[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Possible to get a 4k WP of elin brawler event pictures?

2»

Answers

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Crvnch
    UPDATE:
    Kit Tea posted just a day after on the News & Announcement section a topic about the leveling event, and, lo and behold, a full HD version of that picture:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29763/levelup-with-buddyup-fiery-featherweights-edition#latest
    (Right click and "See image")

Which means....
    Waifu2x to the rescue gives you a precisely 4K (nitpicking: home user 4K so 4x Full HD, actual DCI standard 4K is 4096x2160) with just 2x scale, so more detail and less blur!

There you go with the 2x version then, it does have an oversall lower resolution (given the other version went up to 4096 width) but more real detail so there's that huge advantage:
    6oEXlh0.jpg
    (Same as before, right click, "see image")

*trying to post this [filtered] image since morning but thanks to my internet connection it was an exercise in futility. Now, here it is!
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    @Crvnch
    UPDATE:
    Kit Tea posted just a day after on the News & Announcement section a topic about the leveling event, and, lo and behold, a full HD version of that picture:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29763/levelup-with-buddyup-fiery-featherweights-edition#latest
    (Right click and "See image")

Which means....
    Waifu2x to the rescue gives you a precisely 4K (nitpicking: home user 4K so 4x Full HD, actual DCI standard 4K is 4096x2160) with just 2x scale, so more detail and less blur!

There you go with the 2x version then, it does have an oversall lower resolution (given the other version went up to 4096 width) but more real detail so there's that huge advantage:
    6oEXlh0.jpg
    (Same as before, right click, "see image")

*trying to post this [filtered] image since morning but thanks to my internet connection it was an exercise in futility. Now, here it is!

Ayy, good lookin' out! Ty
  • anyone who likes elins this much needs to be reported to the authorities, something wrong with you.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    On a 43 inch 1920 1080 screen, these look bigger than what I'd think a life size elin would be.
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    anyone who likes elins this much needs to be reported to the authorities, something wrong with you.

I'd advice those about to answer to this to forget him and move on. It's sound advice that would deflate the issue before it starts. But I don't care anymore. Anyway, regardless of my stance, you all will anyway fire at will.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Nopi wrote: »
    On a 43 inch 1920 1080 screen, these look bigger than what I'd think a life size elin would be.
    anyone who likes elins this much needs to be reported to the authorities, something wrong with you.

I'd advice those about to answer to this to forget him and move on. It's sound advice that would deflate the issue before it starts. But I don't care anymore. Anyway, regardless of my stance, you all will anyway fire at will.

kek no, way too lowball attempt, not worth biting the bait on purpose.

Now you made me want to try this on the room's 40" TV...

EDIT: Another thing I wonder, is how tiny Castanics actually are: when you think of it, Elins are shorter indeed, but very little shorter. And heck they're supposed to be loli anyway, and look the part nearby humans (even then they don't have a gigantic difference tho), but Castanics being not so taller, but way less THICC would make them for sure weigh less than Elins...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

EDIT: Another thing I wonder, is how tiny Castanics actually are: when you think of it, Elins are shorter indeed, but very little shorter. And heck they're supposed to be loli anyway, and look the part nearby humans (even then they don't have a gigantic difference tho), but Castanics being not so taller, but way less THICC would make them for sure weigh less than Elins...

Castanics are, in comparison to everyone else, mini people. They have less cartoony proportions (they still have fantasy body proportions so I can't say "correct human proportions" either), but their overall size is far past petite. They are miniature. Use a height modifier and they can be shorter than the standard elin. Their hands are also rather big as well.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

Castanics are, in comparison to everyone else, mini people. They have less cartoony proportions (they still have fantasy body proportions so I can't say "correct human proportions" either), but their overall size is far past petite. They are miniature. Use a height modifier and they can be shorter than the standard elin. Their hands are also rather big as well.

It feels like all girls (maybe save for Elin, if even) use the same hands, which would be good on humans, tiny but good on elves and...weird on Castanics.
    I would estimate a Castanic female's height at around 1.50 or so (meters... can't bother to convert to burger units sorry 'murrica), Elins at somewhere around 1.45 and humans maybe 1.75 or so, elves close to 2m but not that much maybe, or...meh my estimates are likely very far since it's just memory and guesswork
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hands overall in Tera are pretty cringy. Then again, it's hard to model hands on a 3D app. I have done it with mixed results.