About the new "event"

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based12 wrote: »
    Serenade wrote: »
    Couldn't you guys just use the scrolls on your alts though? Reducing the enchant success hurts newer players that would benefit most from this event.

People need to F*CKING STOP thinking everyone has alts like it's mandatory.

While I certainly agree with your, er... outburst, you sort of do need alts in this game, if only to keep ahead of the arbitrary power curves that BHS likes to throw at their players (word is there's another buff for warriors coming down the line). And that's before getting into other factors like the whole dungeon entry system.
  • VinidarkVinidark
    edited November 2018
    I ran several dungeons today and didn't get any boxes, I have 2 keys and no boxes...seems they just don't drop, what an awesome event 1 out of 10
  • For me, I see the event as a good way to get characters through 1-5 on twist/frost/storm. After that I'd only use the no-degrade variant of the scrolls on 6-9, and save the rest for alts (possibly in the future, just left in bank).

This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry, and less so helping Stormcry reach Heroic Oath.
  • Rox wrote: »
    For me, I see the event as a good way to get characters through 1-5 on twist/frost/storm. After that I'd only use the no-degrade variant of the scrolls on 6-9, and save the rest for alts (possibly in the future, just left in bank).

This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry, and less so helping Stormcry reach Heroic Oath.

With all these new events its very obvious how you guys favor the newer players more, and push the dedicated players with higher gear into the corner. Shouldn't have even bothered mentioning Bahaar in the event announcement because nobody in frostmetal will touch that, not even people in stormcry. Its easier for you to have an opinion because 1) it seems like you don't play the game to understand our pain, and 2) you're able to just spawn yourself gear with gm powers, so gearing up isn't an issue to you. This is why the community is pushing for CMs that actually play the game because interacting with you guys is just like talking to a wall.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    McThicc wrote: »
    Rox wrote: »
    For me, I see the event as a good way to get characters through 1-5 on twist/frost/storm. After that I'd only use the no-degrade variant of the scrolls on 6-9, and save the rest for alts (possibly in the future, just left in bank).

With all these new events its very obvious how you guys favor the newer players more, and push the dedicated players with higher gear into the corner. Shouldn't have even bothered mentioning Bahaar in the event announcement because nobody in frostmetal will touch that, not even people in stormcry. Its easier for you to have an opinion because 1) it seems like you don't play the game to understand our pain, and 2) you're able to just spawn yourself gear with gm powers, so gearing up isn't an issue to you. This is why the community is pushing for CMs that actually play the game because interacting with you guys is just like talking to a wall.

So what do you want them to do? You're just clamoring about feeling left on the side without saying why you feel like being left on the side. You mention Bahaar, but that requires a ludicrous gear score that most people won't (or can't, or have no patience to) obtain. So what is your complaint exactly?

A problem can't be fixed if people don't know what the problem even is.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    McThicc wrote: »

So what do you want them to do? You're just clamoring about feeling left on the side without saying why you feel like being left on the side. You mention Bahaar, but that requires a ludicrous gear score that most people won't (or can't, or have no patience to) obtain. So what is your complaint exactly?

A problem can't be fixed if people don't know what the problem even is.

I mentioned Bahaar because the announcement of this event mentioned Bahaar. If they had no intention of actually helping us get remotely close to heroic they shouldn't have even mentioned it. Yes it could've just been for show and the whole lady tanly thing, but "The god Bahaar is coming and this world is going to need anyone who can, to stand up and fight for our survival! I know many of you don’t have tip-top gear for battling gods, so for two weeks, I’m releasing my secret enchanting scrolls to help everyone PunchUp their gear." sounds very misleading. Im also aware that nothing should be hand-fed to us, because higher gear would become more obsolete as everyone will have some, but these scrolls are just a slap in the face.

As a dps main weapon/gloves are the first things that are enchanted. If this also applied to boots and chest it would've been much more helpful. The PunchUp scrolls don't drop often so its going to take endless farming just to get a few if your rng is good, some people are only getting 1 box every 5 runs, and they usually aren't the rare ones. It also seems that you only have a less than 20% success rate, so even if you managed to get your hands on some for a safe chance, you'll probably just burn through these with not much success (if you're fortunate enough to even get one for stormcry). The EU event that offered 1.5x for stormcry and 2x for frost, which i'd much rather have than a vague scroll that nobody really knows much about, since that at least works on ALL gear, including accessories.
  • @Rox Keep thinking this is a good event lol.
  • Rox wrote: »

will be true if Tanly rare scroll case drop only blesed/noble scrolls (frosmetal/sc +1 and no dregade +1)
    but rare scroll crane droops all kinds of them , so im cant get 54 rare scrolls cases and get 54 polishup weapon enchant for weapon for frosmetal
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

It's a way of upgrading, not a good one.

When failing you don't get better succes chance on the next try, the scrolls are very limited and the rare crates are EXTREMELY rare. If you guys aimed at people progressing from FM to SC, then you shouldn't have limited the gear you can enchant. And healers upgrade chest/boots which there are no scrolls for, lol. The first thing the rest upgrades are weap/gloves, so people actually transitioning from FM to SC that have SC weap/gloves and rest FM, won't be using most of these scrolls.

Also the success chance of the scrolls are terrible, unable to upgrade SC to +1 with 3 scrolls already.
  • McThicc wrote: »
    I mentioned Bahaar because the announcement of this event mentioned Bahaar. If they had no intention of actually helping us get remotely close to heroic they shouldn't have even mentioned it. Yes it could've just been for show and the whole lady tanly thing, but "The god Bahaar is coming and this world is going to need anyone who can, to stand up and fight for our survival! I know many of you don’t have tip-top gear for battling gods, so for two weeks, I’m releasing my secret enchanting scrolls to help everyone PunchUp their gear." sounds very misleading. Im also aware that nothing should be hand-fed to us, because higher gear would become more obsolete as everyone will have some, but these scrolls are just a slap in the face.

Yeah if scrolls are as likely to downgrade gear as I think, then these aren't really making any significant contribution to gear acceleration if the intent is to get players Bahaar-ready. Like even excluding the downgrading possibility, it does not include accessories, which are not unimportant to stat growth and item level, and Heroic Oath enchantment is a whole different ballpark that isn't encompassed.

However, to my understanding, this was originally a kTERA event, and we're receiving it just the way it was there, here.
  • Based12 wrote: »

When failing you don't get better succes chance on the next try, the scrolls are very limited and the rare crates are EXTREMELY rare. If you guys aimed at people progressing from FM to SC, then you shouldn't have limited the gear you can enchant. And healers upgrade chest/boots which there are no scrolls for, lol. The first thing the rest upgrades are weap/gloves, so people actually transitioning from FM to SC that have SC weap/gloves and rest FM, won't be using most of these scrolls.

Also the success chance of the scrolls are terrible, unable to upgrade SC to +1 with 3 scrolls already.

rare cranes droops from lv 453 dungeons
    maybe have low rate in under lv 446 dungeos

but rare cranes droops all kinds of scrolls, the rate droop of rare cranes is no the problem
  • Based12 wrote: »

rare cranes droops from lv 453 dungeons
    maybe have low rate in under lv 446 dungeos

but rare cranes droops all kinds of scrolls, the rate droop of rare cranes is no the problem

Really? So you need full SC gear to run 453 dungeons, to obtain scrolls for an event that's not aimed for people in full SC.

Great event.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It is nice to help with Twistshard/Frostmetal but that is fodder gear meant for alts at this moment and the more important is Stormcry to close to gap from Heroic Oath gear.

The problem is that we can get a fixed amount of 54 keys with the login system that can open 54 rare boxes which are not easy to get and from those 54 boxes we will end up with half the scrolls to enchant Frostmetal and half to enchant Stormcry from which the half made for Stormcry are halved even more for weapon/gloves .. Then the scrolls "sometimes" enchant Stormcry so a player can use even 10 scrolls at +2SC and still not get anything.

I guess that i am going to have to enchant some alts with Frostmetal xD

• TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    I'm curious what the point of the login/gather tears portion of the even is? With the abysmal drop rate of even the normal chests, the whole 'earn tears to combine with the login box to get keys' mechanic is completely superfluous. By the time you get enough boxes in the first few days, you should have enough tears for the whole event clogging up your inventory. Didn't it occur to anyone that when you get 1-3 tears per dungeon, but aren't guaranteed one chest per dungeon, there's no point to the tears?
  • TJKat wrote: »
    I'm curious what the point of the login/gather tears portion of the even is? With the abysmal drop rate of even the normal chests, the whole 'earn tears to combine with the login box to get keys' mechanic is completely superfluous. By the time you get enough boxes in the first few days, you should have enough tears for the whole event clogging up your inventory. Didn't it occur to anyone that when you get 1-3 tears per dungeon, but aren't guaranteed one chest per dungeon, there's no point to the tears?

It's all wrong, you could be sitting in tons of chests and tears, and u still depend on the daily reward.

I have chests and tears for DAYS, it makes no sense to give everyone so many tears if we are limited.