The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Regarding the new wave of blatant cheaters in Fraywind and Corsairs

To those that aren't in the loop, recently(roughly a week or so) select individuals have been abusing some form of pyre capping module in battlegrounds that enable them to 1. become invisible while capping so they can't get caught or more infamously 2. capping from seemingly anywhere from the map. An example would be a gunner swimming in the middle of the lake at south pyre but capping mid as well as being able to seemingly cast skills regardless of being in the water(a Gunner, not a sorc/healer/backstab class).

With more players gradually finding battlegrounds to be a good alternative way to farm credits, talents, and mats, there has been more and more of these "players" popping up. Even a more noticeable +2 heroic player in the top PVE guild on KT have been abusing this despite arguably having a clear gear advantage if they ACTUALLY participated. Other specific PvE guilds/alts have also been noticed.

To EME staff that are unaware. Capping pyres from anywhere is a EXPLOIT! This is not some "QUALITY OF LIFE" Module that players deserve. These players should be fairly banned or punished for this behavior as it ruins the integrity of battleground games.

To fellow players that have experienced this exploit but was unsure what they were seeing. The best way to deal with this is to open your recording software and send a ticket to EME. On top of that you can share to the community who was exploiting to inform others. I believe specific groups start syncing whenever a name is brought up to deal with these individuals pretty smoothly.

Again this is not some high ping players trying to play the game. Exploiters are 100% aware what they are doing and EME needs to deal with them whenever a good example with evidence is brought up. PvE-rs can do use whatever they want to make their dungeon life easier. However we can not encourage the same in battlegrounds. The community have been helping each other identify cheaters in the matches with solid evidence so we can get rid of them together. Hopefully this post helps others be more aware in their games when suspicious interactions happen.

Note: 1. becoming invisible while capping IS a bug that exists and there have been players who unknowingly received this incident while playing honestly. However certain names consistently get this bug every single game and it has been noticed, if it happens every game it is no longer a mere bug. /clarification

Comments

• > @ManamiC said:.
    >
    > Again this is not some high ping players trying to play the game.
    >
    > Note: 1. becoming invisible while capping IS a bug that exists and there have been players who unknowingly received this incident while playing honestly. However certain names consistently get this bug every single game and it has been noticed, if it happens every game it is no longer a mere bug. /clarification

You are aware...theres no such module that allows this unless it was bought or self made by another cheater right?

Ive said time and again, you never got rid of the cheaters, just the players who barely understand their own pc. The cheaters never left and never WILL because they understand modules and how to make them work, something i bet my bottom dollar that a vast majority do not know how to do.

Claiming its not a QoL that players need is a sly way to insinuate its proxy use ,the thing that doesnt have support atm, or rather its not at all.

Youve come across the actual cheaters, the ones that never left, the ones completely unaffected by the events if the last 2 months.

Your best bet is just to record them and report them with VIDEO EVIDENCE.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 8
    This actually happened in one of my Fraywind games where someone could cap all three pyres a the same time even though there was nobody there because in truth we did own all three pyres since the game happened to be like that. And we needed to post two players at each pyre simply to cap back even though again there was nobody visible there that was capping and the pyres were being stolen.

I really hope that there will be a fix for this because it is very frustrating to have to lose games due to such things when fighting for the top ranks at the leaderboard because one player that can can three pyres at the same time many times can change the outcome of the entire game.

• @Jezzeusagi Correct. I am not here to start another proxy heated debate that will force close the thread. The 2 main devs that used to host the public proxy most likely did not make the module and it was probably someone else. However that does not that stop the fact that anyone can use the module when they grab their hands on it THROUGH the proxy itself. The point I made with OP was not directly blaming proxy devs or w/e, merely stating that there are an increase of these capping cheaters because of the module getting shared around, and that anyone with an active proxy atm can run it. It is what it is.

Now you can bring up that cheaters can make or create their own proxy, and that the other devs are not supporting the module. I am not disagreeing with you, I'm saying that regardless of who originally created the module or their intent, anyone with a proxy can essentially run it now too, and that is THE problem.

XIGNCODE or DMCA has nothing to do with this. There has been a public working proxy for a while and more than enough players have been using it. Stating it was not a QOL is to inform players what has been happening and that it is an exploit you should be aware about.

"Your best bet is just to record them and report them with VIDEO EVIDENCE."
    Exactly what OP stated. Pull out your recording software anytime and you can inform the PvP community to kick them.

• pinky's sp is outdated thats why it lets you go thru gates
  • Hey everyone,

We're aware of the issues in Fraywind Canyone and Corsairs Stronghold. We're working on resolving this issue and detecting cheaters that are using this exploit. There is a process involved in detecting these cheaters as we want to catch as many people as possible while also minimizing false positives. If you feel that anyone is exploiting or cheating at anytime please contact the support team.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    @KitTeaCup In case you didn't know.. there's a Battleground discord and in said discord there's a #blacklist channel where people post about cheaters. Please, take a look at it. https://discord.gg/kCx67Q
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Pwhoops wrote: »
    @KitTeaCup In case you didn't know.. there's a Battleground discord and in said discord there's a #blacklist channel where people post about cheaters. Please, take a look at it. https://discord.gg/kCx67Q
    Might want to be careful with discords like this though since it's player operated
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    Might want to be careful with discords like this though since it's player operated

I'm not saying to gather all their information from that discord, but it could be found useful.
  • RyusamaRyusama ✭✭✭

It could come handy to double check anyways.

I used to use proxy in BGs but since it used to bug me in someways (falling from the floor mainly, and getting kicked for being "seemingly" afk) I stopped using it and everytime I want to do BG i run the client normally. I wish more people would have this same mentality.

Proxy for PVP isnt bad as long as it's duels-only (granted, there are times where you'll be able to move even when stunned or rooted), but for Large Scale PVP (BGs, CU, GW) then it becomes exploitable and unfair and im against it.

Also please do notice that there are some exploits or bugs that dont require proxy usage to do them. One of them is the sorc/mystic going underwater in FWC and keep attacking you, you can do that with and without proxy.
  • @Pwhoops thank you SO much for this! I'll share it with the support team to make sure we can cross-verify any cheaters. You da best!
  • Can't say that i'm surprised.
    FWC is getting removed next patch. Hopefully the new bg is not infected by agr yet.
    :sweat:
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭✭

the ones listed there for this issue is actually accurate its funny cuz its been a week, people have submitted video/pics etc of this guy and nothing is being done he even tried to impersonate other people on github to spread the module, its also a guy you might remember from av.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @Pwhoops thank you SO much for this! I'll share it with the support team to make sure we can cross-verify any cheaters. You da best!

Instead of relying on unreliable "evidence", if you can even call it that, which bases off lucky or unlucky players that happen to be playing against the cheaters and leaving out key players who are friends with higher ups in the Battleground discord and actively being left out of any spreadsheeting, would you like some help creating a proxy module or system server side that can detect who is doing it for some REAL evidence? It would take 20-30 minutes at most as it is an absurdly easy distance check that basically every US citizen has to learn how to do during grade school.

As I know you are in the Battleground discord, you are able to read their rules. Rule number one in their discord is "No witchhunts", yet their blacklist channel contains staff members blatantly witchhunting people with almost zero evidence other than having low score for consecutive games, happening to be on teams who are doing it, etc etc. I personally know people who have already been banned and unbanned due to false accusations of this exploit and it's absolutely infuriating that people would even consider laying out a ban based on members of the community's faulty spreadsheeting.

Shouldn't be that hard to detect at all especially not hard enough to warrant banning people based on mob rule accusations and I implore you to seek help from people who know what they're talking about and can detect actual exploiting quite easily instead of some of these battleground people who hardly even know what the exploit is. Even the first post that started this thread is ignorant to how the exploit is even functioning as they think it is possible to turn invisible somehow (which is 100% not possible).
  • Yea, i already recommended adding a distance check as well a couple days ago, but for the packet send to be on a distance check to just stop having it possible to exploit