We have maintenance Tuesday, December 18 from 7 - 12 pm PST (five hours). Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Brawler Level up event buddy up code only?

Please tell me veterans who want to make an Elin brawler get rewarded as well. No, I don't mean the level 65s getting keys etc I mean it'd be nice for Veterans to get items on their brawlers as well. I am a pretty active player so of course, I don't qualify for the buddy up anymore and I was really looking forward to a level up event for my brawler. Or, is there going to be the buddy up event + another level up event?

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Just go inactive for awhile to qualify xd EU welcomes you to crave your tera needs
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    Just go inactive for awhile to qualify xd EU welcomes you to crave your tera needs

Even if I went Inactive for 30 days the event would be over by the time I came back, I also play on EU and have for almost a year now. Oh well, at least I can get keys.
  • edited November 6
    The event is both. There's a part of the event that's for everyone (regular level-up event):

"Each and every elin brawler who hits level 65 during this event earns a pile of rewards: cool pets, costumes, weapon skins, mounts, and footsteps—plus a full set of Twistshard gear, a Guardian Mask, and a Cleansing Brooch when you reach level 65, so you can dive even deeper into the game!"

Then there's a second additional part that's souped-up BuddyUp Rewards:

"Better still, if you help an elin brawler level up, you’ll also receive rewards, including BuddyUp! Codes, consumables, level 65 crafting materials, and up to 12 Strongbox Keys."

So basically the best combo is LevelUp+BuddyUp together, but even just LevelUp alone gets the core level up prizes. (I suspect they are hoping that, instead, you'll give out your BuddyUp code so you can get the inviter rewards.)

• The event is both. There's a part of the event that's for everyone (regular level-up event):

"Each and every elin brawler who hits level 65 during this event earns a pile of rewards: cool pets, costumes, weapon skins, mounts, and footsteps—plus a full set of Twistshard gear, a Guardian Mask, and a Cleansing Brooch when you reach level 65, so you can dive even deeper into the game!"

Then there's a second additional part that's souped-up BuddyUp Rewards:

"Better still, if you help an elin brawler level up, you’ll also receive rewards, including BuddyUp! Codes, consumables, level 65 crafting materials, and up to 12 Strongbox Keys."

So basically the best combo is LevelUp+BuddyUp together, but even just LevelUp alone gets the core level up prizes. (I suspect they are hoping that, instead, you'll give out your BuddyUp code so you can get the inviter rewards.)

Got it. I have a lot of buddy up codes to give out lol so that works for me.
  • I agree with the OP.

Why buddy-codes that only apply only to people who haven’t played for 30days? I could give out buddy-up codes, but not every random person who takes my code will make it to 65, thus wasting my code.

It’s discouraging if I wanted to make an elin brawler (pretty sure I’ll get to 65) and I don’t get to exercise an add-on code, just because I login regularly. Don’t get it. In fact, shouldn’t EME be rewarding the existing active playerbase more right now?
  • edited November 7
    Solate wrote: »
    I agree with the OP.

Why buddy-codes that only apply only to people who haven’t played for 30days? I could give out buddy-up codes, but not every random person who takes my code will make it to 65, thus wasting my code.

It’s discouraging if I wanted to make an elin brawler (pretty sure I’ll get to 65) and I don’t get to exercise an add-on code, just because I login regularly. Don’t get it. In fact, shouldn’t EME be rewarding the existing active playerbase more right now?

They improved the wording of the news post now to be more clear also, but the event itself is for all. They just also beefed up the BuddyUp rewards at the same time as a permanent move going forward.

The level up event is actually not directly related to BuddyUp at all.
  • Solate wrote: »
    I agree with the OP.

They improved the wording of the news post now to be more clear also, but the event itself is for all. They just also beefed up the BuddyUp rewards at the same time as a permanent move going forward.

Thanks @Counterpoint. I know what you mean, but there is a difference here.

Buddy-up applies perfectly during normal times, when active players don't actively think about "leveling". And, returning/new players need some additional benefits to encourage them to play.

However, this is a leveling event promotion. "All new players or players returning to TERA after 30 days" will receive the buddyup! rewards. Active players (or those who stopped playing for 2-weeks -- isn't there a higher chance of reaching back to these people?) who are thinking of creating an elin brawler won't.
  • edited November 7
    I agree with the OP.

Thanks @Counterpoint. I know what you mean, but there is a difference here.

Buddy-up applies perfectly during normal times, when active players don't actively think about "leveling". And, returning/new players need some additional benefits to encourage them to play.

However, this is a leveling event promotion. "All new players or players returning to TERA after 30 days" will receive the buddyup! rewards. Active players (or those who stopped playing for 2-weeks -- isn't there a higher chance of reaching back to these people?) who are thinking of creating an elin brawler won't.

Oh, that's just how BuddyUp works in general, then, unrelated to this leveling event. I don't think there's any way for them to turn off BuddyUp just for the classes that already have some other leveling event going on at the same time.

Personally, I agree that I don't like that it sort of incentivizes people to take breaks before a new class launches to get the max buffs, and there's no way for active players to use it... but if there were a way for active players to use it, it'd be abused too (to a certain degree, anyway -- of course people can just create new accounts, but they won't have elite, account items, etc.). So basically, to fix that, you'd need to completely rework it.
  • CyborqCyborq ✭✭
    edited November 7
    Could make it so that any Elin Brawler made during the event (given that it is used once for one character per server) could use a Buddy Up code.
    That way people don't need to go on hiatus to be able to reap buddy code benefits, and we will be swimming in tanks.

Would be limited to Elin Brawlers for those who do not meet the requirement of the inactive status.
    Open for any class and race for those who do.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, never involve Buddy up into a leveling event again. That would have been the most fair way to do things.
  • Here's the forum post that explains it a little better.

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29763/levelup-with-buddyup-fiery-featherweights-edition#latest

Hope this clears a few things up, but @counterpoint has done a great job :3