We have maintenance Tuesday, December 18 from 7 - 12 pm PST (five hours). Thank you for your patience and understanding!

When are you removing xingcode?

1235»

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭
    edited October 23
    Gatokatzen wrote: »
    [Removing Forum Violation]

Well, after your explanation, I feel so much better. I don't live in Korea, so I guess all of my [Removing Forum Violation] will stay safe and sound. LOL
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    AmakusaKun wrote: »

and you trust in EME judgement? they clearly don't know what they are doing, we don't know what they sign, maybe they can't remove xingcode without paying lots of money, if blue hole can't prevent cheaters in a game like PUBG with all the money that they have, is because they are either incapable or don't want to seriously stop the cheaters because they are greedy, this is Tera, they have at best 10k players every month with different accounts, sure they make a lot of money, cause p2w is very hard, you need to put hundreds if you want to p2w, only good thing you can get worth your money is a dragon with the passive and some stuff like elite

Simple answer? I trust nobody. Not them, not you. I'm not really here to pick sides since all we want is the same. A better game. Now, I'm trying to see both sides of the story, for as many people I see here talking about how incompetent EME is or is not, I go in game and still see tons of people running around doing things.

Yesterday I fired up an old alt account and made a new character on it to see how populated the early areas are. I actually had to switch channels several times to be able to do yellow quests. The very starter area had new characters popping out of the spawn zone every 5 or so seconds. That's not an indicative of the game having too low population (and I've been in low pop games so I know one when I see it). Being alts or not, people are being active in game. And chats in Area and World were as lewd as they have always been (in their usual and constant exploration of a certain male anatomy part and on female inner clothing), so people aren't also talking about the issues in game much. Been to several areas at different hours and afking for fair amounts of time to gather conversations, and haven't seen anything on the subject yet, though my sample may still be small in comparison.

There clearly is something bothering a portion of the player base, and I agree that everyone should be heard and if a fix is possible, it should be done. But as far as i've seen, it's not bothering everyone to the point of quitting (or else Highwatch and Cresentia would be empty by now), or going ballistic against BHS and EME everywhere. That's why I asked your specific opinion, since despite the silence and if they have any capacity to react, someone at EME does read these threads.

Though sure, like the beating of a dead horse, some will also say that the solutions have been posted here many times long ago, of which EME's inaction of these fuels their proof that they are either inept or intentionally evil. So, as I said before, while we have these conversations, I educate myself in the process and gain knowledge I can use later to help others. And if somehting good can come from these, all the better. If not? The gaming industry is large and there are other games and other companies out there, maybe more willing to listen to these pars of the player base.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    edited October 23
    Christin wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »

Well, after your explanation, I feel so much better. I don't live in Korea, so I guess all of my [Removing Forum Violation] will stay safe and sound. LOL

• @AmakusaKun Not sure if you saw the news, but wanted to let you know about tomorrow! https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29777/focused-updates-on-tera-fuot-1#latest
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    @AmakusaKun Not sure if you saw the news, but wanted to let you know about tomorrow! https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/29777/focused-updates-on-tera-fuot-1#latest

yes i'm aware of the news, thanks KTC
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if they are removing it, isnt xingcode still on your pc regardless?
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Even if they are removing it, isnt xingcode still on your pc regardless?

From what I understand, Xigncode is supposedly "summoned" to work when the game calls for it. So it shouldn't really be "Installed" in your computer. Perhaps some files may reside in the game's own folder. I'm not sure f that though. But once the update hits, any Xigncode files there will most likely be also removed.

Meaning, unless you have another game that uses Xigncode (like BnS), you shouldn't be seeing it on your system. Sure. Some programs leave trash files and registry keys behind.
1235»