[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Gearing

Is it worth to push for full SC+7 or 9 still? I’m heading to wait till they make it easier but then I’ve also heard to just wait because new gear is dropping soon?

Comments

• we are following ktera so its not probably gonna get easier unless eme themselves makes the mats drop more and the new gear coming soon ur talking about are pvp gears.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    At the very least there will be Elemental Essences added to the metamorphic emblems shop.

And i am not sure what to say about the cost because it is very expensive to go from +7 up to +9SC and it makes almost no difference when fighting +2HO players ( HO is so much more overpowered than it looks like at the first sight ).

Sadly, the HO gear will probably ruin the already small balance that this game has.. ( that along with the talent system ).

p.s at least there is the pvp gear in sight and it might deal with the HO issue
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, current incoming gear is for pvp. The way I see this whole HO thing, it will most likely be THE gear to use for awhile. They will just keep adding numbers to it until it reaches, I suppose +9. What I would LIKE to happen is for the devs to remove Guardian and maybe even TH in the future so people can reach 65 and awaken at the same time.

The current "work for your awakening" works for some, but it also has the caveat of tossing a change of rotations and play style after you have started end game content. And I'm more of a believer of having your character skills completed on max level so you can start using low tier end game dungeons to learn rotations and such.
  • Nopi wrote: »
    Indeed, current incoming gear is for pvp. The way I see this whole HO thing, it will most likely be THE gear to use for awhile. They will just keep adding numbers to it until it reaches, I suppose +9. What I would LIKE to happen is for the devs to remove Guardian and maybe even TH in the future so people can reach 65 and awaken at the same time.

The current "work for your awakening" works for some, but it also has the caveat of tossing a change of rotations and play style after you have started end game content. And I'm more of a believer of having your character skills completed on max level so you can start using low tier end game dungeons to learn rotations and such.

If you want to progress and be stronger that where awakening comes in that's why there are item levels tera has reach a stage where players are just lazy and don't want to work to get better added with that is EME way of dishing out the mats in the economy cause there a players with loads of them in their bank so new up coming players who don't have s---hit when they start to farm and see that's its hard they go hmm, after all that farm my s---hit fail with all those attempts wth is this s--hit boom i'm done, this is madness and they quit or they go the other route buy gold and buy gears all because they find its too hard because EME finds that there is to many mats in players possession and I wonder how many. If EME understands the frustration of gearing and what it entails the would operate like EU and we would see a better retention of new players. Not saying the gearing is the reason there other for players leaving.

So yes in tera gearing is hard, yes you can fail a lot, but you are rewarded big time for clearing stuff so players will not care about the failing part when enchanting why because they have loads of mats (puff!) well that's a dream i'm waiting for EME to wake up and shake out of their stinginess.

A Happy customer will spend money a lot players will get back elite for sure including myself if they a rewarded for the work but hey running one dungeon gets you 3 golden talents sometimes and boom look how much you need for HO ALONE awaiting for something like what Eu has cause its working over there gearing is fast from what i heard and i'm sure Eu is making some serious dollars why cause players are happy. So look at Na look at how much for elite now you know its so high cause no one is buying hardly players buying emp from player now 1:150 i saw one guy selling for and i'm like what? So the cost of everything is going up and if eme don't do something well what can I say, if you want to make it to the top when you hit 65 swipe buy gold from a player and boom +9 storm buy mats from sell runs boom HO full stop.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Gameforge used to be much worse than how it is En Masse these days and because of this many players from Europe ( including myself ) decided to play on the North America servers with many of the games published by Gameforge being led to ruin due to the vicious strategy that they had in the past ( as example: enchanting materials as in talents right now -masterwork alkahest back then- used to drop only from the cash shop and one or two dungeons with the twist that the dungeons had a poor drop chance so players either had to spend money or do the same two dungeons until eternity ).

But it all changed and now Gameforge is much more friendly to their player base.

Maybe something will change with En Masse as well.
  • well, regarles ee add to metamorpic shop, still are very heavy spensive get +9 full sc

full +7 sc vs full +9 sc , you have +5 % more damage ( 4% flat, 1% pve) and 12% more hp ( cuz the diference between weapon atack modificador is little if you add more power)

same between + 9 sc vs ho +0, more in weapon since you can get +2% flat damage and 1%pve ( +354 atack modificador), gear only gave you 2%hp and 6 endurance
  • Took me 9 (yes Nine) attempts to upgrade weapon on my main from SC7 to SC8. I play by myself as my guild is pretty lame using matching for Ds. Getting the three Essential Elements required to have a low chance at upgrading is long and time consuming. Remember you aren’t garunteed to get an EE each run. This weekend I averaged 16 % EE rate; 2 EEs in 12 runs. That also includes runs on an alt to give EEs to main if I got one. I don’t think upgrades should be given away but they need to review this process as I think it is a bit much. I don’t even want to think about SC9. Oh and the Phos Ash is just as hard to come by. I don’t mind working for an upgrade but this is worse than getting Gallahorn in Destiny 1.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    well, im do somes cs in double bellicarium credits and spam drcnm since is very easy dungeon, and if im luky with a few runs and few cs im hable to get like 4-5 ee for one chance to get full +9

by the way im no play like 5 mouths ( since june to october) so im little no update in gear
  • are they gonna add OW shards to emblem shop too
  • @Nikitesla There are worse cases than that xD https://imgur.com/a/BhgprK9 a friend showed me this, and my Lance took 12 tries to go from +8-9 SC... RNGeasus can be a cruel being...
    That being said, I fully agree that the availability of mats is less than ideal. Even worse are the sources of the basic mats. When the best way to get basic mats is low end content that does nothing to stimulate interaction, there is a major flaw in the system. (Or to farm Battlegrounds...but that is it's own problem because many don't care about PVP and will simply que and afk because all they are there for are the mats)
  • Yes RNG was not smiling on me. 12 tries to SC9 that is painful and costly in time and in-game materials. It shouldn’t be that hard. What if there was a CAP on the number of tries for each level of gear; after X numer of tries the next one you get it? I guess in a way that is what the % syestem does ie higher chance for Guardian vs Twist vs Frost vs SC. But 9 or 12 tries to up grade SC seems like too much.
  • Nikitesla wrote: »
    Yes RNG was not smiling on me. 12 tries to SC9 that is painful and costly in time and in-game materials. It shouldn’t be that hard. What if there was a CAP on the number of tries for each level of gear; after X numer of tries the next one you get it? I guess in a way that is what the % syestem does ie higher chance for Guardian vs Twist vs Frost vs SC. But 9 or 12 tries to up grade SC seems like too much.

fU72qFD.jpg

This is me on my alt starting from 30% chance and failing each time up to 54% ending with eight tries failed in a row.

And for +9SC it is much better to wait until Elemetal Essences will be added to the Metamorphic shop.
  • I feel your pain. Phos Ash is what 3k for one? Can’t wait to see how much an EE will be. I’m sure cost prohibitive.
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Nikitesla wrote: »
    Yes RNG was not smiling on me. 12 tries to SC9 that is painful and costly in time and in-game materials. It shouldn’t be that hard. What if there was a CAP on the number of tries for each level of gear; after X numer of tries the next one you get it? I guess in a way that is what the % syestem does ie higher chance for Guardian vs Twist vs Frost vs SC. But 9 or 12 tries to up grade SC seems like too much.

fU72qFD.jpg

This is me on my alt starting from 30% chance and failing each time up to 54% ending with eight tries failed in a row.

And for +9SC it is much better to wait until Elemetal Essences will be added to the Metamorphic shop.

if they make the materials drop more it would encourage players to run stuff, i was never a hard core player and i have my main in full +9 storm take your time, save up, enchant forget the hurdles you see go for it the joy comes after the hard work is done and look back and say yes i did it with a smile.
  • I feel things like EE and Veils should be harder to get. There needs to be some sort of limiting factor that prevents players from maxing out too quickly. When that happens, people run out of things to do and you end up with the problems that this game had in the past where the game would be active for a couple months, then dead for a few months as everyone waited for the next patch.

The biggest problem with the game at the moment is that the biggest limiting factors are talents and to a lesser extent gems. The only feasible way to farm for these is to mindlessly grind low tier content because, talents at least, are essentially absent from endgame instances. I can't speak for everyone...but I feel it is a lot more enjoyable to farm for mats in dungeons appropriate to your gear level than to mindlessly grind content you are far far over geared for and content that is just simply not fun to do (IoD, Guardian, BG's).