[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 2/18 at 6pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Which is the best DPS

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VirtualON My best friend mains Ninja, and she can out dps people in Heroic Oath Gear, in her SC +9. You probably need to check again which is the strongest DPS, because ever since Apex, Ninjas have been wrecking the charts. But of course, you can choose a ninja, and still perform extremely poorly.

No matter what DPS class you pick, even if its the strongest, if you dont even know basic rotations and take the time to master it, you arent any better than just using auto attack for everything.
  • > @Zoknahal said:
    > @VirtualON My best friend mains Ninja, and she can out dps people in Heroic Oath Gear, in her SC +9. You probably need to check again which is the strongest DPS, because ever since Apex, Ninjas have been wrecking the charts.

Archers amd Gunners so far pull ahead of ninjas, also ninja is about to take a 15% nerf to boomerang shuriken soon so ninja might not be top 3 anymore.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    cute elin is the best dps, she use her cuteness for dps :3
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    @VirtualON My best friend mains Ninja, and she can out dps people in Heroic Oath Gear, in her SC +9. You probably need to check again which is the strongest DPS, because ever since Apex, Ninjas have been wrecking the charts. But of course, you can choose a ninja, and still perform extremely poorly.

No matter what DPS class you pick, even if its the strongest, if you dont even know basic rotations and take the time to master it, you arent any better than just using auto attack for everything.

He mains gunner that why is first on his list like I was running trnm and this valk thought he was carrying the run because he saw big damage numbers when i told them that i'm carry right now he started s---hit talking me what he didn't know is i had a dps meter running and that the mystic was doing more than him in the party shame shame what why these new player think they playing with best dps make them the best sorry for many new player i'm seeing that's why I love tanking I main brawler yeah I feel happy when i'm top dps but idc as long as I do my job this list about top dps class is bs in my book if you aim to be best at your class you will out dps this top dps list BS. When ninja was being called s--hit class I met a ninja in run and that guy was op he knew how to play and had lower gear than my brawler and out dpsing me I felt shame so again is how you play the class your ping your computer hardware your internet all they play a part in being the best dps.
  • I really hope EME is able to track and ban the script users.

Those types of cheating bastards ruin it for everyone.
  • Going to echo other posters and say you should play what most appeals to you at face value and not sweat DPS too much.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »

That doesn't mean that ninja is the strongest DPS now. Some people are just really good with ninja. Anyone can be great with their class.

What it probably is is that the people in the HO weren't as great with their class. I can do the same on my gunner to other players who are more geared than me, including ninjas. There's only so much being gear-carried can do for you in PvE. Its like you said its relative to how well you play your class.

Really just play the one you have fun with. Enough with this 'best dps' nonsense.
  • Or you could look at moongourd and just look at the facts.

https://moongourd.com/eu/hiscores?area=982&boss=3000&class=All Classes

Looks like Gunner, Archer was somewhat accurate.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    VirtualON wrote: »
    Can you people stop answering like morons?

Who gives a shi.t if you outdps a new player??? Answer this question assuming equal skills or shut the hell up.

Class max potential has nothing to do with individuals skills.

Top dps is something like this : Gunner = Archer >= Valk = Ninja = Zerk > the rest. Although the difference is not big like before.

The best gunner will destroy the best slayer any day of the week. So pleass stop with horseshit "best class = class you are good at". Thanks.
    ^
    You got a very valid point there!
    Tera is one of the most unbalanced games that i ever played (cuz BHS in fact make money out of ppl rerolling every 6 months), and someone ask about the best dps class (cuz there's top and garbage tiers on EVERY patch) and ppl say that "the best is the one that you enjoy" or the "class that you know how to play" lol.
    Nobody is asking about skill hahaha, it's just: "Is A>B?", i'm pretty sure that, both players with the same skill level, one will deal way more dps on archer than on slayer!
    It's just like if i ask: "Which is the faster car, a Ferrari or a Fiesta?" and someone say that it doesn't matter it's all about your skill driving hahaha!
    Tera is not a serious competitive game at all!
    This game is such a meme that you can buy a fkn U$150 script to undo the nerf BHS made to Zerks so you can deal you 10M/s broken dps hahaha!
    Now if you wanna ask what dps you should play (and not "which is the best dps"), then: Play whatever you want, i'm pretty sure BHS will either nerf the current top DPS or release another more stupid broken BS just to force ppl to reroll, that's what they're doing since 2013~2014 afterall!
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    VirtualON wrote: »
    Can you people stop answering like morons?

Who gives a shi.t if you outdps a new player??? Answer this question assuming equal skills or shut the hell up.

Class max potential has nothing to do with individuals skills.

Top dps is something like this : Gunner = Archer >= Valk = Ninja = Zerk > the rest. Although the difference is not big like before.

The best gunner will destroy the best slayer any day of the week. So pleass stop with horseshit "best class = class you are good at". Thanks.

You forgot about Dean on Warrior.
  • the best dps is the person reads guides
    knows all dungeons
    and good internet connection

If you do not go read any guide better do not play

one more of the amount that your party does the rest work this afk waiting party
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Now if you wanna ask what dps you should play (and not "which is the best dps"), then: Play whatever you want, i'm pretty sure BHS will either nerf the current top DPS or release another more stupid broken BS just to force ppl to reroll, that's what they're doing since 2013~2014 afterall!

No body is forcing you to play the newest broken class? people are just quick to jump into the hype bandwagon.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    $150 class script > ethical.

I'm serious. Look up any top DPS parse and majority of them are using scripts to win. The term "win" in their minds at least.

None of the rank 1 players of each class are bernscripters ($150 script) except 1 or 2 out of the 10 or so classes that we have.
  • AuranuAuranu ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Alright, since nobody seems to be giving you a straight answer I'm gonna do my best to give you the most accurate information for tera NA. First, some classes do better than others on certain fights, and fight length also makes a difference, but Im gonna use the last boss of grotto hm (kylos) for this example. If you check NA moongourd (this is important as other regions have different buffs) and look at the BEST PLAYERS ONLY the ranking is gunner> sorc > reaper > archer > warrior > valk > berserker > slayer > ninja > rest, i will say this again tho it is FOR INDIVIDUAL DPS ONLY AND ONLY THE PLAYERS AT THE TOP OF MOONGOURD.

What you should look at for a better idea of class dps is the averages (where most people are, like it or not), and if you do the ranking changes to gunner > war > archer > valk > ninja > sorc > slayer > reaper > berserker > rest.

The tldr is that what is top will depend on your skill as a player so get good at what you like and remember other regions have different buffs/ consums that NA so their data means little to nothing here.

edit: moongourd isnt mandatory or supported by eme and not everybody uploads, nor is every fight uploaded its just the best if your looking for dps numbers... a ton of endgame players do upload tho

source btw https://moongourd.com/stats?area=982&boss=3000
  • 6AWC3DP9PR6AWC3DP9PR ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Auranu wrote: »
    snip

I wouldn't say data of other regions means nothing, you can account for most of the minor consumable differences like Powerful Savage Draught and even that Russian consumable since they're fairly simple. Perspective is everything.

@Saabi That user would sooner accuse you of foul play than think otherwise, based on his comment history. Best ignored.