them on the first spot considering all that burst.

Then again.. i have also seen all three pyres being capped at FWC at the same time by a player that could not be seen nor attacked.

p.s. lots of confusion over this subject about actual cheating
1235»