[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

PvP Servers Merging Into PvE Servers

PvP servers have been patiently waiting for PvP events for the last three months that Denommenator mentioned in my previous thread, and we have NOT heard from him since that day. GvG was a really nice addition, but the population continues to fall, and has not visibly changed since the Deathwrack update. I'm worried that eventually it will get to the point where PvP servers are going to be abandoned entirely if nothing is done in the immediate future.

I would like to request a Merge of PvP Servers into the PvE Servers, so that those who have remained can at least continue to play on a server with much higher population and be able to enjoy all aspects that TERA has to offer.

Comments

• ExipheusExipheus Kazura (XB1 NA Lakan ) mod
    edited November 2018
    Rinky wrote: »
    PvP servers have been patiently waiting for PvP events for the last three months that Denommenator mentioned in my previous thread, and we have NOT heard from him since that day. GvG was a really nice addition, but the population continues to fall, and has not visibly changed since the Deathwrack update. I'm worried that eventually it will get to the point where PvP servers are going to be abandoned entirely if nothing is done in the immediate future.

I would like to request a Merge of PvP Servers into the PvE Servers, so that those who have remained can at least continue to play on a server with much higher population and be able to enjoy all aspects that TERA has to offer.
    I support the merging of servers. It would help many people find dungeons and PVP can be opt in/out (via Outlaw Declaration) for those who don't want it. It could look bad publically, but what do looks matter if the reality is one server is all but dead?

-Kazura, XB1 Lakan
  • I'm all for this. I mostly do PVE but I also enjoy PVP, as I have characters on both servers. On PC back when Alliance was still around, I did that a lot, then moved on to GvG. I've recently been going GvG on console as well and I really enjoy it! Plus I have friends on the PVP server so doing more content with them would be really nice as well. That, or perhaps somehow make server transfer vouchers available.
  • I have been playing this game since it has come out on Xbox and I completely agree with this I can see that on the pvp server we are slowly but surely declining iam one of many people on the pvp server who would be more than happy to lose outlaw mode in favor of a high population.
  • I have supported this game for a long time. I started playing Tera on PC many years ago, ive played on PS4, and now im playing on Xbox. I started out on the PVP server, but then switched to the PVE server because of the population. I really enjoy both PVP and PVE, but the number of people on the PVP server has dropped drastically since I've started playing on console. I will absolutely have to agree with this, and say that the PVP server should be merged in with us on the PVE server. Ive seen the small population on their server. Ive seen how hard it can be to find groups for dungeons. When our highwatch on the PVE server has 40+ people, theirs is empty. Just one big PVP/PVE server. Its a win-win. The PVPers get a population to play with, and the PVErs get to GVG.
  • I’m with Rinky here, I believe that in addition to pvp players gaining a population to play with, pve players will gain more competent players to complete end game dungeons with. I stated around 30-45 times during the time period after the announcement of server merge and the implementation of the server merge, that Xbox NA would benefit greatly from a merge of all servers in 1 large server.
  • edited November 2018
    Yea do it. -End, Lakan
  • PYGN3PMNTEPYGN3PMNTE ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    What's even the point of the PVE/PVP label on servers ?

You cant PVP before 65 > no griefing low levels
    You cant PVP if you dont use Outlaw Declaration Scroll > no griefing randoms
    Many safe zones around the map such as dungeon entrances and such > at lvl65 it is very rare you are wandering around the world map, the only occasion would be for Rally BAM
  • I AM on pvp server and spent lots of money / time waiting for it to get better and it has not.. I would also like to move to pve server be for its to late...
  • i am in support of this merger.

-gus.gus
  • This needs to happen. The population had a very slight increase/return of players with Deathwreck update, but has declined already. Content is not moving fast enough to keep the remaining pvp population afloat. This will continue to happen until it is addressed or as rinky said the server will be abandoned. I play multiple hours everyday. Also a GM of one of the strongest guilds on the server. But even I have ventured off to play on Pve server at times due to population issues. We can’t even get a dungeon group of just players on our server. Help, or more will continue to leave your game. This is what needs to happen for the remaining community to prosper. Or as we said, it will die.
  • I am Excellent and I approve this post.
  • I've played a tank on the PvP server since release, I have no alts, and no interest in alts. It's gotten to the point where the population is so low, that to run dungeons i'm forced into being a DPS as a tank, as there just aren't enough players to fill multiple groups. I too have been waiting patiently for some magic revival of the PvP servers, but all we got was a lousy bonus experience event for leveling a Ninja. It seems that EME and Bluehole have already abandoned us. I've spent a lot of money on this game, and I'd hate to see it all go to waste.
  • I am the Wave Master and I approve of this. I would like to play with my trash pvp friends.
  • groovenikgroovenik ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Another vote to see this happen, but with one caveat - Give all characters Outlaw Declaration ability upon reaching Level 65. One server, but with PvP completely optional.

~Groove
  • edited November 2018
    I believe PvP should be merged just due to the sheer population decrease alone, a lack of pvp events causes players that love pvp to abandon their characters on that server just to start all over losing cosmetics and progress to play on our PvE server with active players and become pve oriented players themselves. Guild versus Guild launched on pvp servers but the population simply doesn’t exist for that to function properly. Something needs to be done to fix these problems. Like the person above said, add in the option to activate open world pvp after the merge for those wanting to participate. We have plenty of people that love pvp in our guild and I support this.
    - Kiss-Shot from XB1 Lakan