About the new "event"

The truth was excited by the new event that were going to develop these two weeks, so that "oh, surprise, surprise ..." takes me a terrible disappointment!

The truth is that I can not believe how badly it works, informing its users whether they are new or old, they can not do anything right!

In the news of the event it CLEARLY says that the scroll does not go down beyond +5 of enchantment and "oh surprise!" it's only valid for frost and twishard! The stromcry if you can get down to +0 of enchant! What do they do for an event if they only give half the information and make promises without fulfilling ?!

Right now I want my stromcry team not to go further than +5! If they say something hacerlon well and comply not that they are arranging the news apra that is in their opinion, and they missed so if they err load with the consequences and meet their users as they should! They stop making false publicity about an event that is not how you say it is!

Comments

• @KitTeaCup @CobaltDragon

To sum up what this person is saying, the event page said that gear will not go below +5 on the degrading chance scrolls (for ANY gear, it doesn't specify twist or frost). However, the scrolls themselves say that storm can go to +0, which is NOT what was stated on your page.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Not that surprised tbh. I haven't seen an event without typos or important information missing.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    I was really disappointed to see that too. I was excited to get a stormcry scroll, then really let down by the surprise that it could drop stormcry gear to 0.
  • Sorry, I use a translator because my English is very bad! The last paragraph says "Right now I want my stormcry team not to go beyond +5! If you say something, do not do it in half! Stop arranging the news and the archives of the events as they say they have to be and if they were wrong to carry the consequences, they stop doing false advertising about an event that is not what you say it is! "
  • Ha Ha Ha....wow, and I almost thought it was too good to be true. Eh, another day in Tera where disappointment is a common place.
  • the whole event seems to revolve around pushing people to try Bahaar's Sanctum, but unless someone only uses the non-degrade scrolls this whole event is a joke. Nobody in their right mind will use these scrolls on mid-high sc gear unless they can afford the risk, and you'll probably have a higher chance of hitting +0 than +9.

This event is also a flop just because it only works on weapons/gloves, the first thing most people enchant anyways, unless you're a healing class. In order to even be remotely close to an ilvl of 456 to touch bahaar you pretty much need full Heroic gear. I'd much rather prefer EU's current event where the success rates are boosted for everything including stormcry. This event seems to be catering towards alts or lesser experienced players.
  • The whole event is BS. Nuff said.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile EU 2x enchanting event...
  • This event is horrible.

Not only you can degrade stormcry easily, but the scrolls are locked to a specific gear piece. So if you're a dps class that has stormcry weap+gloves, and you get the scroll to enhance frostmetal gloves, you can just go and delete that scroll because it's useless.

They made it so gear has exp and upgrades, and then expect people to have alts anyways so all the scrolls can be used? Seriously who thought it was a good idea to make scrolls for specific gear pieces, instead of just the whole set, should be fired.

Just make it so the scrolls ugprade ANY gear piece.

Also there's no information about the success chance of said scrolls, it might even be better to just keep upgrading with mats.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I believe this event is more tailored towards newer players that have yet to reach stormcry gear or are just achieving it. Is not meant to be an event for veteran players that have Stormcry gear enchanted pass +6.

For newer players, is basically a free attempt at enchanting, no gold or materials involved. But using any other scroll that isnt the top tier one, to enchant Stormcry, is a really big risk, and you basically taking a gamble on it.

Players with SC +6 and above are better farming materials and enchanting the regular way, than to use the scrolls. If however you get the top tier scroll, go for it and use it, since that one doesnt have any risk of downgrading your gear.
    Based12 wrote: »
    Also there's no information about the success chance of said scrolls, it might even be better to just keep upgrading with mats.

This is EME we are talking about. They have not released the odds of getting something from a loot box, and is been requested for years. What makes you think they will release the odds of success rate of the scrolls?
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    I believe this event is more tailored towards newer players that have yet to reach stormcry gear or are just achieving it. Is not meant to be an event for veteran players that have Stormcry gear enchanted pass +6.

For newer players, is basically a free attempt at enchanting, no gold or materials involved. But using any other scroll that isnt the top tier one, to enchant Stormcry, is a really big risk, and you basically taking a gamble on it.

Players with SC +6 and above are better farming materials and enchanting the regular way, than to use the scrolls. If however you get the top tier scroll, go for it and use it, since that one doesnt have any risk of downgrading your gear.

I started playing 5 days ago, i don't even have the 6 days buff.

I have SC weap+gloves, both +0, and frostmetal chest and boots. I got a frostmetal HANDWEAR scroll, that i won't be using.

Also new players won't have alts to pass the scroll to.

This event is aimed at 100% new players that have just reached lvl 65 and have no currency whatsoever. Us players transitioning to SC are being f*cked hard.
  • Has anyone got those box from dungeons lower than 439? I did like three rounds and got nothing but with 439 or higher I get one every run.
  • Has anyone got those box from dungeons lower than 439? I did like three rounds and got nothing but with 439 or higher I get one every run.

From 10+ dung i did today just 2boxes drop and the scrolls just don't give me nothing good. :s :s :s
  • zsDskA1.jpg

asdasdasda
  • edited November 2018
    Hey everyone, based on my datasheet digging, it appears that not even Stormcry is subject to degrading below +5.

That appears to be a mistranslation, BUT I will keep digging and get fixed tooltips pushed out ASAP if that ends up being the case.

edit: you will get a warning message whenever you attempt to enchant an item that can fail. Please see the below examples. Tooltip fix incoming!

HicmqbJ.png
    aiC98rx.png