About the new "event"

1246789

Comments

  • -TFW you decide to give the game another try, don't know what all the updates are about because 2 lazy to read all the changes
    -have +7 sc wep, notices event can upgrade (didn't read fine print)
    -drops to +5
    -Poor
    -uninstalls

    Thanks tera online for the amazing event, not everyone hardcore, an extremely high fail rate would have been fine buy why degrade peoples stuff...
  • Rox wrote: »
    For me, I see the event as a good way to get characters through 1-5 on twist/frost/storm. After that I'd only use the no-degrade variant of the scrolls on 6-9, and save the rest for alts (possibly in the future, just left in bank).

    This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry, and less so helping Stormcry reach Heroic Oath.

    "This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry" ...You guys really don't play this game at all that much do you? From the way you say that, its like initially you guys didn't even know what the hell you were doing when you were creating this event, and now you're starting to see what its doing and you're just making confirmations that everyone else, the actual players, have already made.

    If you were just going to make this event with intentions only to help new players then just say that from the beginning. Bottom line is that this event is terrible for people who have base stormcry and up, and we've already had events in the past that helped people gear up to storm cry. I think its about high time people with stormcry get an enchanting event of their own. EU recently had an enchanting event similar to the one we got prior to Apex 2 release, only theirs affected stormcry as well as frostmetal and twistshard! Why the hell can't you give us something like that? You guys don't listen to the players at all. Its super frustrating and its part of the problem of why NA is doing so poorly. More people are just going to quit.

    Sure I'm glad that its helping new players out, and helping people with alts, but players with higher tier gear need help too; and people need help with their mains. I've been stuck at mostly base storm cry forever while focusing on my weapon. Its super difficult to progress in NA with the costs and lack of methods in getting the materials, not to mention the severe restriction on crafting with the ridiculous production points system.

    There's several issues with this event. We're limited to how many boxes we can open thanks to the daily login calendar, the drop-rate for the boxes is poorly-handled - the common ones drop frequently, but the rare ones are few and far in-between. To add insult to injury you're not guaranteed to get the non-degrade scroll from the rare box. Its really pointless. The scrolls don't even have a high or 100% enhance rate, and you don't even tell us what the enhance rate is. Why even add the degrade crap then? Its like you don't even know how costly it is to enhance gear in this game beyond base stormcry. I've already failed several times on my base gloves with these useless scrolls. My weapon is already beyond +5 so any weapon scroll I get is useless (I'm not risking a degrade, F that). The only upside to all of this is there is no material cost, but so far its been useless for me on my main. And for some reason you guys thought it was a good idea to limit it to weapons and gloves?? I really don't get what is going on in your heads, seriously.

    For enchanting events you're really going to have to do better than this. It really wouldn't have killed you to give us the 1.5x enhancement rate that EU had for stormcry. Next time you do your enchanting events for new players don't advertise dungeons like Bahaars for it through your made up characters like "Lady Tanly", because I guarantee you no one is going to be doing that dungeon in frostmetal or base stormcry gear even if they wanted to. I'm letting you know this because you appear to don't this game and know anything about it, including gear requirements and dungeon difficulties.
  • LyanniLyanni ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ryukomatoi wrote: »
    -TFW you decide to give the game another try, don't know what all the updates are about because 2 lazy to read all the changes
    -have +7 sc wep, notices event can upgrade (didn't read fine print)
    -drops to +5
    -Poor
    -uninstalls

    Thanks tera online for the amazing event, not everyone hardcore, an extremely high fail rate would have been fine buy why degrade peoples stuff...

    Well, it was kinda your fault that you didnt read that it could drop. There's even a warning when you use the scroll saying the enchant can drop if it fails. :/

    The event itself isnt bad tho, it helps a lot for those that need.
    If you could use it to +9 without any repercussions there would be probably people crying how they give stuff for free like that when others had to pay for it. I can understand why they made it like that.

    Its a good enough event, i wouldnt mind if the enchant didnt drop, but i would be asking too much :P

    EDIT: oh yea, and would be better if the scrolls could be used in any piece of gear instead of just weapon and gloves. That's the only faulty thing for me tbh
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these scrolls guaranteed to drop? Or only a "chance" just done a dungeon and no scroll dropped.
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    EME has an issue, they can't make an event that doesn't involve RNG.
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Are these scrolls guaranteed to drop? Or only a "chance" just done a dungeon and no scroll dropped.

    A chest will drop, which contains scrolls, that will downgrade your gear past +5, won't give you increased succes chance when fails. But hey, no mats!

    Looks like a deal with the devil.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based12 wrote: »
    EME has an issue, they can't make an event that doesn't involve RNG.
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Are these scrolls guaranteed to drop? Or only a "chance" just done a dungeon and no scroll dropped.

    A chest will drop, which contains scrolls, that will downgrade your gear past +5, won't give you increased succes chance when fails. But hey, no mats!

    Looks like a deal with the devil.

    SO basically in a short answer, no they aren't guaranteed to drop then.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    For enchanting events you're really going to have to do better than this. It really wouldn't have killed you to give us the 1.5x enhancement rate that EU had for stormcry.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/events/dark-reaches

    stage 3
  • metagame wrote: »
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    For enchanting events you're really going to have to do better than this. It really wouldn't have killed you to give us the 1.5x enhancement rate that EU had for stormcry.
    http://tera.enmasse.com/events/dark-reaches

    stage 3

    Read it again, twisthard and frostmetal. The EU event offered a boost for stormcry gear, NA did not.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Based12 wrote: »
    EME has an issue, they can't make an event that doesn't involve RNG.
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Are these scrolls guaranteed to drop? Or only a "chance" just done a dungeon and no scroll dropped.

    A chest will drop, which contains scrolls, that will downgrade your gear past +5, won't give you increased succes chance when fails. But hey, no mats!

    Looks like a deal with the devil.

    SO basically in a short answer, no they aren't guaranteed to drop then.

    No, everything is rng like always. The box is rng from dungeons and you need the keys from daily to open them. The scrolls within the box is rng, so if you're in SC and you're hoping to get some, don't bet on it. Open six boxes and got all FM,
  • edited November 2018
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Rox wrote: »
    For me, I see the event as a good way to get characters through 1-5 on twist/frost/storm. After that I'd only use the no-degrade variant of the scrolls on 6-9, and save the rest for alts (possibly in the future, just left in bank).

    This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry, and less so helping Stormcry reach Heroic Oath.

    "This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry" ...You guys really don't play this game at all that much do you? From the way you say that, its like initially you guys didn't even know what the hell you were doing when you were creating this event, and now you're starting to see what its doing and you're just making confirmations that everyone else, the actual players, have already made.

    If you were just going to make this event with intentions only to help new players then just say that from the beginning.

    Honestly, I think the event is kind of dumb (for one, it's overly-complicated (even their own video and ad copy alludes to that), and it was obvious the downgrade chance wasn't going to go over well in our region even if it's free enchant chances).

    However...

    Lady.Tanly is a character they created specifically for the Elin Brawler level-up event. Before the mention of Bahaar, the news post starts with "Listen up! I don’t have time for coddling you keeners anymore." Who are the "keeners" being "coddled?" The new brawlers. Note all the social media posts for the last few weeks with Lady.Tanly's advice, the brawler level rewards that come from Lady.Tanly, and the Lady.Tanly bundle focused on new Elin brawlers that was on the store. So, honestly, they did say that it was for new players from the beginning... you just had to understand the context. The fact it references Bahaar does not negate all the rest of the context.

    I can also say the lecturing isn't going to work either because it's an event that came straight from BHS (identical to what K-TERA had). The real issue has nothing to do with whoever playing the game, it's the fact that BHS's intended design for this game is way more grindy and painful than players here want. But lecturing them will plainly not work; you're basically telling them "don't trust the game developers with their own game because they're idiots who don't know what they're doing." Even if it were true, I'm sure you can imagine why this is an untenable argument for EME, a quasi subdivision/sister-company to BHS, and why BHS isn't going to particularly responsive to either EME or players here telling them that they don't know what they're doing.

    The feedback that people are in pain over the costs/burden of the enchantment system for high-end gear and the lack of events to make it easier has certainly been relayed relentlessly regardless. And yeah, clearly this event does nothing to address that end of the equation at all, so it's obvious to everyone why people are mad. I'm not trying to tell people to stop being mad, but just to keep it focused on only point that ultimately matters: the pain caused by the continued balance decisions.

  • I can also say the lecturing isn't going to work either because it's an event that came straight from BHS (identical to what K-TERA had). The real issue has nothing to do with whoever playing the game, it's the fact that BHS's intended design for this game is way more grindy and painful than players here want. But lecturing them will plainly not work; you're basically telling them "don't trust the game developers with their own game because they're idiots who don't know what they're doing." Even if it were true, I'm sure you can imagine why this is an untenable argument for EME, a quasi subdivision/sister-company to BHS, and why BHS isn't going to particularly responsive to either EME or players here telling them that they don't know what they're doing.

    The feedback that people are in pain over the costs/burden of the enchantment system for high-end gear and the lack of events to make it easier has certainly been relayed relentlessly regardless. And yeah, clearly this event does nothing to address that end of the equation at all, so it's obvious to everyone why people are mad. I'm not trying to tell people to stop being mad, but just to keep it focused on only point that ultimately matters: the pain caused by the continued balance decisions.

    This argument that BHS is behind everything and EME is the sister company that has to agree does not hold anymore. At least, i am pretty sure that EME mostly decides on the drop rates for scrolls and their enchantment rate for our region. At the same time, it is also EME who decides when and what events to hold ( and even if is not EME who decides then the fact that NA is not the greatest experience and so many decide to move to EU still happens.. actually, the ones that moved to EU with the DMCA thing have catched up with their NA gear and are laughing at us with a big smile ).


    And i am not trying to be negative or anything like that but this game will probably be a very unsightly experience at this rate in a few months from now since a selected few will run around with +5Heroic Oath or better and do 30% or more damage at PvE while doing 2shots at PvP ( and even if we will get the new set of gear for PvP which will be another grindy experience then this means that those who get it will have to either grind another set of gear for PvE or simply suck at PvE considering that Heroic Oath will be simply impossible to acquire ).


    p.s. i have full +9SC and i am already seeing the difference when going against +2 HO players
  • I don't really expect to gain anything from this event, but I did manage to get 1 risk free try scroll so far. It failed, but at least I got to try to upgrade.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Based12 wrote: »
    EME has an issue, they can't make an event that doesn't involve RNG.
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Are these scrolls guaranteed to drop? Or only a "chance" just done a dungeon and no scroll dropped.

    A chest will drop, which contains scrolls, that will downgrade your gear past +5, won't give you increased succes chance when fails. But hey, no mats!

    Looks like a deal with the devil.

    SO basically in a short answer, no they aren't guaranteed to drop then.

    No, everything is rng like always. The box is rng from dungeons and you need the keys from daily to open them. The scrolls within the box is rng, so if you're in SC and you're hoping to get some, don't bet on it. Open six boxes and got all FM,

    well, rare scroll case yes under dungeons item lv 446,
    well im get 4 for forsmetal and 2 for sc weapon and gloves, sad im still dont have alts with sc, but im enchant to +0 to +2 for gloves huehuehuehue

    if you gearing alts dont expect to get sc, only farm normal ones and get frosmtela +5
  • Okay, we got 6 keys today.

    Got 2 SC gloves and 1 SC weap, total of 3x gloves and 2x weap. Still both at +0 won't even go +1.

    Stacking on FM scrolls, got 4x gloves and 3x weap. No use for them in sight.

    Event still terrible.
  • Vy1ViviVy1Vivi ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Vy1Vivi wrote: »
    Rox wrote: »
    For me, I see the event as a good way to get characters through 1-5 on twist/frost/storm. After that I'd only use the no-degrade variant of the scrolls on 6-9, and save the rest for alts (possibly in the future, just left in bank).

    This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry, and less so helping Stormcry reach Heroic Oath.

    "This is definitely geared toward helping players reach Stormcry" ...You guys really don't play this game at all that much do you? From the way you say that, its like initially you guys didn't even know what the hell you were doing when you were creating this event, and now you're starting to see what its doing and you're just making confirmations that everyone else, the actual players, have already made.

    If you were just going to make this event with intentions only to help new players then just say that from the beginning.

    Honestly, I think the event is kind of dumb (for one, it's overly-complicated (even their own video and ad copy alludes to that), and it was obvious the downgrade chance wasn't going to go over well in our region even if it's free enchant chances).

    However...

    Lady.Tanly is a character they created specifically for the Elin Brawler level-up event. Before the mention of Bahaar, the news post starts with "Listen up! I don’t have time for coddling you keeners anymore." Who are the "keeners" being "coddled?" The new brawlers. Note all the social media posts for the last few weeks with Lady.Tanly's advice, the brawler level rewards that come from Lady.Tanly, and the Lady.Tanly bundle focused on new Elin brawlers that was on the store. So, honestly, they did say that it was for new players from the beginning... you just had to understand the context. The fact it references Bahaar does not negate all the rest of the context.

    I can also say the lecturing isn't going to work either because it's an event that came straight from BHS (identical to what K-TERA had). The real issue has nothing to do with whoever playing the game, it's the fact that BHS's intended design for this game is way more grindy and painful than players here want. But lecturing them will plainly not work; you're basically telling them "don't trust the game developers with their own game because they're idiots who don't know what they're doing." Even if it were true, I'm sure you can imagine why this is an untenable argument for EME, a quasi subdivision/sister-company to BHS, and why BHS isn't going to particularly responsive to either EME or players here telling them that they don't know what they're doing.

    The feedback that people are in pain over the costs/burden of the enchantment system for high-end gear and the lack of events to make it easier has certainly been relayed relentlessly regardless. And yeah, clearly this event does nothing to address that end of the equation at all, so it's obvious to everyone why people are mad. I'm not trying to tell people to stop being mad, but just to keep it focused on only point that ultimately matters: the pain caused by the continued balance decisions.

    ...Its like you didn't read anything I said, or you just misunderstood a lot of it. Or maybe I just didn't understand what you're saying here, because a lot of it doesn't even reflect on the points I was trying to convey.

    It wasn't my intention for it to come off as 'lecturing,' its just another player expressing to them my feedback. Its been like this for awhile, NA and EU being like night and day when it comes to events and gearing. You can't expect people to see the enchanting event that the players got there (which includes stormcry) and not be upset about getting nothing like that here. I only understand partially what you're saying. Pretty much expressing ANY kind of feedback to them doesn't work, because they don't bother listening. I'm not sure what BHS has to do with alleviating the issues. There's things that they as the publisher can do to make improvements to our region and they're not doing it. I don't know if that has to do with BHS, or if BHS has some kind of influence over what they do, but either way NA is suffering more and more because of it and they're going to eventually lose out on a lot of potential players and money they can make if they continue doing things the way that have been.

    The mention of 'bahaar' wasn't even a major issue, but something I brought up last-minute. They didn't advertise it well for what it is: an event aimed for mainly new players. And like I said one of the GMs themselves acted like they didn't exactly know what it was either until just now. My main point was that we need something for vets/players that already have stormcry because we've had events already to help new players. EU pretty much got an event that helped everyone. Also another major point was how they're doing nothing to address how awful it is to gear in NA, literally right now its pushing players away. People new and old are quitting or moving to EU. You literally have players in EU recruiting players from NA. Despite that, I still don't think its worth leaving my account here in NA to go there, but plenty of people don't care.

    And no. I was not telling them "don't trust the game developers with their own game because they're idiots who don't know what they're doing," I said nothing of the sort at all in any paragraph. You said BHS intended it to be grindy, but again, look at EU? Its not so grindy over there. They have more methods of getting materials and resources for enchanting their gear. What I am asking for isn't unreasonable. A lot of us are asking for similar resources and events that EU gets.
Sign In or Register to comment.