How do you feel about the constant race/gender locking?

I personally dislike it and wish they'd stop it.

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    People don't like it but it aint gonna change so meh, whatever
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Nobody likes it, but devs on different companies have constantly stuck to the practice because is the cheapest way to bring something to their older games. But like everything else, it should have a limit where people stop being impressed by the stuff and start demanding real content.

I feel Tera already needs new open world content. Maybe a level 70 cap and a big chunk of land to explore.
  • I dont mind tbh. Its not going away though, not that quickly.

Showing racial bias to certain races ,especially female races, has repeatedly proven to bring in more money over spending money to un gender/race lock a class and probably not make it back.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it, but I honestly don't care much since Tera already has much less locking than other mmos I've played. (Bdo, Bns, etc).
    Plus, I like elins, so I automatically don't mind the bias the developers are catering to.

I'm just glad that they seem open to the idea of opening more classes to other genders and races. Elin only has one more class to overtake, and then they're out of classes to unlock to elin. BHS said they didn't have any plans of making any additional classes in the foreseeable future, which means it's only a matter of time until we start getting stuff like castanic brawlers, male gunners, and whatever else.
  • i tried playing other games and found out it's way worse everywhere else soo
    very much got over it. fortunate that the new classes haven't interested me
  • I dont like it, but westerners cant make mmos so I just deal with it.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    can live with that since i spend at least 1000 hours on black desert :)
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only game I know that has all races and genders open to all classes is GW2. But that's because they introduced so far, like one extra class only. They are too busy adding actual story content to bother themselves with extra classes. BnS is a mixed bag. Yes, there is race lock, but all classes can be played as males, at least. Their female only race doesn't have any exclusive classes. This means the locking doesn't impact much what people can do.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I like playing female characters, I understand how annoying it must be. I'd love to have a human or elven ninja. Will it happen? Maybe, maybe not. Who knows with BHS these days?
    Nopi wrote: »
    Maybe a level 70 cap

I remember making this same suggestion a few months ago and got told to GTFO. Of all things to be averse toward, I didn't think a level cap increase would be one of them (especially since the last one was 4 g**damn years ago).

• I don't care at all. From an Elin only player it's sad that I can't play Valk but meh, can live with it.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Nopi wrote: »
    Maybe a level 70 cap

I remember making this same suggestion a few months ago and got told to GTFO. Of all things to be averse toward, I didn't think a level cap increase would be one of them (especially since the last one was 4 g**damn years ago).
    I talked about a level cap, but I still have to see how Tera talents work. In other games, their similar "after cap" level systems do not need anything more than what you'd do daily (as in kill monsters in the field or do missions and quests for that extra XP). From what I understand, Tera talents will be a way to buff certain parts of your characters account-wide, but apparently, and if I understood it right, you only get those points from doing vanguards. The way vanguards are rewarding right now, it would mean that people in pvp will get to buff their characters faster.... until a further update makes pvp meaningless again.

Still, cap or not, I believe we could use a new patch of land and more story.
  • The last thing this game needs is more classes. If anything, they should be focusing on all the genders/races that don't have access to the newer classes yet. At first it was okay, because in the beginning every race and gender could play every class. But then they started jumping on the elin train and introduced trash classes like reaper and ninja which are both still elin-only.

I can understand reaper being elin-only fine, they can keep that, because it really is a garbage and poorly created class like valkyrie in my opinion; but ninja? Everyone should be able to play a ninja class - even amani and barakas.

Valkyrie is a class that never should have been created. I prefer female castanics, but I didn't bother making one because its a trash, brain-dead, and OP class. I main gunner and agree that it should be open to every other race and gender too. They should just focus on doing that from now on if they persist in making classes.

But please, no more new classes . BHS have proven with their last appalling creation - valkyrie - that not only are they incompetent at making well thought-out and balanced classes, but they've obviously run out of ideas and lack severely in the creativity department.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Valkyrie is a class that never should have been created. I prefer female castanics, but I didn't bother making one because its a trash, brain-dead, and OP class. I main gunner and agree that it should be open to every other race and gender too. They should just focus on doing that from now on if they persist in making classes.

This is besides the point, but can you please clarify on how something can be trash, brain-dead, and overpowered all at the same time?

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »

This is besides the point, but can you please clarify on how something can be trash, brain-dead, and overpowered all at the same time?

While I do agree with their points I find it even funnier how they said all about that about valk, and then proceeded to say they main gunner, which was in the same spot at release as valk was, op and brain dead :joy:
  • SageWindu wrote: »

I can say the same for gunner but who cares you must be saying that because of its rank in pvp right?