[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Gearing

2»

Comments

• well, im have more talents now , cuz im farm iod to get ep points , to im no lack on talents anymore hue ( :'( )
  • well, im have more talents now , cuz im farm iod to get ep points , to im no lack on talents anymore hue ( :'( )

I even noticed the price of talents dropping hope it goes down more and faster.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TYoung11 wrote: »
    I feel things like EE and Veils should be harder to get. There needs to be some sort of limiting factor that prevents players from maxing out too quickly. When that happens, people run out of things to do and you end up with the problems that this game had in the past where the game would be active for a couple months, then dead for a few months as everyone waited for the next patch.

The biggest problem with the game at the moment is that the biggest limiting factors are talents and to a lesser extent gems. The only feasible way to farm for these is to mindlessly grind low tier content because, talents at least, are essentially absent from endgame instances. I can't speak for everyone...but I feel it is a lot more enjoyable to farm for mats in dungeons appropriate to your gear level than to mindlessly grind content you are far far over geared for and content that is just simply not fun to do (IoD, Guardian, BG's).

I feel some people got disinterested because how the farm/grind has changed. Back in the VM days, people could access the top dungeons without having to do a huge grind (some could access them the very first day they showed up due to saved mats). And only those wanting to spped run or to just have the top stuff would need to grind for BiS. That's because those dungeons didn't have too high grind/farm requirements in comparison to now. I don't talk about i-level because those ratios still seem similar now, and only the grind required for their modern equivalents have changed. So like before, the current top dungeons still do not require BiS, but the current time and effort required to farm just to access them in comparison to before may be discouraging to many who were used to the faster access ways of old.

I think people wouldn't have been so alienated if Tera had this kind of farm/grind from the start, as people would have been used to it. But we are in a turn where those wanting to stay, must accept that times have changed and adapt to them. Right now, though, all this has caused is to make the pool of people available for the top dungeon the smallest group it has ever been. With many willing players simply not having the required i-level to access them, discouraging them to continue playing.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I feel things like EE and Veils should be harder to get. There needs to be some sort of limiting factor that prevents players from maxing out too quickly. When that happens, people run out of things to do and you end up with the problems that this game had in the past where the game would be active for a couple months, then dead for a few months as everyone waited for the next patch.
    Yep, grinding should be harder, cuz if it's too easy maybe we end with...3x playerbase, just like on VM6 days?
    There's MUCH MUCH more serious problems now that in the past.
    Lemme ask: Is Tera the most important thing in your life that you rly want to focus a whole year grinding in this game (where content last 6 months..) cuz you're afraind you gonna take a 1 month break if they make the gearing easier?!!!! LOL
    Did you know that you can always gear alts after you're done gearing your main??

As we can see, Tera's players are a dwindling minority in the gaming population cuz they rly think a video game should be a full time job.
    https://steamcharts.com/app/323370
    Nopi wrote: »
    I feel some people got disinterested because how the farm/grind has changed. Back in the VM days, people could access the top dungeons without having to do a huge grind (some could access them the very first day they showed up due to saved mats). And only those wanting to spped run or to just have the top stuff would need to grind for BiS. That's because those dungeons didn't have too high grind/farm requirements in comparison to now. I don't talk about i-level because those ratios still seem similar now, and only the grind required for their modern equivalents have changed. So like before, the current top dungeons still do not require BiS, but the current time and effort required to farm just to access them in comparison to before may be discouraging to many who were used to the faster access ways of old.
    Top tier dungeons now ask for BIS gear, that new 456 ilvl for the new "bahaar sanctum" dungeon is heroic gear and that's one of the reason why nobody bother to run that dungeon..
    This is a first on Tera since i started on VM5 patch, let's remember that Misery+12 (1 week grinding, WAY WAY faster than Full SC+7..) was enough for VSHM (5 star dungeon) on the last VM9 patch.

I always played Tera for combat and not for grinding, this game now is just another korean grinding simulator where the developer expect you to spend real money to speed gearing cuz now the opportunity cost to gear the free way is so dam high for any adult to do.
    But as we can see here, there's ppl that want an even grindier gearing, so maybe they end playing with 100 "full p2w" players max...
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Top tier dungeons now ask for BIS gear, that new 456 ilvl for the new "bahaar sanctum" dungeon is heroic gear and that's one of the reason why nobody bother to run that dungeon..
    This is a first on Tera since i started on VM5 patch, let's remember that Misery+12 (1 week grinding, WAY WAY faster than Full SC+7..) was enough for VSHM (5 star dungeon) on the last VM9 patch.

I always played Tera for combat and not for grinding, this game now is just another korean grinding simulator where the developer expect you to spend real money to speed gearing cuz now the opportunity cost to gear the free way is so dam high for any adult to do.
    But as we can see here, there's ppl that want an even grindier gearing, so maybe they end playing with 100 "full p2w" players max...

Ever since BHS decided to gate dungeons behind an i-level wall, I noted the focus on tera's gameplay drastically changed from the so touted skill based gameplay to a grind and gear based one. It was bad news and just a taste of things to come. This current version of Tera is those things to come. Player skill does not have nearly as much importance as before, since a skilled player can't access a dungeon because he wasn't lucky with the grind and the RNG involved on it.

As for BiS, that may be up to definitions and opinions. But at least as I understand it, full BiS is perfect HO +3, maxed accessories + etchings and perfect rolls. All adorned with perfect Dyads. Anything less than 100% max is not BiS to me. But again, opinions, I guess. Still, you are right, current top dungeon requires a higher i-level average in comparison to the VM days where you could access with non VM mid tier gear. If we were running these requirements back then, it would be like requiring at least VM +6 or maybe +9 just to enter those dungeons.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    Ever since BHS decided to gate dungeons behind an i-level wall, I noted the focus on tera's gameplay drastically changed from the so touted skill based gameplay to a grind and gear based one. It was bad news and just a taste of things to come. This current version of Tera is those things to come. Player skill does not have nearly as much importance as before, since a skilled player can't access a dungeon because he wasn't lucky with the grind and the RNG involved on it.

Worse yet, it's the same issue as before where someone isn't able to learn certain dungeons because they're not already skilled in it, gearing status be damned. My guildmaster was rather unceremoniously excommunicated from her usual static for this very reason. She has the gear and ability (I've personally witnessed this), but not the clear numbers and thus she can get f**ked, apparently.

To say nothing of the current leaderboards, where having a top score is almost entirely gear-dependent...
  • I don’t think gearing and materials should be given away; some amount of effort should be involved and perhaps random luck reduced. But when I read people saying make it harder to enchant get mats etc that reeks of elitism. The I have SC9 or hero gear and don’t want you to have it attitude. Game is grindy enough and the randomness of getting a EE from a dungeon or enchant success is already low. More players with higher ilvls might shorten the wait time for matching. Players could spend more time actually playing Tera than waiting for matching.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I feel things like EE and Veils should be harder to get.

This used to work because many players were naive and actually believed that their gear that was hard earned through so much effort was actually towards a goal but then they eventually found out that the goal is unreal since there is always a new layer of difficulty added when finishing the last ( the players that finished +7SC were confronted with +9SC then with +2HO and sometimes in the future with +6HO )... But with a difference because the chance to enchant is actually goind lower and lower.. ( i am at full +9SC and i do not think that i will go beyond anytime soon considering how low the chance to enchant really is.. ).

Anyway, do you know what happened after so many players were exausted? Some moved to EU which seems to be more reasonable or decided to completely quit.

Actually, i am not sure how entertaining the game will be for most of us in the future when a certain few with +6HO will do double damage at PvE or one shot us at PvP ( the new gear for PvP might help but this also means that we will no longer be competitive for PvE.. and this game is more focused towards PvE rather than PvP so we are going to have to miss some of the content ).
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Worse yet, it's the same issue as before where someone isn't able to learn certain dungeons because they're not already skilled in it, gearing status be damned. My guildmaster was rather unceremoniously excommunicated from her usual static for this very reason. She has the gear and ability (I've personally witnessed this), but not the clear numbers and thus she can get f**ked, apparently.

To say nothing of the current leaderboards, where having a top score is almost entirely gear-dependent...

Oh, that's just a bunch of a-holes being their usual a-holes. These kinds of players have always existed since the dawn of gaming.
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    so we are going to have to miss some of the content ).
    That's my worry as well. Skilled people with low luck at the rng part will be stuck with lower i-level and unable to enter the current top dungeons. Of course, that makes them less desirable picks for those who have lucked up or had the massive amounts of real money required to buy themselves into better gear.