PVP Pointless?

So, I am a returning player. I had originally played at release. I remember having open world PVP with guild wars being waged all the time. It was a lot of fun. Now, it seems that, we haveonly two servers, which is fine. Velika, and Kaiator. Velika is the PVE server, Kaiator is the "PVP Server". I put it in quotations because, its really not a PVP server anymore. Only at level 65 can you flag for PVP, which removes the entire allure of open world PVP and really any point to GVG'ing.

I am not sure whether the devs were just too lazy to refine a working system or what, but, seems like EME has gone care-bear with this sort of thing, instead of trying to find a way to deal with the harassment level of much higher players killing much lower players, they just decided to gut that entire facet from the game entirely =/

Comments

• It wasn't a choice EME made, it's like that on every server now. K-tera, J-tera,Tera Sea, Tera EU, Tera RU etc etc. You have to be level 65 to pvp in open world that's just the way it is now. It's a decision that was made and that's just the way it is. There is no point in blaming EME for a decision made globaly.
  • It’s just lazy coding from BHS tbh, you can just make it so people can only attack other people within 5 levels and PvP starting at Lvl10.

In other words:
    10-14 can PvP each other
    15-19
    20-24, and so on.

If a Lvl65 tries to attack a Lvl50 they receive no damage.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how making overworld gvg 65 only makes gvg "pointless." You think it's fun to steamroll a guild that has lower level players that can't stand up to a frostmetal apex person of any class? I'm genuinely curious as to why you think this. A lot of people would find open world gvg pointless anyway regardless of level, since there's no rewards attached to it.

Plus like that other guy said, this is BHS's decision. Eme hasn't "gone care-bear." I'm pretty sure ktera had pvp65 since the beginning and the lower level pvp was added for different regions. Now they've changed most regions to be like ktera's.
  • I doubt if was fun..
    More like borderline psychopathic, tbh.
    I mean, u can get to level 65 within a day.
    Literally nothing is stopping u from getting to level 65 and starts PvP, GvG, and all that to your heart content.

:thonking:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHEE5KW5FP wrote: »
    It wasn't a choice EME made, it's like that on every server now. K-tera, J-tera,Tera Sea, Tera EU, Tera RU etc etc. You have to be level 65 to pvp in open world that's just the way it is now. It's a decision that was made and that's just the way it is. There is no point in blaming EME for a decision made globaly.

but it is enmasse fault if kumas royales and kumasylum are death :3
  • I think op is reminiscing of the days where max level (60) players were camping the bridge at Lumber Town and killing level 10 players who were trying to get through to do their quests. And people would bring entire guilds to fight there when someone rub them the wrong way.
  • > @ThePieBoy said:
    > I think op is reminiscing of the days where max level (60) players were camping the bridge at Lumber Town and killing level 10 players who were trying to get through to do their quests. And people would bring entire guilds to fight there when someone rub them the wrong way.

At least back then there was a population. Took that away and guess what? Population left too.
    *shrugs*
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @Maleficent94 said:
    > > @ThePieBoy said:
    > > I think op is reminiscing of the days where max level (60) players were camping the bridge at Lumber Town and killing level 10 players who were trying to get through to do their quests. And people would bring entire guilds to fight there when someone rub them the wrong way.
    >
    > At least back then there was a population. Took that away and guess what? Population left too.
    > *shrugs*

You mean to tell me the new players incoming population that left due to being unable to lvl up wasn't the start of the decline of the player base
    Who knew
    *shrugs*
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    > ThePieBoy said:
    > I think op is reminiscing of the days where max level (60) players were camping the bridge at Lumber Town and killing level 10 players who were trying to get through to do their quests. And people would bring entire guilds to fight there when someone rub them the wrong way.

At least back then there was a population. Took that away and guess what? Population left too.
    *shrugs*

That correlation is going way too far, next step drinking water kills you cause everyone that had a cup once in their life either died or will die.

Forgetting conveniently a bunch of stuff here no? Including, well, the ones inconvenienced by that factor itself
  • @tisnotme you mean the new players who complain about the fact that pvp is dead? Because I hear that a lot and it’s one of the biggest reasons new players I’ve met leave.

@ElinLove yes there are other factors, lots but the pvp changes imo made the biggest impact. The only time I really saw complaints and the only excuse most people used was “no one was allowed to lvl up cause pk” while I admit that may have been a thing on ninja release it was never something that truly broke the game beforehand. Why would people join a pvp server in the first place if they are afraid to be killed by a higher lvl player?
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    @tisnotme you mean the new players who complain about the fact that pvp is dead? Because I hear that a lot and it’s one of the biggest reasons new players I’ve met leave.

That's the one of the biggest reasons you've heard? lol.

I've heard plenty of other reasons and those aren't chief among them. PvP is one of this game's smallest problems, especially for new players. The bigger issues new players have, and the issues that make this game horrible for newcomers, is the gearing, the massive gear-gap between them and veteran players, the poor population, and the frequent toxicity the players face in dungeons/BGs from the community. Doesn't help that the dungeons spike in difficulty dramatically from leveling 1-65 and its a forgiving road from there trying to learn those dungeons unless you have people who are willing or patient with you every step.

Oh and NA has the worst cash shop too, you can add that in but I'd chalk that up to one of the more minor issues new players have with the game and return back to everything I said up there.

If they're not going to level range lock PvP (like someone suggested further up) then the next best thing is just to disallow it until you hit 65 so that we don't have to deal with the griefing players had to deal with back when the game was new and it had a large, stable population. Now with the way the game is and its pathetic population, it can't afford to be able to support a bunch of geared up the [filtered] high-level vet players griefing players below level 65, or griefing fresh 65s in Guardian, Twistshard, Frostmetal, and base Storm Cry gear. Because the gap/difference between players below SC+7 and players above that is ridiculously massive. And if you're in anything lower than SC+8 and facing full HO? Forget it.
  • Yes @Vy1Vivi that’s one of the biggest complaints I have personally heard. Maybe because I’m on a pvp server and tend to talk to/ or help newer players in the game. I ask questions and a lot of them tend to either be why can’t we pvp or why was it removed by veteran players. Ofc I myself acknowledge that Tera has many faults but per my many conversations this stood out in particular to me as it is mentioned the most.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes @Vy1Vivi that’s one of the biggest complaints I have personally heard. Maybe because I’m on a pvp server and tend to talk to/ or help newer players in the game. I ask questions and a lot of them tend to either be why can’t we pvp or why was it removed by veteran players. Ofc I myself acknowledge that Tera has many faults but per my many conversations this stood out in particular to me as it is mentioned the most.

I'm on the pvp server too~ I've also talked to a lot of new players, so I guess we've just been running into a variety then.

I find your conclusion of the general complaints you've noted interesting though, 'cause it doesn't make much sense from my viewpoint but that's just me I guess.

Because really it doesn't take that long to get to 65, and after they get curb-stomped by a bunch of SC/HO+ people while they're in their Twistshard/Frostmetal/base SC gear I doubt they'll be yearning for pvp any time soon anyway. The best they can stand a chance is in the CS bg, but that gets old after a while. Sadly plenty of new players face the harsh reality of this once they get to that point. So what is really pointless here is their complaints about not being able to pvp before 65, because there are greater issues here. BHS isn't going to implement world pvp any time soon for lower levels, because it'd take too much effort and they've already let their game decline to what it is now.
  • PwhoopsPwhoops ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    In the end the game always comes back to the same conclusion: TERA, the game with the most wasted potential.
  • > @Pwhoops said:
    > In the end the game always comes back to the same conclusion: TERA, the game with the most wasted potential.

This