[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

Is it worth returning

So I've played tera for quite some time, took a hiatus, heard of some changes that pushed a few players off, but still have a few things I want to try to get done in tera, however my past guild is dead and I'm on kaitor, is pve still possible there and if so, are guilds even recruiting semi retired players? Thoughts?
«13

Comments

  • That's up to you at the end of the day. But here's my opinion on a couple of factors.

    Gearing: Depending on what kind of player you are, if you're fine with slowing down once you hit high+ stormcry gear and entropy accessories then you're probably ok. If you're the type that wants best in slot, the grind is just simply, ridiculous, and realistically, probably not worth your time.

    Kaiator: Pve is certainly viable on Kaiator, being someone who enjoys pveing on there a lot myself. I don't see guilds recruiting nearly as much as they used to but, I can think of a couple that would cater to almost all levels on the player spectrum of casual-elitist.

    EME: Over the past month or so, we've seen some pretty marked improvement from the decisions coming out of EME. There's still so much that needs attending to, (gold/silver talents in pve, reward credits shop revamp, fixing dressing room(?), and I would add to this list, better, more rewarding events like there used to be in previous patches, to name a few) so it's kinda early to be congratulating them. But truly, they have come a long way from where we were at a couple of months ago (on the issue of proxy for players with high ping, better community engagement, and clear acknowledgement/involvement of/in current performance issues that many players have with the game, to name a few) so I guess we're at a "there's a light at the end of the tunnel" stage at this point.

    Personally, I love Tera's combat system and many other less unique aspects of the game. I still believe at the end of the day that it's worth suffering through many of the poor decisions that BHS has made (emphasis on the gearing here) to try and enjoy that system as much as I can. You'll have to figure out for yourself if it's worth it for you.
  • P2WP2W ✭✭✭
    I would give EU a try if you are looking to come back. NA is just not worth playing right now even if proxy is "allowed". The grind for talents here in NA is ridiculous. You can do more in EU in one month than here in NA in a year. No exaggeration.
  • If you have to ask I'd say NO don't bother. Unless your looking for fun then Tera is lots of fun here in NA
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play fully free for a few days. See if you can connect with a guild (now you will need a guild more than ever if you want to run the latest dungeons). EME is trying to fix some of the damage they themselves did to the community recently, so the game is seeing better days than before. But it still has a ways to go to be the Tera people loved before.

    Others will tell you to go to EU Tera instead because gearing up to mid tier+ gear over there is faster. But if you already have a lot of stuff here in NA, I personally wouldn't recommend abandoning it all. Connect with a good guild here in NA and help each other gear up. Makes the grind faster and the game more fun.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    Play fully free for a few days. See if you can connect with a guild (now you will need a guild more than ever if you want to run the latest dungeons). EME is trying to fix some of the damage they themselves did to the community recently, so the game is seeing better days than before. But it still has a ways to go to be the Tera people loved before.

    Others will tell you to go to EU Tera instead because gearing up to mid tier+ gear over there is faster. But if you already have a lot of stuff here in NA, I personally wouldn't recommend abandoning it all. Connect with a good guild here in NA and help each other gear up. Makes the grind faster and the game more fun.

    what did they do?
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dydric wrote: »
    Nopi wrote: »
    Play fully free for a few days. See if you can connect with a guild (now you will need a guild more than ever if you want to run the latest dungeons). EME is trying to fix some of the damage they themselves did to the community recently, so the game is seeing better days than before. But it still has a ways to go to be the Tera people loved before.

    Others will tell you to go to EU Tera instead because gearing up to mid tier+ gear over there is faster. But if you already have a lot of stuff here in NA, I personally wouldn't recommend abandoning it all. Connect with a good guild here in NA and help each other gear up. Makes the grind faster and the game more fun.

    what did they do?

    If you mean what EME did? They managed to enrage like 95% of their player base through a few things. First, they merged servers (again), messing up the character naming for a lot of people. Then they decided to throw a DCMA cease and desist action against the developers of proxy programs that allowed many to play with better ping (and they also banned a BUNCH of players in the process). Game-wise, they made NA one of the grindiest versions of the game by limiting the flow of materials to near a halt, pretty much ensuring that only like 6 people could run the latest dungeons. All the while never really communicating with the playerbase and trying to pass it as if nothing was wrong.

    They recently started to fix things by unbanning people, doing a reverse on the whole DCMA fiasco, communicating much more with players, and trickling a bit more materials into the field. They still need to work on the grindiness, but overall they are doing better than a few weeks ago.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ryukomatoi wrote: »
    So I've played tera for quite some time, took a hiatus, heard of some changes that pushed a few players off, but still have a few things I want to try to get done in tera, however my past guild is dead and I'm on kaitor, is pve still possible there and if so, are guilds even recruiting semi retired players? Thoughts?

    well we will have in few days a new cute elin :3

    but after the last merge i just lost motivation to continue with tera :/
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    Dydric wrote: »
    Nopi wrote: »
    Play fully free for a few days. See if you can connect with a guild (now you will need a guild more than ever if you want to run the latest dungeons). EME is trying to fix some of the damage they themselves did to the community recently, so the game is seeing better days than before. But it still has a ways to go to be the Tera people loved before.

    Others will tell you to go to EU Tera instead because gearing up to mid tier+ gear over there is faster. But if you already have a lot of stuff here in NA, I personally wouldn't recommend abandoning it all. Connect with a good guild here in NA and help each other gear up. Makes the grind faster and the game more fun.

    what did they do?

    If you mean what EME did? They managed to enrage like 95% of their player base through a few things. First, they merged servers (again), messing up the character naming for a lot of people. Then they decided to throw a DCMA cease and desist action against the developers of proxy programs that allowed many to play with better ping (and they also banned a BUNCH of players in the process). Game-wise, they made NA one of the grindiest versions of the game by limiting the flow of materials to near a halt, pretty much ensuring that only like 6 people could run the latest dungeons. All the while never really communicating with the playerbase and trying to pass it as if nothing was wrong.

    They recently started to fix things by unbanning people, doing a reverse on the whole DCMA fiasco, communicating much more with players, and trickling a bit more materials into the field. They still need to work on the grindiness, but overall they are doing better than a few weeks ago.

    And this is just in the past 3 months!
  • Gear wish I have full sc +7 and +4 with daylight accessories, maybe I'll give it a try but will probably have a lot to learn with new stuff, hopefully it goes well :s
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    Na isn't worth it, you will be wasting months on lowest tier iod bams farming talents forever. It's not fun, it's not engaging nor entertaining and at this point it requires hours upon hours to get enough talents for a single try.

    Eu is fine if you dont want absolutely everything maxed, but full ho +0 with upgraded acc is not that hard if you play this game seriously. In eu they will also be adding easy way of obtaining silver talents with next update.
  • Try EU Tera, i wish i could but my ping is waay worse there.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    I will agree with others - Try EU first.

    NA has a few more things to fix before they can really be considered a region worth playing in right now. Namely, several dungeons are blocked off until you get into Stormcry, and getting there will be a slog of a grind. Also, you'll still have a few dungeons blocked off - and getting your gear upgraded enough to access THOSE is a nightmare.

    I've been playing on EU for over a month now and haven't had any issues other than one or two instances of lag spikes that I just stopped playing for a couple hours and came back, and resumed as normal.
  • I'll probably try it again on EU this time. Last time I've played like 4 or 5 years ago but got bored pretty quickly.
  • Y'all are going way overboard with the farm talents for month [filtered] lmao, you must be playing 5 minutes a day, or just being really innefficient and to make up for it you blame it on the game, zz
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all are going way overboard with the farm talents for month [filtered] lmao, you must be playing 5 minutes a day, or just being really innefficient and to make up for it you blame it on the game, zz

    Humor us, then. Care to share your methods?
Sign In or Register to comment.