[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

any eta on the fix for attack speed bug affecting lock ons and self buffs?

as described in the title, there has been a bug in tera introduced a few patches ago which made it so lock ons like priest sleep, plague, mystics fear, sleep, regress, fairy, and an entire slew of other self buffs and lock ons are cast faster than they always have. before, these skills would NOT be affected by attack speed. sleep would always go off a half second after particle went into your body, etc, and now all of these are twice as fast, even faster depending on your current + attack speed.

for example, mystic regress, would go off on the frame when the circle is seen. now it goes off the moment the user presses the skill, and is literally not possible to react to it, and you must predict it (aka, mystic jaunts to you, usually they will regress if you popped a steroid skill like icb, reaping, rag). this ruins the game for a lot of people like me who have gotten used to the timing of skills like plague and sleep, and now it is entirely different.

i'm not even sure if en masse has been aware of this bug because they don't even play the game or pvp in it. they cannot even fix bugs in their game as evidenced by the inability to fix the bug surrounding berserkers skill evasive smash, and being able to use it infinitely (when it normally goes on cd after you use the 2nd hit of it).

this was most likely caused by TERAs spaghetti code, and ktera devs did not notice is since, as patches go on, the bug still exists.

Comments

• DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    As always, blame Bluehole. They have control of when they want to fix classes.

Reporting it to the publisher (EME) won't do anything either.

All you can do if you got any hopes for this game is checking the ktera patches for any notes about bug fixes. Even then, there are barely any translators left since game is dying and we are continuing to lose more quality playerbase.
  • edited November 2018
    Honestly, the first question would be: does BHS consider this to be a bug or a feature? I have a very strong feeling that, if you ask them, they may well say this was an intended change for whatever reason. Even if not, if K-TERA got it and it's still not fixed there (and so all the other regions got it by extension), I doubt they'll make a special patch to fix it. They'll just change it K-TERA first and all the other global builds will get the change months later, as usual. As a result, EME could probably file the bug or ask the question... but this is really entirely a BHS problem.
  • Honestly, the first question would be: does BHS consider this to be a bug or a feature? I have a very strong feeling that, if you ask them, they may well say this was an intended change for whatever reason. Even if not, if K-TERA got it and it's still not fixed there (and so all the other regions got it by extension), I doubt they'll make a special patch to fix it. They'll just change it K-TERA first and all the other global builds will get the change months later, as usual. As a result, EME could probably file the bug or ask the question... but this is really entirely a BHS problem.

if it's a feature i wouldn't have a problem with it, *if* they actually changed the visual cues, aka show the particle at full speed instead of not even matching the debuff time, but even then, having skills go off like regress on frame 1 of the press is certainly broken and i'm sure after 6 years of having lock ons not scale off attack speed, that it is in fact a bug and probably just a few lines of code they need to go back and fix.
  • people bitched and moaned about proxy and xigncode etc, while ignoring the actual bugs that exist in the game like bullrush bug, ninja's retal lock, instant retal... the list goes on, its kind of ridiculous but its not anything new, i'm sure if someone made a video of showing all these and they sent it bluehole, the new devs might fix it but it'd need cooperation with EME to send it in, but nobody has shown competence thus far to interact or converse with people who have knowledge on the game in order to do so and have bugs fixed / shown to ktera devs.
  • Not a bug, BHS intentionally changed these skills to be affected by attack speed.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @BattlePopo said:
    > Not a bug, BHS intentionally changed these skills to be affected by attack speed.

That's strange because their animations are still slow, just the projectile fires off faster. For example energy stars and healing immersion fire off so quickly but then I got to wait for the long animation lock to end because it's not synced. So in the end the speed is the same for the user but the boss/players getting hit receive it faster.
  • BattlePopoBattlePopo ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Lockon animations were never perfectly synced with the effect.
  • BattlePopo wrote: »
    Lockon animations were never perfectly synced with the effect.
    BattlePopo wrote: »
    Not a bug, BHS intentionally changed these skills to be affected by attack speed.

there would be a patch note for something as big as this, considering some skills go off frame 1 and is clearly a bug aka regress happens before the ring ever goes off